The W
Views: 98522043
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
29.8.14 1526
The W - Movies & TV - The Walking Dead 3x8 'Made to Suffer' (Page 2)
This thread has 15 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 6.37
Pages: Prev 1 2
(609 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (36 total)
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 8 hours
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.42
    Originally posted by The Guinness.
    losing Penny and his eye to Michone (who was supposed to be dead), he is legitimately pissed off at Meryl and believes that Meryl had a hand in this.


Yes. One hand.



"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker
OlFuzzyBastard
Knackwurst








Since: 28.4.02
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 12 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.51
I think the Governor is using Merle to get Daryl to lead them to the prison. I suspect that, shortly after the show comes back, the two of them will "manage" to escape miraculously and Merle will talk his brother into taking him back with him, only to sneak out and lead the Governor's army just in time for the proper season finale.

Comic readers: the woman with Tyreese who got bit and her mourning husband were named Allen and Donna in the credits. Kind of a stretch for Donna, I suppose, but it's not like she's going to be around much longer anyway. (I kind of assume the other two are going to be replacements for Julie and Chris, even if the girl isn't his daughter.)

(edited by OlFuzzyBastard on 4.12.12 1104)
SchippeWreck
Banger








Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 19 hours
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.84
    Originally posted by OlFuzzyBastard
    I think the Governor is using Merle to get Daryl to lead them to the prison. I suspect that, shortly after the show comes back, the two of them will "manage" to escape miraculously and Merle will talk his brother into taking him back with him, only to sneak out and lead the Governor's army just in time for the proper season finale.

The problem with that is, he knows where the prison is. He just wrote it off because it was overrun. He's amazed that a small group of survivors could clear it. He doesn't want the prison. He wants the threat of this other group eliminated. He would have gone already, but he was too busy getting attacked.



"It's magic! We don't need to explain it!"
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 61 days
Last activity: 61 days
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.21
Amazed no one has mentioned Rick hallucinating Shane was coming at him when he killed that Woodbury dude and that Jon Bernthal came back to cameo as Force Ghost Shane.



@CMPunk
“@ZackRyder: @CMPunk She played me bro” I got your back.
KJames199
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: #yqr

Since last post: 15 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.42
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    Amazed no one has mentioned Rick hallucinating Shane was coming at him when he killed that Woodbury dude and that Jon Bernthal came back to cameo as Force Ghost Shane.
    Originally posted by lotjx
    Still, Rick is not working with a full deck considering he saw fucking Shane. That was awesome.
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 61 days
Last activity: 61 days
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.21
    Originally posted by KJames199
      Originally posted by John Orquiola
      Amazed no one has mentioned Rick hallucinating Shane was coming at him when he killed that Woodbury dude and that Jon Bernthal came back to cameo as Force Ghost Shane.
      Originally posted by lotjx
      Still, Rick is not working with a full deck considering he saw fucking Shane. That was awesome.



Amazed I missed that.



@CMPunk
“@ZackRyder: @CMPunk She played me bro” I got your back.
SchippeWreck
Banger








Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 19 hours
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.84
Speaking of Shane, I'm glad I didn't see this TV Guide cover (lower left) (media.sfx.co.uk) before I watched this episode.



"It's magic! We don't need to explain it!"
Quezzy
Knackwurst








Since: 6.1.02
From: The Moon

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 2 hours
AIM:  
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.41
I've disliked Andrea for some time and unfortunately I imagine that Daryl and/or Meryl's escape will be thanks to her. Probably too little too late to make her likeable again although to be fair, during Michonne/Andrea's showdown Michonne really should have said, "hey, the people attacking the town are your friends trying to save two people you know, two people who the governor has captured and has been torturing". Andrea is dumb for sure but that probably would have cleared things up pretty easily.



Lance's Response:

THAT IS AWESOME!
emma
Cherries > Peaches








Since: 1.8.02
From: Phoenix-ish

Since last post: 156 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.11
    Originally posted by Quezzy
    ... during Michonne/Andrea's showdown Michonne really should have said, "hey, the people attacking the town are your friends trying to save two people you know, two people who the governor has captured and has been torturing". Andrea is dumb for sure but that probably would have cleared things up pretty easily.
Yeah, Michonne isn't a big communicator. As Punk pointed out last week, knowledge is power; however, a better expression of that might be "knowing when to leverage knowledge is knowing how to wield power." There's very little power to be gained if you don't actually use the knowledge. Clearly, she didn't watch the early seasons of Lost, where there were a whole lotta occasions where, if they'd only exchanged some information, everybody would have been much better off. (Homage to Lindelof's appearance on Talkind Dead.)

We do all watch Talking Dead, right? :-)

Very nice touch when Rick hallucinated Shane. I was wondering if they'd just cleverly CG'd that, but on Talking Dead, they discussed that Berenthal has a beard for a movie he's filming, so the Woodbury resident had to have a beard, to make the whole thing flow nicely.
The Guinness.
Morcilla








Since: 24.4.05
From: San Diego, CA

Since last post: 13 days
Last activity: 14 hours
AIM:  
#30 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.78
    Originally posted by emma
    We do all watch Talking Dead, right? :-)



I do. Excellent follow up show to each episode. Every episode of "The Talking Dead" is available on the AMC app if you haven't seen it (I think on their website too).

After watching one of the videos, Andrea gets back a little credibility from me. Gotta remember that she really has no idea what the hell is going on. Of course that's pretty evident with many of her decisions throughout the course of the series. I'm just saying that her character is going to go through these types of things in order to learn how to make better decisions.

The video doesn't go that deep into the detail about her development but some reading between the lines clearly shows she is just a gullible girl that hasn't fully accepted the reality of past year or so. Annoying yes. Possibility of making for a better character down he road, sure. Of course she could just get eaten and end of story too.


Back to "Talking Dead". The host, Chris Hardwick of MTV's "Singled Out" in the 90's also has an excellent podcast if you haven't heard already. He's interviewed many a celeb over almost 300 podcasts. He really has a knack for hosting, you should check it out if you haven't yet. There are some interviews with cast members of the The Walking Dead and comic-con panels too. Worth a look.


Edit. Oh the podcast is called The Nerdist



(edited by The Guinness. on 5.12.12 0023)
Wpob
Lap cheong








Since: 21.11.02
From: Williston Park, NY

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
#31 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.95
As much as I hate Andrea, my wife summed it up as:
" she watched her sister die and then killed her, wanted to commit suicide, lost a close father figure (Dale), lost a potential love interest (Shane), has been fighting zombies, got separated from her group, been sick and traveling with a slightly off center Michone for 9 months. At this point, Woodbury is the closest thing to normal she has seen since the outbreak started. She has is sleeping with the Governor, which has perks, is safe and protected and around a large group of people. Why would she want to leave and who could blame her for staying?"

She is right, but i still hate Andrea.



Life is hilariously cruel.






lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 7 hours
Last activity: 33 min.
#32 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.28
    Originally posted by The Guinness.
      Originally posted by emma
      We do all watch Talking Dead, right? :-)



    I do. Excellent follow up show to each episode. Every episode of "The Talking Dead" is available on the AMC app if you haven't seen it (I think on their website too).

    After watching one of the videos, Andrea gets back a little credibility from me. Gotta remember that she really has no idea what the hell is going on. Of course that's pretty evident with many of her decisions throughout the course of the series. I'm just saying that her character is going to go through these types of things in order to learn how to make better decisions.

    The video doesn't go that deep into the detail about her development but some reading between the lines clearly shows she is just a gullible girl that hasn't fully accepted the reality of past year or so. Annoying yes. Possibility of making for a better character down he road, sure. Of course she could just get eaten and end of story too.


    Back to "Talking Dead". The host, Chris Hardwick of MTV's "Singled Out" in the 90's also has an excellent podcast if you haven't heard already. He's interviewed many a celeb over almost 300 podcasts. He really has a knack for hosting, you should check it out if you haven't yet. There are some interviews with cast members of the The Walking Dead and comic-con panels too. Worth a look.


    Edit. Oh the podcast is called The Nerdist



    (edited by The Guinness. on 5.12.12 0023)


I am downloading a bunch of Nerdist right now. The Tom Hanks interview is hilarious and why Hanks is probably the best dude in Hollywood. Talking Dead is moving to an hour, so that is actually good, because the show does feel rushed.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 61 days
Last activity: 61 days
#33 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.21
Man Shoots Girlfriend Over Walking Dead Argument. (deadline.com)

Some people are worse than zombies.



@CMPunk
“@ZackRyder: @CMPunk She played me bro” I got your back.
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 8 hours
#34 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.42
Speaking of Talking Dead, I hate the ads. We will have a strong moment in the show -- something that wallops you -- and we cut to commercial, and that guy is practically bouncing in his chair to make a joke about it. I don't watch the show detached. I'm invested. And his shtick jolts me out of the show. So I don't watch Talking Dead because he's put me off of it. A half-hour of that? No thank you.



"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker
emma
Cherries > Peaches








Since: 1.8.02
From: Phoenix-ish

Since last post: 156 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#35 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.11
    Originally posted by Matt Tracker
    Speaking of Talking Dead, I hate the ads. We will have a strong moment in the show -- something that wallops you -- and we cut to commercial, and that guy is practically bouncing in his chair to make a joke about it. I don't watch the show detached. I'm invested. And his shtick jolts me out of the show. So I don't watch Talking Dead because he's put me off of it. A half-hour of that? No thank you.
That's AMC's fault. Chris has actually apologised for that, explaining that the promos are done pretty much separate from the show, that AMC wants them upbeat & chipper, & that it's AMC that decides to put the upbeat comedy commercial immediately after a big dramatic moment. Apparently Chris has gotten a lot of "feedback" about this very thing.
StingArmy
Andouille








Since: 3.5.03
From: Georgia bred, you can tell by my Hawk jersey

Since last post: 19 days
Last activity: 16 days
#36 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.30
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
      Originally posted by Scottyflamingo
      Tyreese! Now please STFU about T-Dog. The T was for Token.




    "Token Dog"? Not racist at all.

...that's the point he was trying to make?

- StingArmy
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread rated: 6.37
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread ahead: Glee 4x09 - "Swan Song"
Next thread: New DVDs coming out 12/11/12 (213)
Previous thread: New DVD Release - QWERTY
(609 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
I don't have much to say about this episode specifically - some teaser or preview I saw revealed last week's shooters were not after Raylan, which meant waiting around for 45 waiting for Raylan to catch up to what I already figured - but a bigger series t...
Related threads: The Walking Dead 3x7 - "When The Dead Come Knocking" - The Walking Dead 3x6 - "Hounded" - The Walking Dead 3x5 - "Say The Word" - More...
The W - Movies & TV - The Walking Dead 3x8 'Made to Suffer' (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.201 seconds.