The W
Views: 104584525
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
22.5.15 1412
The W - Current Events & Politics - U.S. Must Change Online Gambling Law
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.68
Pages: 1
(480 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (1 total)
Leroy
Boudin blanc








Since: 7.2.02

Since last post: 5 hours
Last activity: 5 hours
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.68
According to the WTO ruling... so who knows how far this will go. But it's an interesting development:

US rolls the dice at the WTO and loses; must change online gambling laws (Ars Technica)



    The tiny Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda has just won a World Trade Organization (WTO) ruling against the US regarding online gambling. The WTO has ruled that the US "has failed to comply with the recommendations and rulings" of past WTO decisions, opening the way for possible trade penalties against the US.



As I understand it, this could potentially mean that U.S. will have no recourse should Antigua and Barbuda decide to ignore certain U.S. trade and rights agreements - so there would be little recourse for U.S. patent holders should these countries decide to start selling bootlegged copies of Windows Vista or music/movies.





"Oh my God! They have a shit-load of Cockapoo stuff!"
-Jennifer's greatest quote... ever.
Promote this thread!
Thread rated: 5.68
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Everyone's calling for Don Imus' head on a platter
Next thread: O'Reilly vs Geraldo
Previous thread: Circuit City to lay off 3400 employees
(480 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Wow....I really can't believe these people...I guess I can, but how arrogant are these guys? Well, I guess that 52 percent doesn't really count when the other 47/48 percent is sooo much smarter and better people than everyone in the majority. How sad.
- BigSteve, Thanks for speaking for us! (2004)
The W - Current Events & Politics - U.S. Must Change Online Gambling LawRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2015 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.099 seconds.