- The Quick and Dirty for TNA Impact 2.5.9 from the Impact Zone.
- The show opens with highlights from last week's edition, including that shot of Samoa Joe that closed out last week's show.
- The MEM hit the ring to talk about things. Tenay does a nice job of pointing out the Sting/Angle rift. Nash talks about being a politicking bitch and always having his way. Nash says that Joe insulted Hall some time ago and Nash has wanted Joe out of TNA for a long time now. In fact, Joe is the only one still with the company after Nash has wanted him out. Nash is not impressed with Joe's new look. Nash says he's gonna go old school on Joe's ass because Joe's been cast as Nash's bitch in the new MEM movie. Angle says that he thought he knew about Sting, but he's not that sure anymore. He says he'll ensure that at AAO, the title stays with the MEM, by hook or by crook.
- Backstage, Lauren is with Team 3-D. Devon puts Angle over as one the greatest but says they're ready for anything he can throw. They note that last week's handicap match was just Angle's plan of softening Sting up, and inform Kurt that they're onto his game. Ray says Kurt should change his name to something "vaguely Italian." 3-D promise to win the belt at AAO.
- Elsewhere, Lethal Consequences talk about their match with MCMG. Creed says that the Guns showed their true colors last week and that LQ will treat them the same as they do the MEM. Lethal throws around Rockers references and screams "MARTY!" The match is on, but Beer Money attack to take out Creed. That leads to...
Match 1: Jay Lethal and Eric Young over The Motor City Machine Guns when Young pinned Shelley after a double DVD in 4:16. Lethal handled the match alone till Young joined him about 3/4 of the way through. It was a fine little Impact Special, and the finish was nice.
- Post match, Shelley challenges Young to a X-Division Title match at AAO. That should be fun. Young accepts, provided that Sabin (Shelley's "life partner") stays out of the match.
- We head backstage where Cornette and the Kongtourage exchange pleasantries. Booker T says he wants to referee the Sewell/Bashir match for tonight cause he can't wait till AAO to get his hands on Sewell.
- Elsewhere still, the Beautiful People are with Lauren. Angie promises a massacre tonight. Velvet puts in her two cents, promising to earn back their dignity and respect tonight.
Match 2: Shane Sewell over Sheikh Abdul Bashir via DQ in 5:50. Booker T caused the DQ, of course. Sewell and Booker have a pull apart, which is really getting boring now that TNA manage to have at least one every week. The match only existed to further the angle.
- Backstage, Sting says that the title would be tarnished if someone other than Sting wins at AAO. That leads to a question about Angle, but Sting leaves that unanswered.
Match 3: The Beautiful People over Taylor Wilde and Roxxi when they pinned Roxxi with a Russian Legsweep-jumping kick combo in 4:00. It was one-sided, but TBP gave it their all, making it pretty watchable. Post match, the faces get the brown bag treatment, before Gov. Palin runs down for the save. Kip gets a low blow and Velvet gets the Roll of the Dice.
- There were Rough Cuts on Kiyoshi throughout the show, including comments from Sting and the Great Muta himself, Keiji Mutoh. I wish this kind of treatment was meted out to Hiroshi Tanahashi.
Match 4: Brutus Magnus over Shark Boy via Tormentum (sort of a turning Samoan Drop) in 2:13. It was squash-tastic, but even then it didn't get me hyped for Brutus Magnus.
- Backstage, JB wants Angle to respond to Sting's earlier comments. Angle says people want to stir shit up when there's nothing to stir. The MEM are too smart to fall for such traps. Angle says he's his own man and will get it done at AAO.
Match 5: Matt Morgan over Rhino by DQ when Abyss attacked Morgan in 3:30. There's nothing about Morgan that says "superstar" to me. Abyss wants to chokeslam him onto some thumbtacks, but Morgan escapes.
- Postmatch, Abyss cuts a brilliant promo, going back to his old self. Abyss wants Morgan to meet his real best friend, whose name is "Abyss" and not "Chris." Abyss says there is no false sense of trust in his world, and Morgan will pay for on Sunday. Abyss promises to kick his ass while drawing his own blood by smashing his hand into the tacks. This kicked several different kinds of ass and typing this does no justice to it. Check out the video someplace if you can.
- Backstage, JB and Foley hype the upcoming tag match. Foley says Jarrett will come back next week.
Match 6: Team 3-D over Sting and Kurt Angle via DQ when the MEM attacked Team 3-D in 12:00. It was ok for what it was, but it mainly existed to forward the story of the dissension in the Mafia ranks. Postmatch, Angle and Sting bickered, and nearly came to blows, but the other Mafia members held them apart. A similar video of Joe airs.
- End show.
Wrestling Counter: 30 minutes.
** A decent go-home show for the PPV, but what would we have had to do get a clean finish tonight? I see the need of storyline advancement in the hard-sell phase for an upcoming PPV, but that is no excuse for the shitty quality of wrestling this week. On the other hand, they did a nice job of advancing every single story on show at the PPV this weekend. Speaking of PPV, head over to the Prediction Thread (The W) to put your prognostic abilities to test.
(edited by used2bcool on 6.2.09 2119) Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
Originally posted by CruelAngel777I'm much more excited that Daffney is officially part of the TNA roster than Brutus Magnus.
Aw geez, I'm torn. I'd be glad to have Daff back, but are they actually going to continue to call her "Governor Palin," which they did last night? Seems so, since they are calling her finisher the "Thrilla from Wasilla." (Which is, by the way, not the Roll of the Dice or really even close. There's a leg hook involved and...I dunno, really, but it's not RofD.)
As for Brutus -- yeah. I dunno if I want to judge him from a match with Shark Boy, and I'm happy just to see a new non-WWE face, so I'll give him a chance.
Last 5 movies seen: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist ** - RocknRolla *** - Appaloosa *** - Pineapple Express ***1/2 - Ghost Town ***1/2
Originally posted by Karlos the Jackal Seems so, since they are calling her finisher the "Thrilla from Wasilla." (Which is, by the way, not the Roll of the Dice or really even close. There's a leg hook involved and...I dunno, really, but it's not RofD.)
Yeah. That was dumb on my part. That move is a Whiplash with a hooked leg. Kind of like an inward twisting neckbreaker. The name needs work, though.
Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
Trish had it right, tape it down if you have to, but have it taken care of before you ever get out there. And fat dudes should just throw a singlet on under their jeans/shirt if they're not going to get in shape.