When we list the most popular wrestlers online, we're not including recently deceased star Curt "Mr. Perfect" Henning. He received a ton of searches after his death (enough to make #21 on the Lycos 50) but none before that. We're also not including ex-wrestlers Joanie "Chyna" Laurer or Rena "Sable" Mero, who have disappeared from everywhere except the world of Internet pinup downloads.
Here are the top 20 most-requested wrestlers on Lycos, male and female, over the past six weeks. Last year's rank is in parentheses:
1) Trish Stratus (1) 2) Torrie Wilson (10) 3) Stephanie McMahon (2) 4) Stacy Keibler (5) 5) The Rock (4) 6) Stone Cold Steve Austin (9) 7) Lita (3) 8) Bill Goldberg (7) 9) Hulk Hogan (6) 10) Jeff Hardy (12)
11) Kane (17) 12) Shawn Michaels (18) 13) Triple H (8) 14) The Undertaker (13) 15) Terri Runnels (11) 16) Bret Hart (20) 17) Brock Lesnar (-) 18) Nathan Jones (-) 19) John Cena (-) 20) Scott Steiner (-)
While Trish Stratus is still the hottest hottie of the WWE, Torrie Wilson has been super-popular over the past couple weeks thanks to a Playboy pictorial. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin have been hot since they both returned to wrestling a few weeks ago.
Originally posted by fuelinjected1) Trish Stratus (1) 2) Torrie Wilson (10) 3) Stephanie McMahon (2) 4) Stacy Keibler (5) 5) The Rock (4) 6) Stone Cold Steve Austin (9) 7) Lita (3) 8) Bill Goldberg (7) 9) Hulk Hogan (6) 10) Jeff Hardy (12)
So there's the top 10. I just have a few things to say.
1. See? The marks (at least the ones who spend their time looking for quasi-porn) like Stephanie. Hell, she's more popular that Stacy!
2. Wow, Jeff really is much more popular than I imagined.
NOTE: The above post makes no sense. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Originally posted by Mr. Boffo 1. See? The marks (at least the ones who spend their time looking for quasi-porn) like Stephanie. Hell, she's more popular that Stacy!
I remember watching Smackdown when Stephanie made the announcement that Torrie Wilson had been selected to pose nude for Playboy. Prior to making the announcement, Stephanie, addressing the audience in the arena, teased that she [Stephanie] may be the one who would pose nude. I remember being struck by the live crowd's disappointment when Stephanie quickly made it clear that, no, she would not be the one posing nude. Until that point I didn't fully appreciate just how large the Stephanie McMahon fan base was. Now, seeing the Lycos list posted by FuelInjected it's clear that she is mega-over, and that there are a lot of people who would love to see more of her. Perhaps much more. Leaving us to wonder if the WWE will give the people what they (seemingly) want.
1. I turned it sideways and stuck it up someone's candy ass, if you smell what the Rock is cookin. 2. Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, and whatchu gonna do when the twenty-four inch pythons go wild on you. 3.