So, I often peruse the archives of this site; and one thing I've realized as a veteran of this board from the day it was opened to the public is that we sure posted an awful lot during the first 3 years of the board's existence.
Perhaps this is a question better directed at the admins, but what happened that turned down the volume?
- The board is mostly still made up of people who registered in 2002. We're just older and less fanatical.
- John Cena winning the World Title caused the traffic to move on. The-W were hip to hating on Cena before it was hip to hate on Cena.
- The admins started cracking down on the knuckleheads with such force that even Troll Amnesty couldn't bring back threads dominated by BobHollyStillRules and WhoBetterThanDeion. Quality now dominates quantity.
- tomvejada stopped posting. (though, we have lotjx!)
- This, despite attempts to be otherwise, has always been identified as a wrestling board first (albeit a "sensible" one in contrast to the rest) - and as wrestling's popularity has dwindled and been moved in a PG direction, we no longer have the 20, 30, and 40 year olds on board that we used to.
- CRZ stopped recapping, and as a result traffic was no longer directed from his work to this spot.
Same here. I rarely watch wrestling anymore, and don't have a lot of current interest in politics. I just don't have too much to offer, I think. At least not anymore. Losing people like, say Grimis, hurts the board. Though many didn't like him, he caused a lot of traffic.
We'll be back right after order has been restored here in the Omni Center.
That the universe was formed by a fortuitous concourse of atoms, I will no more believe than that the accidental jumbling of the alphabet would fall into a most ingenious treatise of philosophy - Swift
Our TRAFFIC has been pretty steady ever since we opened - you can go back and see that every million pageviews comes around the same range of days.
Granted, a much larger piece of the pageview pie comes from web crawlers and people searching for tits than back in the day, when it was almost all registered folks (with just a smattering of lurkers) registering the views.
Our POSTRATE has gone way down, which is probably what you're talking about....but for the most part I don't mind that at all. We used to host a lot of unreadable crap. Today, we host much less crap. (Well...a little less.)
Is there any way you guys can do up a links page for the various places you are affiliates of? I purchase a fair amount of things online, and wouldn't mind going through a link you guys get money from to make some of these purchases.