- TNA presents the Turkey Bowl tonight! Turkey is overrated and this may have "Bowls" (pun!) written all over it. They also have a new opening song. Turkey Bowl winner gets 25Gs and loser gets a turkey suit.
- TNA Originals fill the ring, where Rhino informs them that they shall be known as "TNA Frontline (TNAF or T-NAF)" from now on. So, that's where this episode's title comes from. It's better than TNA Originals, I guess. Rhino references a lot of old ECW without calling it out and the fans chant "TNA." Dumbasses. Rhino declares war on the MEM. This goes along fine until Rhino shits on the rest of the guys in the ring (other than AJ/Joe) saying that they don't have experience and that the T-NAF (pronounced T-Naff) will add new members to become an army. Way to go, buddy boy. The MEM come down with Scott Steiner in a suit. PIMP~! Angle makes fun of their name and makes anal sex insinuations. He and Rhino trade some generic insults to hype their match.
- Backstage, JB tells Angle that Mick Foley is the special ring enforcer for the match at Final Resolution, causing Angle to go even more ballistic.
Turkey Bowl Semifinal: Rhino over Hernandez and Sonjay Dutt (Three-way) in 3:25 when he pinned Dutt with the GORE. Hmm. Pretty average Impact match.
- Back in JJ's office, Angle questions Jeff's testicular fortitude. Jeff promises that if the MEM interfere at Final Resolution, he'll tear up Angle's contract with his own hands.
- Elsewhere, Rhino, AJ, and Joe make their pitch to Team 3D. Rhino busts out the old ECW references again, but AJ/Joe and Team 3D wind up bickering a lot. 3D want to know what's in it for them, so Joe tells them it's all about RESPACK! Well, I wouldn't buy that shit. Joe gives them a 2-hour ultimatum while 3D discuss the merits/demerits of such a move. This actually had a lot of good moments, with 3D building up towards the events to come, creating some nice drama.
Turkey Bowl Semifinal: Alex Shelley over Cute Kip and Consequences Creed (Three-way) in 3:45 when Shelley pinned Creed with a rollup + tights. A nice match that deserved a cleaner finish, methinks. I had no wish to see Kip in the ring, but he wasn't too bad.
- Backstage, the Beautiful People bitch about not being on the card at Final Resolution. They apparently have a letter from Sarah Palin that says she'll be there next week at Impact. Oh god. Sharmelle pops up to tell them that Booker wants to see them.
- In JJ's office, he tells Rhino that for the company's sake, Rhino must take care of Angle at FR. He also says TNA is close to busting out domestically and internationally. Ha ha.
- Rough Cuts on LAX. Apparently they're the Yin-Yang Twins.
- Elsewhere still, Team 3D sympathise with T-NAF but remind them that this is a business. Steiner comes in a "offer they can't refuse." I smell swerve.
- Elsewhere, Traci promises to give Christy Hemme a shot at Kong if she can beat Raisha Saeed. God, please, no.
Turkey Bowl Semifinal: Sheik Abdul Bashir over Matt Morgan and Jimmy Rave (three-way) in 3:25 when he pinned Rave with the WMD. A fun match, which had Morgan looking like a monster. I guess I'm happy that the X-Division champ got the win, but if they're intent of turning Morgan into the next star, this win would've been a bit of a no-brainer.
- In Booker T's locker room, Booker wants the Beautiful People to provide backup for Sharmelle. TBP want his locker room in return. After some negotiations, they come to terms, but Sharmelle gets freaked out and tosses Lauren out of the room, slamming the door so hard that the star falls off. Symbolism!
- Elsewhere, MEM tries to convince Team 3D, first with words, then with custom-tailored suits. The suit would do it for me.
Match 4: Christy Hemme over Raisha Saeed via Sunset Flip in 3:30. I shit you not, Hemme has a move called the...get this...Flying Firecrotch Guillotine Legdrop. She's still got a long way to go in the ring, though. After the match, Team KHANG~ (tm Karlos) put a stop to the party, but Hemme escapes by the skin of her teeth.
- Tenay does a sit-down interview with AJ Styles that talks about his past. Apparently, AJ's had a pretty rough life. Nash and Sting respond to that elsewhere, with Nash saying that AJ's a spoiled brat and full of shit. Sting's far more tolerant, but says a lot of things don't add up.
- Elsewhere, Alex Shelley says you can buy AJ a personality or Joe a singlet with 25 Grand. Line of the night! Then he rails on Foley, asking if it would kill Mick to dress like a grown-up man. That was all kinds of awesome. I'm sure Shelley will wearing turkey before the night is out.
Turkey Bowl Final: I'm lost on this logic: you qualify to get into a match, where if you lose, you wear turkey. Dumb. Rhino over Sheik Abdul Bashir and Alex Shelley (three-way) in about 8 mins when he pinned Shelley with the GORE. Told ya. Fun match, but Shelley's more entertaining than the other two combined.
- Shelley refuses to put on the suit and starts running. Foley comes out dressed in leather vest and a leopard shirt. God. He puts over Shelley but threatens to fire Shelley if doesn't don the turkey. Shelley does it after a lot of pouting and is announced "Turkey of the Year." He's got a positive outlook, though, saying that he might just get a good Myspace pic out the whole mess. Then he proceeds to flip Foley off, which leads to the Double-Arm DDT. Shelley flopping around for that move was awesome. Foley says that Alex needs to appreciate the fact that he still has a job. Shelley's a star in the making. I'm telling ya now.
Main Event Interview: T-NAF want an answer from 3D, but MEM interrupt them to rail on them. They introduce 3D, who come out with the suits. Then this drags on for a while, with MEM and 3D just giving each others verbal blowjobs. Angle says that MEM is about power, brains, and money, while T-NAF is all muscle, guts, and balls but no brains. Ray says that they're all about guts and balls and if being part of TNA-F is wrong, then they don't want to be right! Nice line, there. MEM get their comeuppance as a result, and they look to put Angle through a table, but Sting saves his ass.
- End Show.
**Wrestling Counter: 22 minutes.
** A much better effort than last time around, with both the promos and the wrestling picking up. I still think that TNA's too talk-heavy, but at least they're doing a decent job of advancing the storyline. I'm also loving the development of Alex Shelley, but I can't see what good it does to anyone to have Team 3D on the T-NAF side. And where the hell was Beer Money? A middling show.
(edited by used2bcool on 29.11.08 1258) Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
I am a moment guy. I love moments in wrestling much more then workrate. The moment that Bubbha showed AJ the slapjack in his coat, I am hooked. That being said, somebody might want to inform TNA that the X-Division and the Women's division need help.
i have mentioned many times on this board that marks with money can book their very own supercard to take place where ever a ring can be set up. For example - Staff picnic featuring Potato sack races, egg toss and Valentine vs. KoKo in a street fight.