Originally posted by USAToday.comVan Halen sues Baltimore Orioles
BALTIMORE (AP) — A breach-of-contract lawsuit brought by Van Halen against the Baltimore Orioles seeking at least $2 million from a failed concert deal will go to trial, a lawyer for the rock band said.
Van Halen, in a lawsuit, alleges that the team backed out of a contract for what would have been the first-ever concert inside Camden Yards.
U.S. District Judge William Matthew Byrne Jr. last week denied the Orioles' motion for summary judgment, and a trial in District Court in Los Angeles is "imminent," according to Howard King, who represents Van Halen.
A trial was to have begun this month, King said Wednesday, but the judge became ill. A hearing on the Orioles' request for summary judgment was held in July, King said, and Byrne handed down the denial on Aug. 4.
The band contends in the lawsuit filed in August 2004 that the baseball team sought to have it perform the first-ever concert inside Camden Yards and then backed out of the deal.
Didn't know if to put this in music or baseball. It would have been sweet to see VH at Camden. Too bad it didn't come to be. I have never really seen a concert at a baseball stadium before. I wonder The O's pulled out.
(edited by y4j1981 on 13.8.05 1351) "I shall finish the game"
I hope they didn't just do this trade based on the worst possible outcome. I don't think Monetro will be a bad player, but when you have a pitcher that is young, cheap and with sky's the limit potential. You really have the ultimate trade chip.