Ok, i was looking through the December 2003 issue of WWE Magazine (available at your local newstands!) and i coulnd't help it but to put down this over flawed list, here it goes:
20: The Informer (WWE Magazine investigative reporter; International man of mystery) -Ok, this guy is considered powerful? this kayfabe is going way too far, but this is only the beginning...
19. Howard Finkel (Raw ring announcer, longest tenured WWE employee) -an alright choice, but they made the fink look like a joke over the past several years.
18. Jim Cornette (Ohio Valley Wrestling Matchmaker) -nice choice, he does guide the careers of those up and comers
17. John Cena (Self-proclaimed Smackdown! veteran; ill lyricist; hip hop trend setter) -Maybe in a couple years Cena will be revolutionary, but now, i don't think he has any real carrying pull, or isn't as powerful as say, Chris Benoit, who isn't even on the list.
16. Mick Foley (Three time WWE Champion; Former WWE Commissioner; best selling author) -Why isn't he higher on this stupid list?
15. Torrie Wilson (Smackdown! diva; playboy cover girl) -good god, this list is eating raw ass now, and she's higher than mick?
14. Sable (Smackdown! diva; Mr. McMahon's Confidante) -see torrie; always on your knees does indeed make you powerful...
13. Theodore R. Long (Manager, equal rights activist) -bee lee dat
11. Chris Jericho (First ever WWE Undisputed Champion; host, Chris Jericho's highlight reel) -sad that he's not really doing anything after that glorious (flat) run from 2 years ago
10. Eric Bishoff (co-General manager, raw) -darn that frosty stone cold!
9. Brock Lesnar (two time WWE Champion; NCAA Champion) -he is very powerful, but where's the big slug? where's paul heyman?
8. Jim Ross (Play-by-play announcer, raw; Senior v.p. of tanlent relations, wwe; best-selling author) -best selling author? how many of those damn cookbooks did he sell?
7. Kurt Angle (four-time WWE Champion; olympic gold medalist) -it's true, it's true
6. The Rock (seven-time WWE Champion; movie star) -The rock, although i like seeing him, he doesn't matter to the wwe anymore
5. Goldberg (human wrecking ball) -what the hell, human wrecking ball?
4. Undertaker (four time WWE Champion; locker room leader) -understandable
3. Evolution (Ric Flair, Triple H, and Randy Orton) (the past, present, and future of the business) - correctly it would read 3. Flair 2. Triple...Orton 1. Triple H!!!
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin (co general manager, raw; six time WWE Champion - i am getting so sick of austin, but he is one of the most infuential forces in wrestling...in 1998!
1. The McMahons (first family of WWE) -i don't have anything to say about this, but...they're taking over raw and smackdown! now they're taking vaubale space from people who deserve it in WWE Magazine!!!
Who writes this garbage? this list sucks...anyways, thank you for wasting your time as i have, later.
Even in kayfabe world Sable and Torrie, 14 & 15. Give me a break! Deciding to go naked in a magazine equals powerful women in WWE (unless your Stephanie)... Sable came from a different era and now in 2003 she looks prehistoric. And Torrie? Congrats in being chosen for Playboy after two or three other divas turned it down.
To paraphrase one of Christian's old catchphrases "Hello Diva of the Decade, right here!". If Trish isn't more important then freakin Torrie or Sable, don't know what to think of this company... I would have liked to see Ivory on this list more then the girls who made it. She could have gone in cause of her seniority and lockerroom experience and leadership. Actually for me any woman in the company from ToughEnough Jess and make up woman Jenn would be better choices then Torrie and Sable.
I could see John Cena in the list. He's like the first round draft pick. A total bluechipper that is really important to the company.
I wanted to post about the mazazine but I looked over the list first. Thought to myself a minute and said, "This is a JOKE the Winerboard would tear this to bits." Apparently somebody else to the waist of time type the garbarge on here. Thank you because I wasn't going to waist my time. As some of you said, "Who writes this stuff?!?" I don't know but I sure do know it was a pointless waist.
As Eric Bishoff asks if he's ok I get this message ------------
ssjaj23: Goldberg: What's wrong? I can't sell, I'm sloppy in the ring. I don't like being heel. I have no ring phycology
If it happens, I don't think the "open letter" trend will stop until we get the open letter to Howard Finkel for only donating that golden voice of his at important WWE events rather than being humble enough to let Garcia be the ring announc...