The W
Views: 97696315
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
26.7.14 0223
The W - Pro Wrestling - WWE wrestlers told to shut their mouths (Page 2)
This thread has 183 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.57
Pages: Prev 1 2
(7253 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (27 total)
ShotGunShep
Frankfurter








Since: 20.2.03

Since last post: 2448 days
Last activity: 2335 days
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.21
Wouldn't the newer WWE contracts forbade wrestlers from disclosing certain information to the media? You'd have to be pretty stupid to put your job on the line for talking to some half assed internet reporter.



"Huard, gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone...it is INTERCEPTED INTERCEPTED, THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35, the 40. Kenny Wheaton's gonna score! Kenny Wheaton is gonna score! 20, the 10, Touchdown! Kenny Wheaton on the interception, the most incredible finish to the football game!" Jerry Allen... 'Nuff Said
Torchslasher
Knackwurst








Since: 17.1.02
From: New F'n Jersey

Since last post: 290 days
Last activity: 257 days
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.44
    Originally posted by Snookum
      Originally posted by asteroidboy
      But if the internet fans are such a minority, as we ALWAYS hear, then why does Vince care if such a small portion of the fanbase knows about anything?



        Why should he be okay with a "small portion" knowing it? He doesn't want anyone outside of the company knowing about this stuff, so what makes a "small portion" okay and the rest not?

        I just mean, if Vinnie cares about keeping this stuff quiet, then he doesn't care where it is appearing, just that it is appearing, period.

        (edited by Snookum on 22.1.04 1413)


      Because we are some of the only people still supporting him. Because most of this "small minority" bought and rave about the Ric Flair DVD. Because while he needs casual fans, many of them might be interested because of the IWC's fascination.

      Personally, I blame all of this on the Wiener who published the Brock Lesnar interview (sorry, can't remember the name).



      Damn you WWE for making me change my sig. I'm sure you have good enough reasons to get rid of Shannon, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Let me thus be the first to say: BRING BACK DAFFNEY!
Snookum
Kishke








Since: 19.6.03
From: Louisville

Since last post: 2549 days
Last activity: 2530 days
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.00
    Originally posted by Torchslasher
    Because we are some of the only people still supporting him. Because most of this "small minority" bought and rave about the Ric Flair DVD. Because while he needs casual fans, many of them might be interested because of the IWC's fascination.


I understand what you're saying, but if Vince feels that the wrestlers are giving out information he doesn't want them to, why should he make an exception to the internet? Just because we "support" him doesn't mean that he would be happy to have some phantom wrestler telling a website how much WWE is screwing him over in a storyline (or whatever). I mean, most places of business, if you're caught talking to the press about business, you wind up in a heck of a lot of trouble.

I just think the story is a lot to do about nothing that we couldn't have already expected to be the case at WWE.


    Personally, I blame all of this on the Wiener who published the Brock Lesnar interview (sorry, can't remember the name).


I say we get the pitchforks and torches ready. (Yeah, I'm just joking. Brock probably needs to sweat it a bit from time to time.)

kokolums2
Bauerwurst








Since: 10.6.02

Since last post: 3419 days
Last activity: 3419 days
#24 Posted on
Why is it that everytime I hear a story like this, I immediately think its the beginning of a new angle. Either its the "Brock Lesnar the lock room leader angle", or its the "internet leak" angle. Which is it gonna be?

Maybe the New England Patriots have inspired in Vince a sense that the locker room needs to feel like a team instead of individuals. So you have locker room leaders. Hey, the Patriots are all defense with mediocre offense - how about a wrestler with that as a gimmick? A guy who can block or counter any move, but doesn't have much offense himself and kinda wears you down after a while.
ShotGunShep
Frankfurter








Since: 20.2.03

Since last post: 2448 days
Last activity: 2335 days
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.21
    Originally posted by kokolums2
    Why is it that everytime I hear a story like this, I immediately think its the beginning of a new angle. Either its the "Brock Lesnar the lock room leader angle", or its the "internet leak" angle. Which is it gonna be?

    Maybe the New England Patriots have inspired in Vince a sense that the locker room needs to feel like a team instead of individuals. So you have locker room leaders. Hey, the Patriots are all defense with mediocre offense - how about a wrestler with that as a gimmick? A guy who can block or counter any move, but doesn't have much offense himself and kinda wears you down after a while.

Or maybe vince really liked what happened with Randy Orton, Mark Jinkdrak and Maven in Boston. Who knows? Maybe the WWE is getting off to jerking our chain?



"Huard, gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone...it is INTERCEPTED INTERCEPTED, THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35, the 40. Kenny Wheaton's gonna score! Kenny Wheaton is gonna score! 20, the 10, Touchdown! Kenny Wheaton on the interception, the most incredible finish to the football game!" www.eatmyassbeavernation.com
Hogan's My Dad
Andouille








Since: 8.6.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 16 hours
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.18
    Originally posted by oldschoolhero
    Good on the man. People are fucking with his business, and giving information to a group of people who already believe him to be the Devil himself. Why shouldn't he tell his employees to stop fucking things up? Wouldn't YOU do the same?


I'd do one better. I'd tell the people who are actually leaking things.

The wrestlers find out about the creative direction when they get to TV tapings. Most of them don't know what's going on until they arrive. None of them are privy to advance info to leak in the first place. Logically, the only people who could be leaking this info are management and/or creative. If Gewirtz and Patterson are getting the same Mr Spacely-like job threats that the wrestlers are then I tip my hat to Vinny. But I doubt that's happening.



I'd tell you to kiss my ass, but I don't want to get it infected.
fuelinjected
Banger








Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3172 days
Last activity: 3172 days
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.15
    Originally posted by Hogan's My Dad
      Originally posted by oldschoolhero
      Good on the man. People are fucking with his business, and giving information to a group of people who already believe him to be the Devil himself. Why shouldn't he tell his employees to stop fucking things up? Wouldn't YOU do the same?


    I'd do one better. I'd tell the people who are actually leaking things.

    The wrestlers find out about the creative direction when they get to TV tapings. Most of them don't know what's going on until they arrive. None of them are privy to advance info to leak in the first place. Logically, the only people who could be leaking this info are management and/or creative. If Gewirtz and Patterson are getting the same Mr Spacely-like job threats that the wrestlers are then I tip my hat to Vinny. But I doubt that's happening.


It's never going to stop. Vince, himself, used to talk to Meltzer all the time up until the Invasion. Same with Bischoff.

It's such a BS cop-out because the internet was strong as hell during the peak just a few years ago with lots of leaks.
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread rated: 4.57
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread ahead: Mattitude
Next thread: 1.24.04 Confidential - Lilian says You don't know Me
Previous thread: WWE Originals debuts at #12 on Billboard
(7253 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Actually, I thought 'My Way' was kind of a weird choice. If you listen to the lyrics it's about a guy brekaing up with a girl, isn't it? Applying that to clips of Austin and Rock seemed kinda weird.
Related threads: Kendrick wasnt' the only one to get his release last night.... - Spanky's a leavin' this dump - Nash is done with WWE. - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - WWE wrestlers told to shut their mouths (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.382 seconds.