The Quick and Dirty for WWE SmackDown 2.13.09 from Fresno, CA.
- The opening promo has Vickie and Edge come out to address the crowd. Edge busts out the numbers on the Elimination Chamber, before saying he's not competing tonight because he suffered a neck injury at the hands of the Undertaker last week. Vickie announces Edge will participate in the Chamber at NWO, and the crowd is REALLY on her case. Edge wants some respack, but Show is out to tell him to chillax. Show calls him "my long-haired weaselly friend," and makes a really bad pun on No Way Out. Edge calls him out on that. Edge says he thought he could trust Show since he took care of his wife and all. Awkward! Show promises that Edge will not leave NWO as Champion. They get into an argument, but Vickie shouts over them AND the crowd to announce tonight's main event: Show v Taker v HHH v Vlad Fatal Fourway. Fun opening promo.
Match 1: MVP over Chavo Guerrero via DQ by Shelton-ference in 3:28. Shelton wiped out MVP with the Paydirt for the blatant DQ. Chavo dropped a Frog Splash for good measure. The match was nice while it lasted. I wouldn't mind a triple threat between these three for the US title.
- Undertaker hypes the Elimination Chamber. It's really his cookie-cutter promo. Six will enter, five will rest in peace, yadda yadda.
- Backstage, The Bella Twins and the Colons discuss the mystery of the flowers before Miz and Morrison reveal themselves as the perpetrators. That leads to the stipulation that the Bellas will go out with the winner of their match tonight. One of the Bellas is less than pleased with this. Morrison calls them the "Colons" (like the grammatical colon ':') before Carlito corrects him, and that match is next...
Non-title: John Morrison and the Miz over The Colons when Morrison pinned Primo with the Moonlight Drive in 10:32. A great match. A long-term feud for title unification would rock.
- Jeff Hardy hits the ring for his thoughts. He also gets the ominous music and the video montage treatment. Jeff's all about moving on, but then claims that his memories of the Royal Rumble will be forever tarnished because of Matt. No challenge issued, though. I like this idea of the soap-style music, it helps with guys like Jeff and Matt, who need a little bit extra something to get the point across. Now if it was Jericho, or JBL, it would be just silly.
Match 3: R-Truth over Ezekiel Jackson via Rolling Cradle in 2:58. Your standard little guy beats big man fluke. I'm still not sold on R-Truth.
- Eve talks to Maria backstage. Maria says she's all about passion and heart. Eve wishes her luck for her match with Michelle tonight. Michelle McCool's Heel Hook is called the MDT - Make a Diva Tap. Make your own joke.
Match 4: Maria over Michelle McCool via rollup when Eve distracted McCool in 3:38. While not on the level of last week's match, this was still pretty good and got the job done. Michelle's legwork was pretty impressive.
- Backstage, Trips is with T-Grish. Apparently he talked about his new shirt, but that was shafted in my version. He did talk about how he has more Chamber experience than the rest of the field combined, and that he's gonna walk out of MWO world champion. Nice enough, if standard.
Four-Way: Vladimir Kozlov, The Undertaker, HHH, and Big Show fought to a no-contest in 12:48 via Sportz Entertainment Finish. It got real good towards the end, and it has me looking forward to the main event at NWO. Edge speared Big Show for the screwy finish and stood tall while everyone else was battered and bruised. Hey, what about Jeff?
- End show.
Wrestling Counter: 34 minutes.
** A great edition of SmackDown, doing a good job of pushing the PPV on Sunday. You'll notice that SmackDown go-home shows are their best shows in any given month. In this case, the great opening promo and the main event did well to push the only SmackDown match at NWO (though it'll likely be the main event); while all the current storylines were continues, and we got a fantastic tag match in the process. Not much more to ask for, I'm afraid. Good stuff all around.
(edited by used2bcool on 14.2.09 2329) Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
Maybe so, but I'd rather someone who might be overacting but atleast seems comfortable in her own skin and not too nervous compared to some of the girls out there that seem to be a deer in a headlight look on there face whenever the TV lights are on.