I think someone mentioned Zero, but that was the last board game I bought for the family. You basically have to give the least obvious answer to a list-type question to get the points. So if the question is about the seven dwarfs in Snow White, you list Sneezy or Dopey. It proved to be tons of fun; even my 84 year old grandmother had fun with it.
"Put on your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!" "It was nice of you to give that dead woman another chance." "All right, look alive everybody...oh sorry Susan."- MST3K: Space Mutiny Click Here (facebook.com)
Out of what's pictured, my favorites have to be TRAINS, which to me is the perfect blend of Dominion (little player interaction) and Arctic Scavengers (heavy player interaction). XenoShyft was a sleeper hit for me; backed it randomly on Kickstarter, played it two months after I got it and holy carp is it ever amazing.
RPG-wise, my love of Traveller is evident. I'll be picking up Numenera for Christmas probably.
I really, really need someone to play Forge War with, but I know no eurogamers.
Upcoming titles I backed on Kickstarter:
- THUNDERBIRDS (yes, INTERNATIONAL RESCUE), a coop title designed by Matt Leacock (creator of Pandemic). Should be January.
- BATTALIA: The Creation also likely coming in Janurary. It is area control, with deckbuilding(!) and MINIS(!!!!).
- Epic PVP, some weird card game should be coming in the next couple of weeks.
- Darkrock Ventures, a worker placement game IN SPACE. No idea when it's coming out.
- Gloomhaven is going to get shipped well into 2016, but the designer (Isaac Childress) is one of my favorites - and is also a standup guy.
Oh, Click Here (fantasyflightgames.com) to see a little something I pre-ordered awhile ago. Q1 NEXT YEAR.
(edited by El Nastio on 2.12.15 0833) "You can't put a price on integrity"
People who say decimate. Please if you don't know what the word means don't use it (JR I am looking at you). Chillax is a new word that I first heard on Family Guy (I thought it was a joke) but I actually heard on the radio.