- The cruiserweights to be given their chance in the Battle Royal - and Paul London be given a chance to build himself up as a possible winner in a huge upset, but be beaten at the end by Chavo.
- Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff be on the same screen at the same time.
- A best-of-five/seven series between the Raw and SmackDown! brands:
Personal choices for those matches would be:
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (the final/decider match)
Kane vs. Undertaker
Flair/Batista vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge
Booker T, Matt Hardy, The Dudley Boyz, Mark Henry & Eric Bischoff vs. Rikishi, Rhyno, Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw, A-Train, & Paul Heyman (lump all the shit into one match and hope that the superior guys can make something out of it)
- Other matches on the card (if I were booker):
WWE Championship: Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Chris Benoit
WWE US Championship: The Big Show vs. John Cena
The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton
Chris Jericho vs. Christian
Cruiserweight Battle Royal
Also, you could have Eric Bischoff try to steal away the Cruiserweight title and roster by sending in The Hurricane and/or Matt Hardy, and Paul Heyman reply by having Shaniqua challenge for the Women's title in the hope of getting more Divas onto SmackDown!
Other little additions:
- Appearances by the likes of personal favourites (and hopefully Hall Of Fame inductees) such as Ted DiBiase, Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana, Dynamite Kid (who is acknowledged during the Benoit-HBK match), Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and (of course) Bret Hart.
- A little experiment that I think would totally work would be for the whole show to be presented in film quality picture - like the MTV Video Awards, just to make WM seem just that more important and historic. It always looks right in the music videos when they give it that look, so I say make the whole thing a widescreen experience. Didn't Vince say in 'Beyond The Mat' - "We make movies"?
What other little things would make the show that bit special for everyone else?
(edited by Nardo on 4.2.04 1909) "Hardy Boys, Boyz with a Z. Is that Z supposed to scare us or something?" -Christian
All I want to see at the Biggest PPV of the year is a good storyline brought to big climax. I don't want to see a card full of matches that only lead to rematches, or simply continue the same old storylines.
And I'm not saying every match needs to be a climax, but the big ones should be. Michaels/HHH/Benoit would should settle the Michaels/HHH forever, for instance. Or something much simplier as, Jericho defeats Christian and we get a long awaited lip-lock between Jericho and Trish in the middle of the ring with 20,000 people cheering.
Mania is about moments. Give me a memorable moment, that's all I ask.
Originally posted by themakerAnd I'm not saying every match needs to be a climax, but the big ones should be. Michaels/HHH/Benoit would should settle the Michaels/HHH forever, for instance. Or something much simplier as, Jericho defeats Christian and we get a long awaited lip-lock between Jericho and Trish in the middle of the ring with 20,000 people cheering.
Mania is about moments. Give me a memorable moment, that's all I ask.
I agree with your overall point. WMXX should not be focused arount introducing new storylines, but rather closing old ones. That said, HHH/HBK should resolve itself 3 weeks ago and they should start developing HHH-Benoit (like they have been doing) for it to culminate at WM.
Cruiserweight Battle Royal Suprise entry maybe Malenko? A face has to win and the match has to last at least 10-15 mins for some good action
Eric Bischoff vs. Paul Heyman Another quick backstage brawl leading to WCW vs. ECW Scott Steiner and Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam and Rhyno What a match with WCW as heels. Should be pre-booked before the night though.
Chris Jericho vs. Christian Jericho fights for Trish's honour at ringside. Then Trish knocks Jericho and Christian picks up a quick win with the tights. Trish apologises, Jericho accepts. Then WHACK Trish slaps Jericho and Christian hits a finisher. Trish never wanted Jericho, she wanted Christian!
The Rock and Mick Foley vs. Evolution - 2 on 3 Elimination Batista pinned. Rock pinned. Flair pinned. It helps carry Orton vs. Foley. Orton goes over clean without any help ala Armageddon 03 to beat Foley. Face turn tease with respect shown to Foley.
The Undertaker vs. Kane Taker dominates then the flames go off and out comes Paul Bearer, Taker's distracted and turns round - CHOKESLAM FROM HELL. 1,2,3 Undertaker's mania wins end at 11-1
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg GOLDBERG wins in an unexpected twist and resigns
Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero - WWE Championship Eddie has to retain cleanly to build him up as a strong main eventer but I have a feel Kurt will win the title if it is a title match.
Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels - World Championship Elimination match with Benoit beating both men and then the Wrestlemania closing speech. I am the best. I beat the best ect. THEN HOGAN'S MUSIC. You think u beat the best? Improptu match with Benoit retained tho. Only has to be 10 minutes
See all the major players in 8/9 matches with the impromptu hogan-benoit.
Just Add: The Big Show vs. John Cena - Cena wins clean The Dudley Boyz vs. Val Venis and Lance Storm vs. Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade vs. World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs. The APA - Duds must win Add Hurricane, Matt Hardy and Spike to the battle royal Then a token Womens Championship match with all Divas plus a suprise - Debra?Chyna?Francine?
First, some setup. (None given where matches seem obvious)
RAW- WHC: Benoit VS HHH-HHH and HBK finally have a match where the must be a winner. Evolution helps HHH retain, but Benoit, Rock, and Foley save HBK from any further beating. Now it's just Benoit VS HHH for the title, the way the ME at THE BIGGEST SHOW EVAH should be.
IC Title: Chris Jericho VS Christian- Foley costs Orton the title, and Christian's increasing jealousy causes him to finally turn on Jericho, and demand this match. In the mean time, Christian befriends WWE Womens champ Molly Holly, which segues into...
WWE Womens Championship: Molly Holly VS Trish Stratus
Six Man Tag: Rock N' Sock/HBK VS Evolution-If WWE is bound and determined to make this a tag match, might as well make it a six-man to limit Batista's involvment, and give HBK something to do after losing out on the WHC match.
Undertaker VS Kane
Smackdown-WWE Championship: Eddie Guerrero VS Kurt Angle-It looks like they're leaning this way, and I can't argue with that.
Brock Lesnar VS Goldberg
WWE United States Championship: Big Show VS John Cena
WWE Tag Team Championship Ladder Match: Scotty and Rikishi VS The Bashams VS TWGTT-MSG and WM need a ladder match, so might as well throw in the champs and two contenders, plus watching Rikishi trying to climb a ladder might be worth it for comedy's sake alone.
WWE Cruiserweight Championship Battle Royale: Rey Mysterio VS Chavo Guerrero VS Paul London VS Billy Kidman VS Ultimo Dragon VS Jamie Noble VS Tajiri VS Akio VS Sakoda VS Shannon Moore - I think you need to vacate the title for this to work, plus throwing in Tajiri and his henchmen give them an angle for the first time since they showed up.
Also, a WWE Hall of Fame ceremony.
Okay, with that out of the way, here's how I book the actual show:
1. Chavo Guerrero wins Cruiserweight Battle Royale- Chavo is going to be Marty Janetty v2.0 if they don't find something for him. Here's how I lay out the match:
1st Elimination: Chavo Guerrero pins Shannon Moore-Need the new champ to get more than one pin here, plus Moore is pretty expendable.
2nd Elimination: Tajiri pins Akio/Sakoda-Up to this point, the henchmen try to help Tajiri, but they start getting title aspirations, forcing Tajiri to pin one of them.
3rd Elimination: Akio/Sakoda pins Tajiri-The other henchman, pissed by Tajiri's betrayal, attacks him, and scores the pin.
4th Elimination: Rey Mysterio pins Akio/Sakoda-Tajiri' furious at his elimination, blow mist into his now former friends eyes, making them easy prey for the biggest star in the match.
5th Elimination: Mysterio pins Kidman-After the former tag team do some double-team moves, Kidman goes for the cheap roll-up pin, which Mysterio counters into one of his own.
6th Elimination: Jamie Noble pins Paul London-London doesn't mean much, and Noble needs something after becoming Nidia's bitch. Also, around this time, Chavo suffers an "injury".
7th Elimination: Ultimo Dragon pins Noble No real reason, other than it's been made clear that Ultimo's dream has always been to work MSG, and even though he has already, it would just be nice to give him a pin here.
8th Elimination: Mysterio pins Dragon-With Chavo still faking an injury, the two put on a clinic, but Mysterio hits one of his finishers and gets the pin.
Final Elimination: Chavo pins Mysterio-Mysterio dominates the final fall, but Chavo "recovers" just in time to cheat and win the title.
2.WWE Womens Championship: Molly Holly retains over Trish Stratus-Molly wins w/help from Christian, to set up the finish of the I-C title match.
3.Brock Lesnar def. Goldberg-Have to stick this low, because it'll probably suck. Don't care if Brock cheats or wins clean, but get Goldberg out of there pronto.
4. TWGTT def. Scotty/Rikishi and The Bashams to regain the tag titles.-Need to have TWGTT w/the belts, plus it would be appropriate to have them win in a ladder match, since it's the same way they lost them. Also have to stick this relatively low, as match quality isn't a given.
5. WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho retains over Christian-Trish prevents Molly from interfering, and Y2J gets the tap-out win, then the happy couple get lovey-dovey to end it. I know some will be upset about putting Jericho back w/ the I-C title, but it'll help the belt, plus give Chris some built-in angles following WM.
6. WWE United States Championship: John Cena def. Big Show to win the title.-Cena shockingly kicks out of a chokeslam, then hits the F-U in short order.
7. Undertaker def. Kane-You can hate UT all you want, but they've run with his WM streak too long to piss it away. Kane can always get his win at Backlash.
8. WWE Championship: Eddie Guerrero def. Kurt Angle-Eddie lies, cheats, and steals his way out of becoming a transitional champ. Putting this here because I don't think think it'll have the heat of the six-man, I need Orton in the ring at this slot, plus I'll need to keep the crowd awake after almost 4 hours of matches and other activities.
9. Rock N' Sock/HBK def. Evolution-Foley pins Orton to show him who the "bitch" is. Orton stays in the ring after Flair and Batista jaw with him about losing the match.
The WWE "Hall of Fame" Ceremony:-Orton sticks around and watches the ceremony, then tries to attack the legends, only to be locked in the sharpshooter by Bret Hart.
10. World Heavyweight Champinship: Chris Benoit def. HHH-No two ways about it, the babyface HAS to go over here. They could even have all of the faces rush the ring and celebrate as HHH looks back in disgust. Benoit tearfully celebrates as the show closes, and HHH goes on to be punked out by Orton, who is trying to save face after his bad night.
You think WWE now is bad? Some of us had to live through 1993-1996!
I deffinently like the fantasy booking done here by K.O.C. The only point I think you are missing is that there is no way WWE doesn't stick the Goldberg match so low in the card. A match up of two piles of man such as these two, not to mention the drawing ability, the match will concievably be the 2nd or 3rd to last match.
The only thing I truly want to see, if they're going to be bringing in various legends, is some verbal sparring between John Cena and the man who paved the way for his current gimmick. No, not K-Kwik. No, not Mabel, Mo or.. uh, whoever the other one was. No, not PN News. (Sure as hell not PN News.) The man, the myth, the genius.... Lanny Poffo!
Originally posted by Nardo-A little experiment that I think would totally work would be for the whole show to be presented in film quality picture - like the MTV Video Awards, just to make WM seem just that more important and historic. It always looks right in the music videos when they give it that look, so I say make the whole thing a widescreen experience.
No, No, and HELL NO!
I HATE that MTV does their award shows thatway, it seems unnatural. It also puts a strein on my eyes. Seeing a WWE even in film quality and widescreen would hurt the product, IMO. The quick camera cuts, double features, and backstage segments would look terrible. Keep it as it is, no need to fancy it up.
Okay, with Takeover this weekend, we're back to Business as Usual here. This wound up being a decent enough go-home show, but kind of as with Survivor Series, the build hasn't been as consistent as you might like.