The W
Views: 98332619
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
21.8.14 1509
The W - Pro Wrestling - This clip cements my lack of faith in TNA succeeding
This thread has 2 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.66
Pages: 1 2 3 Next
(1788 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (41 total)
Scottyflamingo
Bratwurst








Since: 23.6.10
From: Auburn, AL

Since last post: 398 days
Last activity: 127 days
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.77
Just found this while watching some stuff on Youtube. Never heard anyone mention the Dixie Youshoot, but wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W52Z4sI-_tA&feature=related

Promote this thread!
ekedolphin
Scrapple








Since: 12.1.02
From: Indianapolis, IN; now residing in Suffolk, VA

Since last post: 64 days
Last activity: 9 days
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.10
"If I hear another 'Fire Russo' chant, I will fire someone else."

Earth to Dixie: The fans are trying to tell you something.



"You are boring me to death, and I'm already dead. You're boring me back to death."
--Zombie in a Starburst commercial

Fan of the Indianapolis Colts (Super Bowl XLI Champions), Indiana Pacers and Washington Nationals

Certified RFMC Member-- Ask To See My Credentials!

Co-Winner of Time's Person of the Year Award, 2006

PaulKTF
Summer sausage








Since: 26.5.06

Since last post: 1116 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.00
Dixie is an easily-manipulated idiot when it comes to the world of wrestling. She's in charge because she's the daughter of the founder and owner of Panda Energy (who owns a majority stake in TNA).

At least WCW was run and manipulated by people who (for the most part) had a history in the wrestling business.
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 49 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.89
For all hsi stubborness, I don't recall Vince ever coming out and essentially telling the fans to shut up and pissing on their feelings like that. She's lucky they have such a loyal local crowd -if TNA didn't have the mutants willing to pack the Impact Zone every week they'd be in a lot more dire a situation than they are now.
PaulKTF
Summer sausage








Since: 26.5.06

Since last post: 1116 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.00
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    For all hsi stubborness, I don't recall Vince ever coming out and essentially telling the fans to shut up and pissing on their feelings like that. She's lucky they have such a loyal local crowd -if TNA didn't have the mutants willing to pack the Impact Zone every week they'd be in a lot more dire a situation than they are now.


At least Vince tends to listen to the fans when they tell him they hate an angle. Granted; it sometimes takes him awhille to get the message, but when something isn't catching on; he makes changes.
dMp
Banger








Since: 4.1.02
From: The Hague, Netherlands (Europe)

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 57 min.
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    For all hsi stubborness, I don't recall Vince ever coming out and essentially telling the fans to shut up and pissing on their feelings like that. She's lucky they have such a loyal local crowd -if TNA didn't have the mutants willing to pack the Impact Zone every week they'd be in a lot more dire a situation than they are now.


Actually Vince does that too, but he does it as the McMahon character which means people will just roll their eyes and whine on the internet ;)

But true, Vince stays away from comments about his writing team and how he feels about them/how they function.





Avatar Mud
CHAPLOW
Morcilla








Since: 14.5.04
From: right behind you

Since last post: 65 days
Last activity: 65 days
#7 Posted on


Like one of the youtube commenters mentioned (nothing lends credibility to a statement like saying you got it from a youtube commenter), a writer's job isnt to draw heat to HIMSELF... is Dixie an idiot? y/n
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.02
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    She's lucky they have such a loyal local crowd -if TNA didn't have the mutants willing to pack the Impact Zone every week they'd be in a lot more dire a situation than they are now.


I might be remembering this wrong, but I thought they all got in free?



-- 2006 Time magazine Person of the Year --

-- July 2009 Ordained Reverend --
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 49 days
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.89
They do, but they're also insanely loyal to the company. If Dixie wants to choose Russo over the fans that show up week in, week out and put up with his awful writing, she's an idiot. What business ever grew that way?
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 7 hours
Last activity: 4 hours
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.75
I wonder if it has more to do with the current product being run by Eric and Hogan thus firing Russo is not the big problem. The IWC will always hate the writers, because rightly or wrongly think they can do better themselves. TNA's market is not the Impactzone, its the 1.5 million fans they get on TV. TNA's business model is all about TV not PPVS, house shows or even the ImpactZone. Even if they threw out the current fans going to it, they probably will still fill the place its an attraction at one of the most popular parks in the world. From what I understand its a 2 hour wait in line just to get in if you can get in. You don't even have to buy a ticket to the park to get in which is insane.

TNA judges or should judge fan reaction by the ratings which have returned to normal. If anything they need to expand their fanbase how they do that, I am not even sure. They pretty much tried everything. I don't think starting from scratch will do any good either since they may lose more fans who are actually tuning in for the old guys. They need to do a major research for their TV audience as well as the wrestling TV audience if they have not done so already. They need to find common things those fans like and run with it.
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 49 days
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.89
Reducing Vince Russo down to "the writers" is pretty intellectually dishonest. He's been with TNA for a long time, his work has done nothing to grow the company, he was at least partially responsible for flushing ANOTHER wrestling company down the toilet, and there's a sizeable portion of fans who actively dislike his involvement. Switching him out for pretty much anybody else at this stage would be a gain. He brings nothing of worth to TNA that somebody else couldn't do.

And TNA haven't "tried everything". They've tried a bunch of different stuff, booked it all horribly and never stuck with a major angle from beginning to end without it falling apart. All of which is a hallmark of the booking style of the guy that Dixie is willing to choose over her company's own fanbase.
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 7 hours
Last activity: 4 hours
#12 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.75
Yes, because when TNA started, it was already on TV and had a following of over a million people. As much as people love bashing TNA and Russo, he did improve the product to the point it is now on TV and getting a good rating for that network. There is also a sizable portion that hates Steph and HHH's involvement with the product, they are still there and will be there til the end. WCW was going to die no matter if they had 5 star matches and not losing a profit before Russo got there. AOL didn't want them, so they were going out. They did the same thing to most of their sci-fi shows like Crusade. AOL wanted to be seen as the "drama" network and after almost ten years they are there which is about 9 years longer then they thought it would take them. And yet, we treat his involvement in Attitude Era has nothing and lets be honest here, nothing was as good as that run in the last 20 years of wrestling.

TNA has pushed young stars like AJ and Joe, same ratings. They pushed older guys, same ratings if not worse ratings. They got big named free agents, a ratings pop then the same ratings. They have pushed the KO, Tag and X-Division, same ratings. They push the singles main event, same ratings. They have done year long story lines, to a small ratings increase with MEM and a giant disaster with Immortal. They have done once a month storylines, same ratings.

They could write something the equivalent epic of the Star Wars trilogy and they would get the same ratings. The problem is they have a fanbase that is stuck at a certain level much the same way WWE has a fanbase that is stuck in the mid to lower 3.0s. The reality is wrestling is stuck in the gutter and minus Rock coming back, there has been zero interest from outsiders. TNA is going to get a 1.0 to 1.3 no matter what and the ImpactZone is going to be full of people, no matter what. Being a fan means you are part sadist, you will take the pain on the chance of a good feeling. The Cubs haven't won a damn thing in over a 100 hundred years, yet stadium is mostly filled, its the same thing being a wrestling fan.

(edited by lotjx on 18.2.11 0953)
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 49 days
#13 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.89
    Originally posted by lotjx
    TNA has pushed young stars like AJ and Joe, same ratings. They pushed older guys, same ratings if not worse ratings. They got big named free agents, a ratings pop then the same ratings. They have pushed the KO, Tag and X-Division, same ratings. They push the singles main event, same ratings. They have done year long story lines, to a small ratings increase with MEM and a giant disaster with Immortal. They have done once a month storylines, same ratings.


First of all, the notion that WCW would have folded and not found a viable owner/TV deal had it not spectacularly tanked itself is stunning in its lack of logic. Beyond that, the paragraph above betrays a wilful ignorance about the quality of TNA's writing and booking. AJ and Joe have been pushed piecemeal and with no regularity or character definition. AJ has gone from goofball heel to underdog face to super-athlete company standard bearer to arrogant Ric Flair protege to whatever the Hell he is now. Joe went from unstoppable machine to Kevin Nash's "give me money" apprentice to knife-wielding savage to Tazz's protege to MEM stooge to man living in a cardboard box to aimless wanderer of the midcard. The KO, tag and X divisions have yoyoed in importance and exposure on a month-by-month basis for their entire history. The MEM and Immortal are not "year-long storylines". They started out vague, got vaguer, lost all direction and fell apart. For all its faults, the Invasion angle was booked more linearly than almost any big TNA angle I can think of. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. Where was that with MEM? They formed. They feuded with the Frontline. Then Sting kinda dissented. Foley opposed them, then turned heel. Then Matt Morgan wanted to join. Then Samoa Joe beat them up. Then he joined them. Then it just kinda disappeared one day.

There is no constistency to TNA's writing, no longterm plan, nothing for fans to invest in and come back to week after week. So it was, so it shall always be. Who is responsible for this? Whose style matches this continually shifting and restarting and unstable lack of direction? Could it be...Vince Russo? SHOCKING SWERVE.

And by the way, I'd take WWE circa 2000 over Russo's '98-99 any day of the week.
graves9
Landjager








Since: 19.2.10
From: Brooklyn NY

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 3 min.
#14 Posted on
    Originally posted by PaulKTF
      Originally posted by Amos Cochran
      For all hsi stubborness, I don't recall Vince ever coming out and essentially telling the fans to shut up and pissing on their feelings like that. She's lucky they have such a loyal local crowd -if TNA didn't have the mutants willing to pack the Impact Zone every week they'd be in a lot more dire a situation than they are now.


    At least Vince tends to listen to the fans when they tell him they hate an angle. Granted; it sometimes takes him awhille to get the message, but when something isn't catching on; he makes changes.
He pretty much ignored the fans from '02-05 when it came to Triple H. He also ignored the fans going nuts for Christian in '05 and didn't push him to the top and kept him in the midcard. How bout the near year long Diesel title reign. Vince has had plenty of times where he's ignored the fans.



http://defendingthecore.blogspot.com/ http://morehardball.blogspot.com/
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 49 days
#15 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.89
Did he call a press conference to tell the fans he didn't give a shit what they thought about his choice of champion/writer?
graves9
Landjager








Since: 19.2.10
From: Brooklyn NY

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 3 min.
#16 Posted on
    Originally posted by lotjx
    Yes, because when TNA started, it was already on TV and had a following of over a million people. As much as people love bashing TNA and Russo, he did improve the product to the point it is now on TV and getting a good rating for that network. There is also a sizable portion that hates Steph and HHH's involvement with the product, they are still there and will be there til the end. WCW was going to die no matter if they had 5 star matches and not losing a profit before Russo got there. AOL didn't want them, so they were going out. They did the same thing to most of their sci-fi shows like Crusade. AOL wanted to be seen as the "drama" network and after almost ten years they are there which is about 9 years longer then they thought it would take them. And yet, we treat his involvement in Attitude Era has nothing and lets be honest here, nothing was as good as that run in the last 20 years of wrestling.

    TNA has pushed young stars like AJ and Joe, same ratings. They pushed older guys, same ratings if not worse ratings. They got big named free agents, a ratings pop then the same ratings. They have pushed the KO, Tag and X-Division, same ratings. They push the singles main event, same ratings. They have done year long story lines, to a small ratings increase with MEM and a giant disaster with Immortal. They have done once a month storylines, same ratings.

    They could write something the equivalent epic of the Star Wars trilogy and they would get the same ratings. The problem is they have a fanbase that is stuck at a certain level much the same way WWE has a fanbase that is stuck in the mid to lower 3.0s. The reality is wrestling is stuck in the gutter and minus Rock coming back, there has been zero interest from outsiders. TNA is going to get a 1.0 to 1.3 no matter what and the ImpactZone is going to be full of people, no matter what. Being a fan means you are part sadist, you will take the pain on the chance of a good feeling. The Cubs haven't won a damn thing in over a 100 hundred years, yet stadium is mostly filled, its the same thing being a wrestling fan.

    (edited by lotjx on 18.2.11 0953)
There's no defending Russo. None. The quality of shows were better when Mantell booked and when D'amore booked in '05-06. Russo fubar'd Joe. Russo has killed the X Division and booked some of the dumbest angles ever.



http://defendingthecore.blogspot.com/ http://morehardball.blogspot.com/
graves9
Landjager








Since: 19.2.10
From: Brooklyn NY

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 3 min.
#17 Posted on
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    Did he call a press conference to tell the fans he didn't give a shit what they thought about his choice of champion/writer?
I was responding to a totally different comment and not what Vince has told the fans. We all know Dixie is a idiot. I have no idea why she agreed to do the youshoot as it made her look even worse than she alredy did.

(edited by graves9 on 18.2.11 1124)


http://defendingthecore.blogspot.com/ http://morehardball.blogspot.com/
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 5 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
#18 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.47
Why is she threatening the "other members of creative" for what the fans chant about Russo? Is she saying they're starting the chants?



"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker
PaulKTF
Summer sausage








Since: 26.5.06

Since last post: 1116 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#19 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.00
    Originally posted by Matt Tracker
    Why is she threatening the "other members of creative" for what the fans chant about Russo? Is she saying they're starting the chants?


I don't think even she could explain why she said that.
thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 23 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#20 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.05
She could! In the DVD, Dixie claims that the Fire Russo chants would only happen in segments written by other writers and never in segments Russo was responsible for.

Much like a lot of stuff on the DVD, this explanation is highly fictional.



thecubsfan.com - luchablog
Pages: 1 2 3 Next
Thread rated: 4.66
Pages: 1 2 3 Next
Thread ahead: Elimination Chamber Prediction Thread
Next thread: > you beloved SMACKDOWN WORKRATE COMIX for 2/18/2011!!
Previous thread: SmackDown #600 2-18-11
(1788 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
I don't believe that was the basis of the discussion between graves and Shawn. It was Shawn saying that Nitro drew twice the audience that IMPACT does now and that's been proven to be false.
Related threads: TNA House show in Manchester, England 28/1 - Your WrestleCrap 2010 Gooker Winner- The New Monday Night Wars! - Alex Shelley out with a broken collarbone - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - This clip cements my lack of faith in TNA succeedingRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.445 seconds.