So, I often peruse the archives of this site; and one thing I've realized as a veteran of this board from the day it was opened to the public is that we sure posted an awful lot during the first 3 years of the board's existence.
Perhaps this is a question better directed at the admins, but what happened that turned down the volume?
- The board is mostly still made up of people who registered in 2002. We're just older and less fanatical.
- John Cena winning the World Title caused the traffic to move on. The-W were hip to hating on Cena before it was hip to hate on Cena.
- The admins started cracking down on the knuckleheads with such force that even Troll Amnesty couldn't bring back threads dominated by BobHollyStillRules and WhoBetterThanDeion. Quality now dominates quantity.
- tomvejada stopped posting. (though, we have lotjx!)
- This, despite attempts to be otherwise, has always been identified as a wrestling board first (albeit a "sensible" one in contrast to the rest) - and as wrestling's popularity has dwindled and been moved in a PG direction, we no longer have the 20, 30, and 40 year olds on board that we used to.
- CRZ stopped recapping, and as a result traffic was no longer directed from his work to this spot.
Same here. I rarely watch wrestling anymore, and don't have a lot of current interest in politics. I just don't have too much to offer, I think. At least not anymore. Losing people like, say Grimis, hurts the board. Though many didn't like him, he caused a lot of traffic.
We'll be back right after order has been restored here in the Omni Center.
That the universe was formed by a fortuitous concourse of atoms, I will no more believe than that the accidental jumbling of the alphabet would fall into a most ingenious treatise of philosophy - Swift
Our TRAFFIC has been pretty steady ever since we opened - you can go back and see that every million pageviews comes around the same range of days.
Granted, a much larger piece of the pageview pie comes from web crawlers and people searching for tits than back in the day, when it was almost all registered folks (with just a smattering of lurkers) registering the views.
Our POSTRATE has gone way down, which is probably what you're talking about....but for the most part I don't mind that at all. We used to host a lot of unreadable crap. Today, we host much less crap. (Well...a little less.)
True ... but that still doesn't explain the origins of the new forum's name. It explains it better than you might realize. The only thing I enjoy more than doing the crossword puzzle is actually finishing it.