I downloaded SP2 for XP last night, but I chickened out at the last second & I havent installed it yet. I've heard from some people that it's a good thing, but I've heard from other people that it is the root of all evil.
Anyone care to share their experiences, or maybe try to talk me into/out of installing it?
I didn't do much for my computer (I already have firewall program), but my naive side told me that I needed it for my computer. Of course, then IE stopped working for me on numerous websites. Maybe this patch will fix it? I'm convinced that there's a connection between SP2 and IE no longer working on my computer.
Originally posted by DJ FrostyFreeze Anyone care to share their experiences, or maybe try to talk me into/out of installing it?
I installed SP2 a couple of weeks ago. The worst thing I can say about it so far is it bugs me to switch to Automatic Updates. It really seems to have had very little, if any, negative impact on my system. I browse mostly with Mozilla, but haven't had any IE worries.
Buuuuut, this only affects people who use IE as their default browser ... right?
Alessandro "Hercules" Boondy
Just so you guys know: 75% of this crap [you read on the internet] is made up, either by the writer, or the wrestler the writer is getting the dirt from. Just so you know. -- Statement by "Tammy Sytch", from Hyatte's Dec. 29th column ... Lest we forget.
MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)
- Affected Software:
- Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 - Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Service Pack 1 - Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 - Windows Server 2003 - Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition
- Office 2003 - Office XP Service Pack 3 - Visio 2003 (All versions) - Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 (All versions) - Project 2003 (All versions) - Project 2002 Service Pack 1 (All versions)
- Review bulletin MS04-O28 for information about these affected operating systems and applications:
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a - Windows NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6a - Windows NT Server 4.0 Terminal Server Edition Service Pack 6 - Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 - Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 - Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- The Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.0 - The Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.1 - Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
- Picture It! 2002 (All versions) - Greetings 2002 - Picture It! version 7.0 (All versions) - Digital Image Pro version 7.0 - Picture It! version 9 (All versions) Including Picture It! Library) - Digital Image Pro version 9 - Digital Image Suite version 9 - Producer for Microsoft Office PowerPoint (All versions)
- Visual Studio 2003 .NET - Visual Basic .NET Standard 2003 - Visual C# .NET Standard 2003 - Visual C++ .NET Standard 2003 - Visual J# .NET Standard 2003 - Visual Studio 2002 .NET - Visual Basic .NET Standard 2002 - Visual C# .NET Standard 2002 - Visual C++ .NET Standard 2002 - The Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.0 SDK - Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+
- Review the FAQ section of bulletin MS04-O28 for information about these operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 98 - Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE) - Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (ME)
- Impact: Remote Code Execution - Version Number: 1.0
(edited by Guru Zim on 20.9.04 1258) Willful ignorance of science is not commendable. Refusing to learn the difference between a credible source and a shill is criminally stupid.
we poked around trying to get an old game for windows 95 working over Christmas called Mixed up mother goose. I gave up and googled it and it was online. my daughter happily played it (reliving her fairly recent youth) for the rest of the day.