The W
Views: 100750683
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
23.11.14 0133
The W - Pro Wrestling - WWE Smackdown #752 1/17/14
This thread has 33 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 7.90
Pages: 1
(405 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (6 total)
Chumpstain
Boudin rouge








Since: 21.1.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 41 min.
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.24
During the show, CM Punk vowed in two backstage segments that he would call out the Shield and the New Age Outlaws. When Renee Young questioned if calling out five men would be career suicide, Punk said that he was just giving the Authority what they wanted, and that he'd get what he wanted in time. In the main event segment, Punk explained that because he speaks the truth he was a threat to Triple H, and Triple H would use the Shield to try to shut him up. Sure enough, the Shield and the New Age Outlaws came down to shut Punk up, but before they could attack Kane interrupted. Kane explained that Punk was mistaken and the Authority had no feud with him, which was why they'd let him enter the Royal Rumble to have a chance to main event Wrestlemania. Kane said that Punk was his business, and he gave Punk his word that he'd be treated with the respect he deserved. Kane motioned for everyone to back down and started to leave, only for Punk to tell him that his word meant nothing and he was a sellout. Kane wasn't going to take that sitting down and sicced the others on Punk, who held the ring off as each tried to enter one at a time, only for Kane to fly into the ring from behind Punk and deliver a chokeslam to lay him out. The first physicality from the Director of Operations!

As for matches, the New Age Outlaws defeated the Brotherhood via Billy's rollup on Cody after a Vickie Guerrero distraction. Naomi sold a flapjack by landing on her face, but she still defeated Tamina via split-legged moonsault. Big E Langston defeated Fandango with the Big Ending. The Usos defeated the Real Americans via Jimmy's big splash on Swagger. Zeb Colter was in a neck brace and a wheelchair, and Jey Uso wound up ramming him into Cesaro on the outside.

Paul Heyman did an interview segment explaining that Brock Lesnar would be on Raw and that neither Lesnar nor Heyman feared the Big Show. Big Show came down to dispute that, and Heyman ran for his life. Show promised to knock Lesnar out at the Royal Rumble. Bray Wyatt did an in-ring interview talking about his past, his father who neglected him, and how he had to be saved by Sister Abigail, who warned him that in the future he would be betrayed and deceived. He said that Daniel Bryan was that betrayer, but that stabbing Bray in the back did nothing because he was already dead. If Daniel didn't want to walk with the reapers, he could burn with the saints. In a backstage interview, Dean Ambrose vowed that he wouldn't wreck his friendship with the other Shield members in the Royal Rumble by trying to eliminate them, but Seth Rollins interrupted him and said that he'd eliminate Ambrose in a heartbeat. Roman Reigns played peacekeeper, saying that while he'd eliminate both of them to get a title shot, no matter what happened one of the Shield would win the Rumble, and they'd still be united afterwards.

Thoughts?
Promote this thread!
Spiraling_Shape
Bratwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 14 hours
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.03
I only saw the last 1/3 or so of the show, but that Usos/Real Americans match was pretty much the perfect blend of Wrestling and Sports Entertainment. It's amazing and awesome how the Usos' stock has shot up over the past few months.
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 11 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.48
    Originally posted by Chumpstain
    During the show, CM Punk vowed in two backstage segments that he would call out the Shield and the New Age Outlaws. When Renee Young questioned if calling out five men would be career suicide, Punk said that he was just giving the Authority what they wanted, and that he'd get what he wanted in time. In the main event segment, Punk explained that because he speaks the truth he was a threat to Triple H, and Triple H would use the Shield to try to shut him up. Sure enough, the Shield and the New Age Outlaws came down to shut Punk up, but before they could attack Kane interrupted. Kane explained that Punk was mistaken and the Authority had no feud with him, which was why they'd let him enter the Royal Rumble to have a chance to main event Wrestlemania. Kane said that Punk was his business, and he gave Punk his word that he'd be treated with the respect he deserved. Kane motioned for everyone to back down and started to leave, only for Punk to tell him that his word meant nothing and he was a sellout. Kane wasn't going to take that sitting down and sicced the others on Punk, who held the ring off as each tried to enter one at a time, only for Kane to fly into the ring from behind Punk and deliver a chokeslam to lay him out. The first physicality from the Director of Operations!
Did any of this - ANY of this make ANY sense?

I mean, I thought I was paying attention to this show, but two hours of JBL AND Miz on commentary may have had a numbing effect on my brains...



Chumpstain
Boudin rouge








Since: 21.1.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 41 min.
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.24
I forgot to mention Miz was on commentary! But I guess I was a little tuned out while watching myself.

I don't know that it was the most sensible main event scenario they've had, but I imagine they were scrambling to change things with Bryan's concussion and having to write him off the show. That might have bumped a mid-show Punk/Kane confrontation into the main event slot.
SchippeWreck
Banger








Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 26 min.
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.86
Uh, why are the Old Age Outlaws still around? This was their third post-Old School Raw appearance, with no real explanation for why they're taking up space. I realize they captured lightning in a bottle with Goldust's return, but these guys just feel so dated.



"It's magic! We don't need to explain it!"
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 26 min.
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.55
    Originally posted by SchippeWreck
    Uh, why are the Old Age Outlaws still around? This was their third post-Old School Raw appearance, with no real explanation for why they're taking up space. I realize they captured lightning in a bottle with Goldust's return, but these guys just feel so dated.


The assumption is that they're going to be the new Stooges. The difference, obviously, is that Patterson and Brisco never got to go over the tag team champions.

    Originally posted by CRZ
    Did any of this - ANY of this make ANY sense?

I think Justin's idea of Kane undoing The Authority from the inside is still in play and I wouldn't be shocked if Kane adding Punk to the Rumble match was actually him going rogue and Hunter doesn't have any idea it's happening.

But of course, since CM Punk can't help himself, he mouthed off to Kane one too many times and Kane just laid him out.




"Playing guitars. It's hard to sing while playing...guitars."
Thread rated: 7.90
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: WWE Raw #1077 1/13/14
Next thread: Impact 1-16-2014/Genesis Part I
Previous thread: WWE announces Ultimate Warrior as 2014's signature Hall of Fame inductee
(405 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
I'm curious which wrestling books out there get your approval? I've read both of Foley's books, but I can't decide which to buy next. Maybe Dynamite Kid's book? I'm also reluctant to buy any obviously ghost-written books.
- Kantspel, Best Wrestling Book? (2002)
Related threads: WWE Smackdown #751 1/10/14 - WWE Smackdown #749 1/3/14 - WWE Smackdown #749 12/27/13 - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - WWE Smackdown #752 1/17/14 Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.346 seconds.