- Buzz Dupp and Mike Woods go at it again after the title match last week. Evil mike Woods makes for a fun more fun match. Evil Mike Woods is super fun- even beyond looking the most pissed off older brother of a Deicide guitar tech ever. Buzz Dupp is perfectly fine being a lovable lummox hitting the ten punch in the corner. Woods leans into his lariat hopespot like a king. Woods SWEEET elbow drop seals it as the first beloved wrestler of NWAME. Frankie D comes out and the beat the hell out of Dupp until Chris Micheals makes the save. That's gonna be a fun tag match.
- They have a vignette introducing the Impending DOOM and his finisher is the Iron Claw Chokeslam and I have loved that finisher since the heady days of Shinigammi being undead and walking the earth. Imagine my bliss... Then he comes out and kills Shabaz. Shabazz has turned face since last we saw him turn evil. Doom throws in a goofy submission and nice kneedrop to compliment his perfectly fine lowgrade heavyweight power offense. Doom with the elbow across the nose while Shabaz is in the Camel Clutch makes Doom the second beloved NWAME wrestler. Shabaz hits a flurry of comical punches and the one who would Impend kills him him with an Iron Claw Chokeslam to finish it. Doom FUN.
- Hey! A promo! Jeff Daniels is very Micheal PS Hayes-esque. "I'd rather go to my mama's funeral than my own!" Superfly P has a comical afro. If you squint, you would think you were watching Rocky King versus Rene Goulet in 1976. Daniels headbutts Superfly P but SUPERFLY P IS BLACK! HIS HEAD IS HARD! Ahhhhh, Tennessee... Daniels has great punches. AWESOME thumb to the throat. Okay we have third beloved NWAME wrestler of the week. It's a fucking clinic of cheating with the pinnacle being the most elaborate lowblow in the history of professional wrestling. And his finisher is the Misawa Emerald Frozien. If Daniels had made the rookie look better than he did I would dub him the Fuerza Guerrera of Tennessee. Jeff "the Crippler" Daniels I'm all over.
- Chris Micheals versus Frankie D was structurally interesting. It started off as a Velocity match- with every transition to offense being caused a finisher (a Falcon Arrow, Buff Blockbuster) being kicked out of. Then mid-match it goes completely Southern and is completely a Memphis slugfest by the time Buzz Dupp and Mike Woods storm the ring. I dig Frankie D. Chris Micheals is up for challenge, being as good as a Southern babyface in the match as Frankie is a rat bastard. Plus the high-end suplexes and powerslam made me think that this wouldn't be out of place in the upper card of a NWA-VA card.
WHAT DIDN'T WORK-
- Vicious Vandy and LA Player wrestle for a few minutes. It's generic big guy North American wrestling but it's basically an LA Player squash. Vandy bumped big off the toprope and I dug that. I dunno. The upside is that LA Player uses a Rydeen Bomb for a finisher and they call it THE SHIZZLE! I like how he a "Player" and not a "Playah". The mixed metaphor of streetness is endearing.
- Come on. It's either an auction house or it's a sportatorium. A combination of the two is INSANITY.
- I think need the Opal's Knife and Fork in Tennesse versus McLeans in Richmond- big breakfast versus big breakfast. OUR RED EYE GRAVY WILL HAVE YOU CRAWLING BACK TO YER TENNESSEE MAMAS!
- They really needed a promo after the main event to seal the hate to set up next weeks show. It just kinda fizzles out when you come back to a recap of the show instead.
THERE YOU HAVE IT.
(edited by DEAN RASMUSSEN on 26.6.05 1519)
(edited by DEAN RASMUSSEN on 26.6.05 1519) YES, I AM DEAN.
Spoiler-Less: -WWE United States Champion John Cena vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero in a non-title match -Rico vs. Charlie Haas -WWE Heavyweight Champion Eddie Guerrero vs. The Big Show in a non-title match -Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam