From: Pickering, Ontario
Since last post: 225 days
Last activity: 31 days
|AIM: || |
|ICQ: || ||#1 Posted on 3.1.02 1116.50 |
|I'm sure this has been covered before, but since the board is new, I'll bring it up again. How about a Top 5 list of your favorite theme songs? Here's mine:|
1. The GOON - Obviously, I'm extremely biased towards The Goon - he'll always be my favorite wrestler of all time. You just gotta love the "doot...doot...doot...doot" hockey theme. Nothing short of epic.
2. Steven Regal - "Real Man's Man" - I have only recently been able to appreciate how great this piece of music is. I found an old Survivor Series tape when Regal wrestled as the "Real Man's Man" against X-Pac (who was Euro champ at the time), and I laughed until I cried. I must've rewound Regal's entrance 10 times, just to listen to the music. Given the right person in the role, I think this gimmick could still get over today.
3. Brother Love - Listening to the little piece of gospel-like music always made me smile - I was a big Brother Love fan, and if you go back and watch the WM Gimmick Battle Royal, listen to Pritchard do his patented "IIII LOOOVE YOUUUU!" line - he nearly cracks in the middle of it 'cause he's trying so hard not to laugh. Awesome stuff.
4. The Undertaker - Original Theme - The theme REALLY helped when it came to gettting the original Undertaker gimmick over, in my opinion. It was perfectly suited to the character, and as his popularity and stature grew, I got a feeling of awe every time the lights dimmed and the music played.
5. Dino Bravo - As a much younger man, I hated Dino, as I was supposed to. But in retrospect, Dino's theme was terrific at getting him over as a heel. It was awfully nice of France to adopt Dino's theme as their national anthem.
As you can see, my Top 5 are all older pieces - probably because I couldn't quite appreciate them then like I can now. But, that's just me. So what's YOUR top 5?
|Promote this thread!|| |
Since last post: 3114 days
Last activity: 2996 days
|AIM: || ||#2 Posted on 3.1.02 1134.17 |
and Bret Hart, that pick slide in the beginning was too cool
From: Northern NJ
Since last post: 3 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
|#3 Posted on 3.1.02 1139.00 |
|Going back to the old school days - always marked out for Freebird when the Fabulous Freebirds hit the arena|
Stylin' and Profilin' - Custom Made from Head to Toe.....courtesy of Michael's of Kansas City
From: Seattle, Washington
Since last post: 2763 days
Last activity: 2655 days
|AIM: || ||#4 Posted on 3.1.02 1139.11 |
|Taker's themes, Bret's WWF themes, My Time, The Game, Ted Dibiase's theme, HBK's theme as done by Sherri, D-Generation X, DEMOLITION!, Gangrel, Razor Ramon, and the Disturbed mix of Austin's theme.|
From: A ways past Parts Unknown and to the left of Dudleyville
Since last post: 3213 days
Last activity: 962 days
|AIM: || ||#5 Posted on 3.1.02 1144.54 |
|Some themes off the top of my head.|
-Real Man's Man: Hate to repeat it, but that song kicked so much ass! "He's a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, such a MAAAAAAAAAAAN!" I was rolling since day one.
-Hakushi: One of the best themes ever, but no one seems to remember it. Curse you people! It almost had an "Oriental Undertaker" vibe to it. Which it should have since Hakushi was the the "Light Warrior."
-The Mountie: "He's The Mountie! He always get his man!!"
-The Quebecers: "We're Not The Mountie!"
-Austin's heel theme: Heavy metal Austin! I just really like this spin on his original theme.
"Song I wish would come back..."
American Badass: Sorry, if I have to listen to Rock/Rap, then I'd rather listen to Kid Rock than Fred Durst. Of course in a perfect world, they'd just give UT another theme.
Nothing is better than X-pac!
It's all in the inflection...
Since last post: 2712 days
Last activity: 434 days
|#6 Posted on 3.1.02 1150.14 |
|In reverse order:|
5) The remix of Kawada's "Holy War".
4) The old Kaientai DX theme -- not Abnormal Paradise, but the one in Spanish whose name escapes me for the moment.
3) Super Delfin's old NJPW(?) theme -- the one with the evil laughter at the beginning, not the more recent funeral-march music.
2) Sanshiro Takagi's DDT remix of "Fire" by Scooter (who I really wish had a US record deal)
Or if I have to stay stateside:
5) The Pitbulls' use of "Thunderkiss '65" was cool. Nice adrenaline rush for the crowd. There, I said it.
4) I'm sort of torn on which Al Snow version to go with -- the Prodigy song he used in ECW, or WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?
3) TAKA brought Yamato Suite #4 with him to the WWF, so I'm using it here.
2) Evil Doink.
1) WE'RE NOT THE MOUNTIES!
If you look very, very closely, you can see Edward R. Murrow.
From: The Las Vegas of Canada
Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 7 min.
|AIM: || ||#7 Posted on 3.1.02 1205.14 |
|5- Shawn Michaels music: Not so much because it's a cool song, but I always mark out when he makes an appearance. Hell, I even watched Excess just to see him come out to that theme.|
4- Da Mountie: Now THAT was a piece of brilliance. Sometimes I'll be sitting around and that theme will pop into my head and I'll smile. Then I'll get out a shock stick and attack whomever is near by.
3- Hulk Hogan: Oh come on, admit it, everyone's ears prick up when they hear this music, even if it's just Patterson and Brisco coming out to it. And like everyone on earth wouldn't pop for a moment if that fired up on a WWF broadcast leading out the Orange Goblin for one last time.
2- Steve Austin: I loved the original theme. It was so dark and angry sounding in the midst of a still light and kind of cartoony WWF. The first true dash of musical attitude for them.
1- Steve Regal: I gotta go with the crowd on this one. I have never laughed as hard as when I heard that song. It's so Monty Python sounding it's scary. I can see all the lumberjacks singing with Steve.
Honorable mention to ECW for use of existing music, esp. for Sandman, RVD, Taz, Nova, and the FBI. I loved Little Guido coming out to the disco beats.
From: Mississippi. Hey, you. Quit laughing.
Since last post: 4061 days
Last activity: 3204 days
|AIM: || ||#8 Posted on 3.1.02 1221.42 |
|Hakushi: One of the best themes ever, but no one seems to remember it. Curse you people! It almost had an "Oriental Undertaker" vibe to it. Which it should have since Hakushi was the the "Light Warrior." |
I have Full Metal: The Album, which this is on, and I agree. That was a GREAT piece of music.
thetapelistofdoom - Stay in drugs, drink your school, and don't do milk.
Deep 13 - Given the DrOp Seal Of Approval!!
The SWF - Where gigantic egos go to relax.
In This Very Ring - We've mastered the art of Inward Singing.
Subversia - Featuring the Net's best writers! and 210!
From: Toms River, NJ
Since last post: 852 days
Last activity: 675 days
|AIM: || ||#9 Posted on 3.1.02 1239.22 |
|I know it's a new song, but I really like Christians entrance music...|
From: C-Bus, Ohio
Since last post: 4063 days
Last activity: 4063 days
|#10 Posted on 3.1.02 1310.01 |
|My All-Time, Top 5 Wrestling Themes.|
5. Kurt Angle/The Patriot. This is really only on here because of Angle, I couldn't have cared less when it was Patriot's theme. This is the perfect theme for Kurt. The main reason I know I like it: I was pissed off when they changed it, bitched everytime he came out until they changed it back.
4. Billy Gunn: "Assman" or "Look at all I got". Both of those themes are classic. I wish I knew who that guy who sang them is, he needs to put out an album, I know I'd buy it. Either one of those songs can get a laugh out of people who don't watch wrestling and yet, by the end of the song, they're hooked on it.
3. Shawn Michaels, "Sexy Boy" (The Sherri Version). That song was so damn awful! Listening to Sherri shreik and sing poorly was hideous...and I loved every minute of it. Just a great theme. The HBK version was great too, but can't match the Sherri one.
2. Booker T. I'm not really sure why I like this theme so much, I just do. I liked it when it was Harlem Heat's, I even liked it when it was Harlem Heat 2000's (even though it meant we were about to see a horrible match. We being me and that other guy watching Thunder at the time.) But it's really met it's full potential in the WWF with the "Can You Dig It...Sucka" added to the beginning. Just a great theme.
And my all-time favorite wrestling theme:
1. Ric Flair. I mean really, that just fits him so perfectly and adding "Whoooo" to the beginning makes it even better. I love seeing people get cut off by that (people being Vince McMahon). I don't even need to continue justifying it.
And I think you're fat. So how do you like me now?
From: NS, Canada
Since last post: 1172 days
Last activity: 828 days
|#11 Posted on 3.1.02 1316.59 |
|Dan "thebeast" Severn.|
From: Harrisburg, PA
Since last post: 4262 days
Last activity: 3574 days
|#12 Posted on 3.1.02 1339.18 |
|Demolition was always a favorite of mine|
Enter Sandman worked great for Sandy
HHH's The Game is awesome
The Faboulous Rougeau Brothers
and of course, Rap is Crap
From: Hawthorne, CA
Since last post: 12 days
Last activity: 13 hours
|#13 Posted on 3.1.02 1340.58 |
|In no perticular order...|
Hulk Hogan's Real American
Ted DiBiase's Everyone's got a price
Stone Cold Steve Austin's heel theme (The super-slow version of his current one, they only used it for like 3 weeks)
Booker T (I like the new WWF version and the old WCW version)
Original theme from nWo (Not Wolfpac)
Original theme from Monday Nitro
Undertaker's original Graveyard Symphony
From: Houston Texas
Since last post: 2878 days
Last activity: 2583 days
|#14 Posted on 3.1.02 1350.04 |
|I'll jump in on this one:|
1. Booker T/Harlem Heat. Nothing like a "Art of Noise" sample. I have always liked this music. I hope WWF sticks with it the entire Booker T run in the fed. "Can You dig it...Sucka!!!!" Makes it awesome -er.
2. Dude Love - I like this one because it is so ridiculous. Plus I have fond memories of the character.
3. Vader - "It's Time, It's Time, It's Vader....Time!!!" 'nuff said.
4. My Time - This was the coolest HHH theme ever. When you combine it with the entrance, the cool factor was off the page.
5. Disturbed, SCSA - This is tht theme they should be using now. It was awesome! Too bad it was never on one of those Entrance Music CDs.
6. "I think you betta Recognize" - This simply rocked and fit D'Lo to a T.
7. "Sexy Boy" - Again, a catchy tune, but it fit the character perfectly. I would never be playing this inmy car trying to impress my date, but the song was so cheezy that you have to like it. Maybe we will be hearing it soon.
8. Owen Hart - The pre-Nation theme. That crazy guitar sounded alot like La Parka, maybe that is why I like it.
9. K-Dawg/Filthy Animals/Rey Rey - It is actually by Mad One called "Psycho". The instrumental is cool as hell.
10. Edge/Christian - You think you know me?
January 4th 1999 - The day WCW injected itself with 10 gallons of Liquid Anthrax...AKA...The day Hogan "Defeated" Nash to win the WCW title in front of 40,000.
From: Kentucky - Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ Wildcats
Since last post: 13 days
Last activity: 3 days
|#15 Posted on 3.1.02 1401.31 |
|5)Kevin Von Erich - Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold" -great opening riffs, great song|
4)Shane Douglas - Deep Purple's "Perfect Strangers"- don't know why, but always liked the song, bought the album to get the song after hearing Douglas use it in ECW
3)RVD - Pantera's "Respect" - OK I grew up listenting to metal and never outgrew it, but great crowd response whenever the song hit
2)"Stunning" Steve Austin's WCW theme (originally used for the Hollywood Blondes) - Never knew the name of the song (sounded like an original for WCW), but I'm pretty sure Blitzkrieg used it a couple of times in WCW. Just a cool sounding song.
1)The Road Warriors - Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" - Ominous song for the most intimidating tag team of my life as a wrestling fan. Can't overstate how important it is that this refers to the original "Iron Man" and not the royalty free rip off WCW later used for them.
Midnight Express (Theme from the movie "Midnight Express")
Hulk Hogan - Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" & Hendrix "Voodoo Chile"
The Fabulous Freebirds "Bad Street USA"
Kerry Von Erich - Rush's "Tom Sawyer"
From: Ft. Hood, TX
Since last post: 4171 days
Last activity: 4109 days
|#16 Posted on 3.1.02 1450.38 |
|5) Hogan's "Real American" Hated the guy, but still popped for his entrance|
4) DX's Original theme. This combined perfectly with the "Attitude" of the WWF at the time
3) Jericho's "Brek the Wall Down!" What can I say the guy and the tune are awesome
2) Demolition's old music.
1) Al Snow's "What does Everybody Want? HEAD!" The name says it all really.
Terminus Est - Book of the New Sun
LEM BA QM
LEM BA PAJ BE PRD
From: Pennsburg, PA
Since last post: 3490 days
Last activity: 3243 days
|AIM: || ||#17 Posted on 3.1.02 1459.38 |
Originally posted by dskillz
|Disturbed, SCSA - This is tht theme they should be using now. It was awesome! Too bad it was never on one of those Entrance Music CDs.|
I think changing back to the old SCSA music was a lame move. Just because he's supposedly back to his old ways? I don't think the Disturbed version would've mattered.
2. Booker T
3. Hogan, Real American
4. Edge (Old theme)
5. Rikishi's 'Bad Man' theme...I thought the lyrics were rather humorous.
(edited by Y2Disco on 3.1.02 1313)
From: Niagara Falls ONT. Canada
Since last post: 2945 days
Last activity: 2581 days
|#18 Posted on 3.1.02 1510.34 |
|Well, a while back I found a website that had a theme for the Dangerous Alliance from WCW. Now I wasn't watching WCW at that time so I don't know if it really was their theme, but it was a really good theme. The site's at http://venus.spaceports.com/~themez/wcw.html if you want to listen to it.|
Thirty Millionth Hit
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.
Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 days
|#19 Posted on 3.1.02 1512.50 | Instant Rating: 4.05|
|Mike Sweetser said:|
>>Taker's themes, Bret's WWF themes, My Time, The Game, Ted >>Dibiase's theme, HBK's theme as done by Sherri, D->>Generation X, DEMOLITION!, Gangrel, Razor Ramon, and the >>Disturbed mix of Austin's theme.
Damn mike, you stole my answer....
From: Wilmington, NC
Since last post: 3257 days
Last activity: 2858 days
|#20 Posted on 3.1.02 1515.23 |
|In no real order:|
Gangrel/The Brood - repetative as shit, but it's fun to listen to nonetheless
Christian - not his new music, his old music. The only place I've ever seen it used is in video games. Too bad too, cause it kicked the shit out of Edge's music.
Original UT music
Trips "My Time"
bah, my brain is stuck in neutral, I can't think of any more.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next