Sorry I'm late today. Went to Hangman Tim's and had a dorkfest that we renamed BLOODfest 2011! The only non-blood match was PG-13 vs Derrick and JT Starr which was- though bloodless- TRULY awesome. Wolfie D and Derrick King were Christlike. I also watched the Steen vs Generico blow-off match- I dug it a bunch. I dig Steen and I think his offense is underrated. Of course, the match should have ended waaaay before it did- especially after the fucking BEAUTIFUL Turnbuckle brainbuster. And also it was strange that the ref took the biggest bump in- what was- a match of some truly impressive bumps. The bucket of blood took it over the top. I showed Tim the LA PARK vs Messias match and the BJ vs Blitz match. So yeah, BLOODFEST! We realized that we needed more bloodbath based dorkfests.
The bucket of blood took it over the top. I showed Tim the LA PARK vs Messias match and the BJ vs Blitz match. So yeah, BLOODFEST! We realized that we needed more bloodbath based dorkfests.
Yesterday's WWC was that really good Pierrothcito vs Mascaracito Sagrada match from back on the first day of the whole Dean Gets Puerto Rico experiment and the rest was hype for the 2/19 card last night. I get the feeling today's will the same, BUT HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!
- La Morena beats the living crap out of Black Rose- as it appears that La Morena was either trained by Yomika Hotta or is just the biggest crowbar on the island. Black Rose uses the evil of her divine buttocks to muster the gusto to lay it in just as hard. They screw up a few spots- including the finish, but everything else is either legit straight rights to face or someone being crushed by someone hitting something wrong or landing wrong. Black Rose does get in a very nice German Suplex with a bridge and does the best Spear of the week (and I think I saw 14 of them friday night on Smackdown- including one good one.) She follows the Spear Of The Week by just CRUSHING Morena's face by overshooting on a toprope guillotine. But yeah, I always give a match the benefit of a doubt if they err on the side of stiffness. You should watch this.
- Your CLASSIC is One Man Gang putting on a punching clinic by just punching Invader 1 in the face a whole bunch. This is 2000ish, I'm assuming, because Invader 1 is wearing the WWC NWO shirt and OMG looks to be about 260. God, OMG shows no daylight. The punches are Murdockian in their perfection. But yeah, Invader 1 is kind of a bummer.
- Joined in progress, CJ O'Doyle, the King of Baltimore takes on Mr X! Mr X has a perfectly fine clothesline. His chinlock is less fine. O'Doyle's punches are not COMPLETELY obliterated by being in the same half hour block as OMG's perfect punches so I keep this close to my heart. His Superkick was 1/78th Chris Adams, so yeah, this worked.
WHAT DIDN'T WORK-
- Abel Durant is wearing the same suit he wore last week which means this was taped last week or Abel has a limited wardrobe. One as suave as he points to the latter, but the seeds of doubt are planted.
- They have reached the absolute end of the last taping session so they replay the Messias vs Carlito match that got the whole Shane/BJ fued going. Hercules Ayala is the special referee and he looks a lot like my Uncle Doug. Except my Uncle Doug could beat anybody's ass on earth. Messias takes some big in-ring bumps carrying a pretty disinterested Carlito, but I did watch LA PARK vs Messias again today so this is quite the plunge in Banderas Match Quality. Banderas does have the best DiBiase Powerslam in the biz and the one here is worth a look. Also Primo and his pea-head show up. Actually, Carlitos works a little by the end and does take a few backbumps. Ayala takes the Backstabber like a pro and then the booking kicks in - as Shane comes in and helps Banderas win by delivering the Elbow From Heaven to lead up to Banderas making with the Frogsplash for the win. Ah, almost. And it was a little old.
THERE YOU HAVE IT.
DEAN RASMUSSEN. TEAM GIRTH.
(edited by DEAN RASMUSSEN on 20.2.11 2115) YES, I AM DEAN.
The feature bout of this week sees SIN CARA take on MICHAEL McGILLICUTTY! WILLIAM REGAL joins JOSH MATHEWS at the commentary table. In the SATURDAY MORNING SPOTLIGHT, DAMIEN SANDOW opens his dictionary!