The W
Views: 98327971
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
21.8.14 1113
The W - Pro Wrestling - WWE to launch sitcom; stars Santino Marella
This thread has 5 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.69
Pages: 1
(2392 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (15 total)
Spank E
Kolbasz








Since: 2.1.02
From: Bournemouth, UK

Since last post: 62 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.84
http://www.aoltv.co.uk/2010/01/26/wwe-to-develop-santino-marella-sitcom/

Wow. Just wow.



Promote this thread!
redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 416 days
Last activity: 416 days
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.87
Only question is can this show surpass Learning the Ropes and Thunder (or Blunder) in Paradise on the list of worst shows ever, should it actually ever appear on the talking picture box.
JST
Toulouse








Since: 20.1.02
From: Quebec City, CAN

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.39
    Originally posted by the AOL TV article
    WWE stars Beth Phoenix and Vladimir Kozlov will portray his girlfriend and best friend, respectively.


This actually has potential. Vlad was on the Abraham Washington Show (guest-hosted by Santino even), and was being all goofy rather than doing his impression of Lance Storm doing his impression of Sam The Eagle. Call it morbid curiosity.




My side is the side of love, peace and submachine guns.
Spaceman Spiff
Knackwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: Philly Suburbs

Since last post: 49 days
Last activity: 3 hours
AIM:  
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05
Anything that gets Santino off Raw is a plus in my book. Although, I'm sure they'll keep him around, and might even up his screen time in order to promote it :(



thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00

    "In two weeks, we're filming the first three episodes," he added. "It will air at first on the dot com, then after that we will get it to a network television.


Yea, I'm thinking no on that.



thecubsfan.com - luchablog
whatever
Lap cheong








Since: 12.2.02
From: Cleveland, Ohio

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.48
How many different ways can they misspell his last name in that article? That's got to be some sort of record.




"As you may have read in Robert Parker's Wine Newsletter, 'Donaghy Estates tastes like the urine of Satan, after a hefty portion of asparagus.'" Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock

kentish
Andouille








Since: 19.8.05
From: My Old Kentucky Home

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.57
    Originally posted by redsoxnation
    Only question is can this show surpass Learning the Ropes and Thunder (or Blunder) in Paradise on the list of worst shows ever, should it actually ever appear on the talking picture box.

I am not sure I would put Thunder in the same category as Learning the Ropes. Thunder was bad, but I can think of many shows that were worse. There's bad, and there is Saturday morning live action bad.

The odd thing is, Santino hasn't been funny for nearly a year, so now they decide to give him a sitcom? I understand wanting to branch out, but how about writing a consistently good wrestling show first?




"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Peter The Hegemon
Lap cheong








Since: 11.2.03
From: Hackettstown, NJ

Since last post: 23 days
Last activity: 1 day
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.03
    Originally posted by thecubsfan

      "In two weeks, we're filming the first three episodes," he added. "It will air at first on the dot com, then after that we will get it to a network television.


    Yea, I'm thinking no on that.


I'm guessing "to a network television" means "as a 4-minute segment on one of the existing WWE shows".
rv581
Goetta








Since: 2.12.02

Since last post: 1420 days
Last activity: 590 days
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.37
If it's a work, it could be a fun angle, I guess -- with trailers for Santino's craptastic new TV show airing each week on "Raw," Santino hyping himself as the next big breakthrough star, etc. And when the show is FINALLY set to premier on USA, it'll be preempted by "See No Evil," setting up a once-in-a-generation grudge match between Kane and Santino.

WWE creative, you've done it again. Bravo, sirs. Bravo.





"Who ate my sandwich???"
spf
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Las Vegas of Canada

Since last post: 22 days
Last activity: 13 hours
AIM:  
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.16
I am relatively certain this would be right up there with Seinfeld, Cheers, Frasier, and the Bob Newhart Show in the running for greatest tv comedy ever.



2007 and 2008 W-League Fantasy Football champion!
Broncolanche
Sujuk








Since: 2.6.03
From: Littleton, CO

Since last post: 1101 days
Last activity: 353 days
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.97
    Originally posted by rv581
    If it's a work, it could be a fun angle, I guess -- with trailers for Santino's craptastic new TV show airing each week on "Raw," Santino hyping himself as the next big breakthrough star, etc. And when the show is FINALLY set to premier on USA, it'll be preempted by "See No Evil," setting up a once-in-a-generation grudge match between Kane and Santino.

    WWE creative, you've done it again. Bravo, sirs. Bravo.


And they should do it on April Fool's.
TheOldMan
Landjager








Since: 13.2.03
From: Chicago

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 48 days
#12 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.48
So we're gonna judge this on a scale from 1 (Life in the GLOW House) to 10 (Fuji Vice)?



StaggerLee
Scrapple








Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 7 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#13 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.91
If they hire outside writers and ignore the WWE connection, it MIGHT be an 'okay' syndication show.

Too bad WB isn't on the air any more.



http://theglobalorphanproject.org/?p=1538





http://www.redcross.org
If you can, these two organizations are hard at work in Haiti, so please give them a hand.
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 8 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#14 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.86
I can't be the only one thinking everyone is giving this story WAY too much credibility, can I?

If this was really happening, how come some AMERICAN outfit isn't reporting the news? I mean...it's AOL UK. You know, check that - it's not even AOL UK, it's an AOL UK *BLOG*. We're talking several degrees removed from, say, Variety here. I don't want to be all high and mighty given the topic we're discussing, but there are sources and then there are sources, n'est ce pas?

It seems more likely, if this actually happens, that this would air as a segment during one of the existing shows - immediately followed by the requisite stampede of smarks rushing here and elsewhere on the tubes to complain about how there ain't any wrestling during the sports entertainment show anymore.



Spank E
Kolbasz








Since: 2.1.02
From: Bournemouth, UK

Since last post: 62 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#15 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.84
    Originally posted by CRZ
    I can't be the only one thinking everyone is giving this story WAY too much credibility, can I?

    If this was really happening, how come some AMERICAN outfit isn't reporting the news? I mean...it's AOL UK. You know, check that - it's not even AOL UK, it's an AOL UK *BLOG*. We're talking several degrees removed from, say, Variety here. I don't want to be all high and mighty given the topic we're discussing, but there are sources and then there are sources, n'est ce pas?

    It seems more likely, if this actually happens, that this would air as a segment during one of the existing shows - immediately followed by the requisite stampede of smarks rushing here and elsewhere on the tubes to complain about how there ain't any wrestling during the sports entertainment show anymore.


    Originally posted by Beth Phoenix's Twitter feed
    TheBethPhoenix Glamarella....like you've never seen it before. prepare for the unexpected as Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix enter the world of sitcoms!
    2 days ago





Thread rated: 4.69
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: 2009 Wrestling Observer Awards
Next thread: The Rock on ESPN
Previous thread: iMPACT to mONDAYS permanently
(2392 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Anyone have any links that might be of help?
Related threads: Orton allegedly assaults 15-year-old fan - The Leapfrog Effect (good or bad?) - Meltzer reports Bret Hart has signed with WWE - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - WWE to launch sitcom; stars Santino MarellaRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.382 seconds.