Tonight after a fabulous meal at DON PAPA GRANDES, the wife, the children and I went to Kohls to buy shoes for my younguns. My 11 year old's favorite movie is THE BAD SEED. I love the BAD SEED because you and I should ALWAYS try to work the manners and speech of groundskeeper Leroy into every situation possible. Anyway, I based the whole trip on saying the word "shoes" as often as possible in this manner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFWw704guk
And it NEVER GOT ANNOYING! I BET! PROLLY!
If you don't pattern your life after Leroy's, you are probably some kind of pathetic pussy. MAN UP, YOU LITTLE BITCH! I don't have your sheeewwwwwws.
- Hey! I really dug Robert Roode ON THE STICK~! There was actual intensity there for a second and the Bischoff burial attempt led up to the intensity. Hey Hernandez is back. I guess he won't be standing around really great LA PARK matches in AAA anymore.
- TAZZZZZZ is fun masturbating to the knock-outs match while talking about the certain details that get him to the finish line. "Oooo motor cycle. Guhhhhh, that Latino dancing thing. HEY! LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE! AHHH! OoooooOOOO! GAaaaaaah sweeeet godddd..... THE BURNING.... the burning.... the..... horrible.... horrible.... burning....." Mickey James is with the Beautiful People in this? Rosita is teeny and spunky! Serena and Rosita don't really lay it into Angelina- which is stupid because Angelina will beat the fuck out of you. Velvet and Winter yell at each other and I'm get a bit of a chubby myself. It's over? Teeny Moonsault for the pin. This is basically a reason for Winter to stalk Velvet which is a fun little angle so I'll use my infinite mercy and allow this match stay at the WORKED side. I am a kind and loving god... Madison Rayne has a great screechy voice and she starts screeching way too high. She has nowhere else to go but to start shattering glass in the TNA arena. Mickey James called her out to the ring to beat her ass and she just kinda stood there and allowed Madison to screech at her for a while. Testing... my mercy....
- Jeff Hardy IS Nightcrawler? I await his collarbone to go BAMPH~! in the ladder match.
- Ink Inc is about the one percent of society? Where is the rest of the 99%? I'm surrounded by over-tattooed hipster douche-bags all day. I must escape the to the other 99%! I have hope. Another TNA miracle....
- Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Hardy should be a fun little tag team. Matt Hardy would be ultimate use of a Hardy in this but I'm a little stoked. Jeff Hardy lays in his offense and then bumps like a freak for Angle's suplexes so Jeff Hardy is holding up his end. Jarrett punches Styles in the face and taunts Angle and NOOO! they will not touch. Golly, a not-touching-until-the-big-match is booking so old school that I can't have a beef with it. Hardy keeps a tight leash on Angle's comebacks. Jarrett finally tags in when Angle is helpless and they tease an ankle lock and Hardy breaks it up quickly and I'm digging the super-Southern psychology of the whole thing- as the crowd really wants Angle to kill Jarrett, and the anticipation is part of the fun. I assume- while watching the endless flurry of commercials- that they will nWO book the finish by having both factions in the ring for the non-finish, but let's see. Jeff Hardy bumps big on the Toprope All American Slam. AJ Styles is house a-fire and hits the big Bicycle kick for two until Hardy saves. Hardy fucking DIES from Released German and AJ Styles hits quite beautiful Missile Flying Five-Arm! for the win. Jarrett gets his heat back by kicking both in the groin. Not at all the finish I was expecting but pretty fabulous none-the-less. They unload the lockerroom and I would have to assume that they follow WATTSian logic that your show should always end with your heels on top. Eh, sorta. Close enough. That was a good little main event.
- The BK stuffed Steakhouse Burger is quality Odd-Way-To-Crush-A-Vena-Cava dining. I had one last week when I had convinced myself I had merely DREAMT that it existed. My colon pays the price when dreams are so REAL.
WHAT DIDN'T WORK-
- Why was that 6 man tag a six man tag? It worked perfectly fine as a kinda extension of the Bubba Ray vs the Devon Children feud. Jesus, RVD is NOTHING BUT fruity embellishments at this point.
- Hmmmmm. Matt Morgan carrying Mr Anderson? Oooo. Tall order. I assume there will be a run-in before they even lock up. ANNND there's Jeff Hardy. He has a ladder. Maybe he'll call the match from ringside like Harley Race useta do when he was managing Vader. That would be awesome. "COME ON! I SAID DIVE THE FLOOR HEAD FIRST!" En lieu of that, we get kind of a NXT-Superstars-Smackdown dark match. REF BUMP! Hernandez attacks Matt Morgan- pretty gently. And gently assaults Anderson with a sub-Edge One Man Flapjack. Swanton was nice. BAMPH!
- Hey! It's Brian Kendrick! His paunts are tiny. I have not seen Robbie E before, have I? That's not a re-packaged Evan Kuragious, is it? Who is Suicide now? I hate a three way blah blah blah. Suicide DIES early crushing rib-first to the floor. Kendricks strikes REALLY fucking SUCK. What happened? Suicide with the CRAVATE~! slam into the turnbuckle. Kendrick lays a kick into Suicide's face and Suicide sells it by hitting his finisher. And Robbie E steals the win and fuck this match- though Suicide gave it a good college try.
Roode's promo - That was one of those promos where you can see the guy becoming a bigger star as it progresses. Really good stuff.
Lots of Knockouts - A few months ago, the division was basically Madison, Angelina, and Velvet with the tag belts on life support. Now there are enough to support both. You can easily make teams from the Beautiful People, The Latinas, Rayne/Tara. Not to mention some ladies we haven't seen in awhile like Daffney and Taylor. On a side note, when Winter finally goes nuts, she HAS to team with Daffney.
Hernandez Joins Immortal - Immortal needs to be dying, not growing, and Hernandez doesn't work well as a heel without Homicide.
Jarrett/Angle Drama - Everything bad the bookers do is here. Jarrett putting himself all over a show. Russorific family drama and REAL LIFE. Hate it.
X-Division - So we have a tag team and Robbie B for the belts. They need to take a page from the Knockouts division and beef up the roster. There is no reason to have to mine the tag division to keep this afloat. If they fired Hogan, they could resign everyone who has ever BEEN in the X-Division with the money.
I really didn't like the tonights show.The show opening promo turned out pretty good. Bischoff was dressed like a seventy year old man and I really didn't like his promo. The whole Vanilla midget stuff please. I thought Roode's promo was awesome and easily the best of his career. He showed great passion. IMO he really has what it takes to be a Main Event level guy. He has a good look and is a very strong worker and is confident on the mic.
Gunner, Murphy, and Rob Terry being in a PPV Match and guys like Douglas Williams, Styles and Kazarian not having matches is silly. Good luck to Beer Money in carrying those guys to a watchable Match. TNA's tag division is really shallow. I'd much rather see Gen Me facing Beer Money than them being in a 3 way Match with Robbie E.
The 6 Man tables Match was silly. Pope and Joe disappeared twenty seconds in and Hardy and Rvd disappeared not long after that. I suspect that Devon's kids will turn on him in a shocking swerve.
I know The WWE already did the whole custody battle with Rey's kid in the feud with Eddie and I hated it then and I don't like it any better now that there's a match for the custody of Angle's kids in The Jarrett-Angle Match.
The 8 Knockouts Match was a mess and lasted all of two minutes. Rosita is pretty hot I must say.
The X Division sure is on fire eh? This was the shortest of the qualifying matches and the least talented guy went over. TNA has done nothing with Kendrick. I doubt they'll do anything with Suicide even thought it's Daniels under the mask.
Morgan-Anderson was okay but it was booked pretty badly. The ref bumps are really ridiculous at this stage. Anderson has been really booked as a weak champion so far. He needed Fortunes help to beat Hardy(who had Anderson beat with the ref down) and beat Morgan thanks to Hernandez, who then beat down Anderson. Can they get rid of that ugly belt already please?
I don't see Hernandez going very far as a Heel. He's bad on the mic and better off as a tag wrestler, imo.
The Main Event tag between Jarrett-Hardy and Styles-Angle not surprisingly was very good . It was nice to see Styles go over Jarrett. I didn't love seeing Jarrett taking out both Styles and Angle even if it was low blows.
You can make the case the show should have ended with the heels at the advantegous building heat on them, but we needed one more guy to run out. There was too much Jarrett on the show tonight and that's been an issue for years now.
I am hoping after Against All Odds we see less of the Kurt/JJ feud and more of them building the X-Division. I guess the plan is to slowly start introducing new stars as well put the focus back on the title in the coming months. At least that is the rumor/hope. They are doing it with the KO division and it seems to be working better then it did the last few months. The tag team division is screwed without MCMG until they return its going to be lost in the wilderness. They can maybe get an LAX reformation or build up Ink Inc. or Generation Me.
I think Immortal should grow since the giant complaint about Fortune turning was there was no good wrestlers left to wrestle for the heels. I like Super Mex and it was a year or so ago that he looked like a legit Main Eventer after winning Fest or Fired. AJ and Kaz not being on the PPV does not equal good while they are shoving Steiner and Team Security as well as Matt Hardy on the PPV.
If Anderson wins, they should start moving people into position to face him as champ. If he beats Jeff, there is no one other then JJ or Abyss for him to face and neither is going to be a money match. Their best bet is to push Pope up after his feud with Joe. My great fear is when Hogan comes back, he will be the one facing Anderson and that is something no one outside the sad Hogan marks want to see.
Adding Hernandez, a guy who was getting over as a monster face and whose best heel days were with Konnan as a mouthpiece, to the big heel stable is kinda odd. I anxiously await Immortal announcing the acquisition of noted bad guy Ricky Steamboat. And on the other end of the spectrum, you have an X-Division triple threat match starring three heels.
Possible terrible turns that have been telegraphed for Sunday: Robert Roode, Devon's sons, Angle's children, Mr. Anderson. Hopefully all of them!
Originally posted by Amos CochranPossible terrible turns that have been telegraphed for Sunday: Robert Roode, Devon's sons, Angle's children, Mr. Anderson. Hopefully all of them!
Don't forget Steiner!
That did seem like a star making promo for Roode. He does have the look, in-ring ability, and (apparently) mic skills to be a main event guy, but I would hate to lose Beer Money. The tag division can’t afford it either. As much as TNA gets props for the tag division, it’s actually pretty thin.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Originally posted by lotjxI am hoping after Against All Odds we see less of the Kurt/JJ feud and more of them building the X-Division. I guess the plan is to slowly start introducing new stars as well put the focus back on the title in the coming months. At least that is the rumor/hope. They are doing it with the KO division and it seems to be working better then it did the last few months. The tag team division is screwed without MCMG until they return its going to be lost in the wilderness. They can maybe get an LAX reformation or build up Ink Inc. or Generation Me.
I'd love to see a reformed LAX against Beer Money. Hell, I'd be satisfied with any combination of LAX, Beer Money, MCMG, and Gen Me for the rest of the year. But the tag scene is thin. If I'm TNA, I'd be going after WGTT and the Briscoes.
Wait a minute. On Monday, Tajiri appears in a scripted sketch in which he complains that he used to be a big star but WWE has totally jobbed him out. (Later, on the same show, he ... gets totally jobbed out.) On Thursday, he asks for his release.