The W
Views: 99872903
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
21.10.14 0214
The W - Pro Wrestling - TNA re-signs major talent
This thread has 11 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 3.79
Pages: 1
(4659 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (11 total)
chill
Landjager








Since: 18.5.02

Since last post: 2685 days
Last activity: 2685 days
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.03
Wade Keller just reported in his latest Torch VIP audio update that Samoa Joe and TNA have agreed to a multi-year deal through 2009.




Take the plunge. Step into liquid.
dvd shelf // game shelf // top 20 // laird // tv guide //

Promote this thread!
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.24
He's gonna need to buy a lot more towels.



"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker

My blog will amuse. (heygregory.blogspot.com)
The Vile1
Lap cheong








Since: 4.9.02
From: California

Since last post: 2010 days
Last activity: 1742 days
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.19
Well at least TNA is smart enough to lock up Joe to a long-term contract. They need him because he is the type of guy you want to build the company around, just like AJ Styles and Daniels. Plus guys like AJ and Joe are still pretty young for their age.

Sooner or later I want to see Joe going after the world title. I mean they couldn't have signed up for 3 years and not put him up against guys like Abyss, Rhino, etc.
Dexley's Midnight Jogger
Pepperoni
Moderator








Since: 10.10.02
From: New Hampshire

Since last post: 260 days
Last activity: 174 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.91
    Originally posted by The Vile1
    Sooner or later I want to see Joe going after the world title.


That's what I was thinking. I have only seen a couple of TNA matches, but his are a lot more exciting than those of Jeff Jarrett. Any word on what kind of deal A.J. Styles has? Those are really the two guys I look at when I do see TNA.
canis582
Mettwurst








Since: 5.1.04
From: Reading, Pa

Since last post: 2530 days
Last activity: 2205 days
AIM:  
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.29
I don't think the E is interested in Joe anyway. The only reason Vince would bring him in would be for embarrassment purposes. Joe Vs Mizark in the popcorn match.

Is he even getting 1k per show? He does draw the crowd, but there are other 'stars' that probobly still make more: like Jarrett, Christian, AJ, Rhyno. Not saying they deserve it.



I just remembered that im absent minded
wait i mean i lost my mind, i cant find it.
The Vile1
Lap cheong








Since: 4.9.02
From: California

Since last post: 2010 days
Last activity: 1742 days
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.19
    Originally posted by Dexley's Midnight Jogger
    That's what I was thinking. I have only seen a couple of TNA matches, but his are a lot more exciting than those of Jeff Jarrett. Any word on what kind of deal A.J. Styles has? Those are really the two guys I look at when I do see TNA.


Well in 2005 there were reports about TNA signing both AJ and Daniels to long term, 3 year deal contracts. And at the time AJ and Daniels were their top dogs, as world champion and X Division champion.

That said, I'm growing a little annoyed with how TNA is sucking the teat of the Joe/AJ/Daniels triangle feud dry. They are going overkill with it. What with the Unbreakable rematch this month, next month another rematch with Ultimate X, then again in the cage at Lockdown according to rumors.

The X division is being controlled by 3 people really and no one else. And its not really fair. I'd like to see Joe face some fresh opponents on PPV and actually defend the title on Impact.
TheGreekPhysique
Bauerwurst








Since: 13.2.04
From: Brooklyn, NY

Since last post: 3053 days
Last activity: 2479 days
AIM:  
#7 Posted on
Personally, I don't know what they are going to do to end this feud and move Joe forward. He shouldn't lose, but maybe in a three-way. He could put someone over but it doesn't need to be either of those two cats.

Tough call all the way around. Especially since there are no clear faces or heels here either ('cept AJ)

If Christopher Daniels could get moved up at some point to wrestle Christian, I'd be down for that.

They are definitely in a pickle, but at least it is a good spot to be in.



Johnny O's Tape Collection


The Shooting Star Press




sentonBOMB
Frankfurter








Since: 25.11.02
From: Jersey

Since last post: 1971 days
Last activity: 672 days
#8 Posted on
    Originally posted by TheGreekPhysique
    Personally, I don't know what they are going to do to end this feud and move Joe forward. He shouldn't lose, but maybe in a three-way. He could put someone over but it doesn't need to be either of those two cats.

    Tough call all the way around. Especially since there are no clear faces or heels here either ('cept AJ)

    If Christopher Daniels could get moved up at some point to wrestle Christian, I'd be down for that.

    They are definitely in a pickle, but at least it is a good spot to be in.


The problem with Daniels in that role is that he's kind of a scrawny little dude. I mean Rey Mysterio is short too, but he is kind of bulky and tough-looking. Daniels is neither. I can't see him rising much above X-Division level.
Tenken347
Boudin blanc








Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.59
I think the best way to move Joe forward, and I think they're headed this way, is just to keep doing what they're doing. Joe keeps on his undefeated streak, and takes it all the way to a title vs. title match with the world champ (probably Christian). Then, they can either have him take his first loss against the champ, which won't hurt him, or he can win the world title and be forced to vacate the X belt.
Hobbes
Cotechino








Since: 10.12.01
From: Kelowna

Since last post: 85 days
Last activity: 41 days
#10 Posted on
    Originally posted by canis582
    I don't think the E is interested in Joe anyway. The only reason Vince would bring him in would be for embarrassment purposes. Joe Vs Mizark in the popcorn match.


There was a rumor awhile ago that John Laurenaitis was interested in bringing Joe in to be the big bad Samoan heel that Rikishi wasn't. Joe also invited a WWE writer to a recent ROH show, so I figure he could probably get a really crappy low end WWE contract or a development deal if he wanted. The problem is that WWE always likes to tear down outside talent before building them back up again in their image and with Joe being the most hyped young wrestler outside the WWE in years, it's likely that there'd be a lot of people backstage picking his work apart like what's recently happened to CM Punk.
TheMikeSays
Bauerwurst








Since: 30.10.04
From: Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Since last post: 3052 days
Last activity: 2799 days
AIM:  
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.85

    The problem with Daniels in that role is that he's kind of a scrawny little dude. I mean Rey Mysterio is short too, but he is kind of bulky and tough-looking. Daniels is neither. I can't see him rising much above X-Division level.

Well if the criteria is TALENT, then he's been long overdue for a World title program.

    Originally posted by Tenken347
    I think the best way to move Joe forward, and I think they're headed this way, is just to keep doing what they're doing. Joe keeps on his undefeated streak, and takes it all the way to a title vs. title match with the world champ (probably Christian). Then, they can either have him take his first loss against the champ, which won't hurt him, or he can win the world title and be forced to vacate the X belt.

I'd say the same thing if the ONLY likely version of that program wasn't him getting his first loss versus Jeff Jarrett.



YAPPAPI STRAPPATION, BROTHER!!!
Thread rated: 3.79
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Warrior vs Goldberg?
Next thread: Smackdown WM22 main event "official"
Previous thread: Another Tag Team Gone
(4659 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Never saw a similarity untill it was mentioned, but I could see where Idol and Edge could be mixed up like that. I've only ever seen him in heel-mode here in OVW, but I don't see their styles being that similar (at least, anymore).
- Snookum, Lottery and OVW (2004)
Related threads: TNA to get Thursday night primetime? - Future TNA Releases....WTF?? - Matt Morgan to work for TNA - and if he does its a disaster - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - TNA re-signs major talentRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.367 seconds.