The center of this week's episode was a look into the origin of Rosemary. Poor cat. Trees that talk. Brothers that don't exist. Magic. Montgomery! Vision of Love. Johnny? (Johnny...Havoc?)
Bram, why would you ever go out to an abandoned farm in the middle of the countryside with Rosemary. Batista needs to teach you about genre savvy.
Bram might be off his rocker, but even he plays the straightman in the thematic world of Deletion.
I do love how the TNA Multiverse so frequently uses rural America as a set piece. Its an aesthetic that is not highlighted in the media anymore, so it looks fresh. Funny how these old-school American segments are occurring regularly now that they're no longer on a channel called "Destination America".
Of course, there was a wrestling show this week as well.
The show began with an argument between Broken Matt/Reby, Brother Nero (who has faded away and classified himself as obsolete: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzxyvY3gHIg ) and Ethan Carter III. EC3 was originally having none of the Broken One's shenanigans, but Matt threw Ethan into anger by following this week's theme and promising harm to Ethan's social media loving cats, Skunk and Clover.
1. Ethan Carter III defeated Broken Matt Hardy (w/ Reby Sky and an Obsolete Mule) in a Bound For Glory Playoffs Semifinal match when the Obsolete Mule threw a weapon into the ring. The Mule failed to get the weapon into the hands of his master, thus providing an opening for Ethan to clobber Matt with his shoe. (Matt had taken Ethan's shoe off earlier to attack his foot.)
2. Gail Kim defeated Madison Rayne, thus ending Rayne's brief return to relevancy. Gail continues her quest to run the Knockouts gauntlet to get a title-shot against Sienna. Angelina Love's record for Knockouts Title reigns was mentioned, making me wonder if she's done with being pregnant yet.
3. MOOSE (w/ Mike Bennett, and a catchy arm pumping gesture) defeated local talent David Starr
Afterwards the unified World and X divisions champion Bobby Lashley chased off MOOSE and Bennett. Lashley announced that two titles weren't enough. He wants all of the gold. (Angle 2007 is not a bad gimmick to go for. Lashley could certainly pull it off.)
This draws out DJ Z, Zema Ion. Ion became the X-#1 contender at Destination X, and is willing to face down Lashley. Bobby lets Ion pick the type of match.
4. X-Division Championship: Ladder match: "The Destroyer" Bobby Lashley defeated Zema Ion. Lashley performed several feats of strength. He picked up the ladder while Ion was climbing it, and later climbed up the ladder to gorrila press Ion.
Next, the King of the Mountain (aka Legends, Global, TV) champion Eli Drake hosted his Fact of Life show. As a champion Drake was enraged by Lashley's quest to collect titles like a game of Pokemon Go (drawing "pokemon" chants from the crowd), and wants to fight Lashley for the title. Instead, James Storm came out to challenge the Namer of Dummies (yeah) for the KOTM title. Storm figures that as long as Lashley wants all of the gold, he could parlay winning the KOTM title into a shot at Lashley's title(s).
For the record, the KOTM/Legends title did not yet exist when Angle briefly held all of the titles in the world in 2007.
Promo for Tyrus: The Fixer aired.
Tyrus doesn't want to help Grado and Mahabali Shera fight Al Snow's Tribunal unless there's money involved.
5. TNA Tag Team Championship: Monsters' Ball: Decay (Abyss and Crazzy Steve, w/out Rosemary) (c) defeated the Bro-Mans (Jessie Godderz and Robbie E., w/"the Guru" Raquel). The nefarious Raquel could not get her boys the win. It was the Monsters' turf.
6. TNA Bound for Glory Playoffs Semifinal: "The Miracle" Mike Bennett (w/ MOOSE) defeated "Detective" Drew Galloway when Ethan "accidentally" hit Drew with a kendo stick. Before the match Galloway had told Ethan to stay away, since whenever Ethan tries to help, it always seems to end up resulting in an "accident" hurting Galloway.
Fantastic show this week. The X-division and Tag title matches were great, Facts of Life felt relevant, and the Rosemary segments were almost Deletion quality. Ethan taking a shortcut to victory was a nice reminder of his heelish magnificence that turned him into the #1 babyface. Lashley v. the World provides a strong wrestling center for the show.
You can download old ECW TV and ECW on TNN episodes off edonkey (a file sharing program), just thought I'd let everybody know since it's the first program that I've seen that has full length wrestling stuff :)