It's two shows in a row now that Daniel Bryan has stood tall in the end over Randy Orton. That can't bode well for Sunday, can it?
In other news, Dolph Ziggler will challenge Dean Ambrose for the US Title at Night of Champions, so update your predictions accordingly. The Intercontinental Championship, however, is still not on the line.
Big Show received a Shield beatdown, AJ was attacked by her challengers, Alberto Del Rio beat Ricardo Rodriguez with the top rope reverse suplex (which means I can no longer call it "the move he can only do on Dolph Ziggler), and the Shield beat the Usos and Dolph Ziggler in a Teddy Long special six man tag that came from Shield-terference in the Ziggler/Ambrose singles match. Oh, and The Ryback had a backstage interview. He was the interviewer. Yeah.
Originally posted by ChumpstainIt's two shows in a row now that Daniel Bryan has stood tall in the end over Randy Orton.
Why are they burying Randy Orton?
If I were to proffer a guess for Sunday, an enraged Big Show will inadvertently get Daniel Bryan disqualified. But the Cody Rhodes storyline getting recapped in the Bryan/Orton hype package makes me wonder if Show and Cody won't both be running in to assist in a big triumph.
In other news, Dolph Ziggler will challenge Dean Ambrose for the US Title at Night of Champions, so update your predictions accordingly.
I was relieved to see I was wrong about Monday and Dolph isn't so far on the outs that he won't even be allowed to lose on PPV.
Heyman is great, so great that you wonder how they can ever end the Punk feud since you'd hate to take Paul off of TV. But when the time comes -- and his guaranteed demise has been so hammered home that it must not be happening yet, right? -- he can always sell a brutalizing and then return with Brock for Lesnar's next adventure.
Originally posted by dwatersA "did he just say that?" moment from JBL.
When Ziggler was doing his "ten elbows to the chest move" to Ambrose, JBL said, "thank God that's not Jerry Lawler".
Lawler just revealed on Austin's podcast that doctors think the reason for his heart attack last year was the multiple shots to the chest from Ziggler during the tag match he was in.
I think Lawler was the first one to make that joke, though. I don't remember if it was this week or last week, but I know I've heard him talk about being thankful that he's not on the receiving end of Ziggler's elbowdrops or else his heart might stop again.
When Lawler himself is willing to joke about it, that makes it easier for JBL to follow suit.
Originally posted by Matt TrackerRicardo's tornado DDT on Del Rio was PERFECT. Get this guy in the ring more often.
Ah, but at the start of his comeback, Ricardo's dropkick was horrid, it missed by a mile. Hell, it might have been a leg lariat, that's how bad it was, I'm not even sure what move it was meant to be. Gotta take the good with the bad?
What I find amazing is how they've taken one of the weak points of the Punk/Heyman angle (Axel's lack of credibility) and turned it into a strength. They're actually selling the PPV based on the premise "Curtis Axel isn't in CM Punk's league, so you're DEFINITELY going to see Paul Heyman get his ass kicked". That's kind of brilliant. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Axel got himself intentionally DQed and walked out on Paul for doubting him.
Great final promo from Bryan. Good to see Edge on Smackdown. Smackdown might be the Rock's show, but it's also kind of the house that Edge built.
AJ making the chauvinist announcers look like assholes is becoming a habit.
"Never piss off a hawk with a blowgun" - Conan O'Brien
LIVE NOTES FORM OTTAWA - THAT I SHOULD HAVE POSTED MUCH, MUCH EARLIER.
Went with my friends Matt (casual wrestling fan) and Alex (bit more than casual).
- My the-w.com sign did not make it to air. Neither did my STEVE BLACKMAN IS #BEST FOR BUSINESS sign.
- I'm adding extra space here to specifically mention and highlight this one thing; Bo Dallas' new gimmick is incredible. INCREDIBLE. He did a dark match promo saying how great it was to perform in front of all of us in Montreal, and did his TOTALLY INSECURE/OBLIVIOUS BABYFACE ACT. AGAINST TYSON KIDD.
Solid match, and I love Bo Dallas' gimmick. SO GOOD. Kidd won, whatever Bo Dallas is now awesome. He turned his X-Pac Heat into real heat. Bo Dallas is legit Rotunda, just like his brother.
- Cesaro vs Kofi. I cheered for Cesaro, tried to get a "giant swing" chant going. And.......HE DID IT. WATCH MAIN EVENT TO SEE IT. I popped for it.
- Alex pointed how that how many tagteams use dancing and music as their gimmick? Man has a point.
- Big Show is over, and the crowd was behind him.
- Did the camera show anyone with their feet up on the rail, half asleep during the "dance off"? If they did, I made it on TV! Seriously, the only things about this segment was good were;
1) I won't lie, I did the Khali dance. Don't judge me.
2) Miz and R-Truth did their Awesoem Truth airplane handshake thing.
- Divas match had a botched ending, they re-did it. Crowd was silent, so if you heard any noise it was canned.
- Ambrose and Ziggler was alright, but the crowd was pretty dead. Crowd was very much more behind Ziggler during the tag portion. I'll say this much; they should NOT have a full singles match then do the Teddy Long special (which I called mid-singles match) - makes things seem like forever, especially when they did an extended Ziggler/Ambrose segment during the tag match.
- I told Matt and Alex that Ricardo did lucha, is a trained wrestler, and how has to pretend that he doesn't know how to wrestle. They didn't believe me until the Tornado DDT, and were suitably impressed.
- I'm not lying, mid-promo I turned to Alex and said "Paul Heyman is the master. He has no equal". Alex nodded in agreement, as there is no rebuttal. He is the master, and the entire promo I sat in awe of his power. Paul Heyman needs to be seen live in order to understand how he can work a crowd. Alex and Matt got our section to start the Goodbye song, I did not join them.
- Edge was crazy over. CRAZY. OVER. By far a huge highlight. Bonus points were Alex and I trying to get the crowd to join Chimel with the RATED R SUUUUUUUUUUUUUP (voice crack) ERSTAR - EDGE. Everyone did supergreat this segment, and there's no canned heat; everyone was 100% loud (told you we'd bring it for this).
(edited by El Nastio on 15.9.13 0536) "You can't put a price on integrity"
As I recall, those pretty much useless pre-commercial vignettes were implemented to keep people from flipping to Nitro. Unless the show is so actively horrible now, few are gonna flip to anything else in mid-show.