The W
Views: 101510191
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
21.12.14 1247
The W - Football - The W Survival League: version 2010.0 (Week 15)
This thread has 2 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 7.97
Pages: 1
(400 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (8 total)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 min.
Last activity: 1 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
    Originally posted by pieman
    And the Cheesehead Cartel goes down by not selecting a team! Oh no!
Oh crap, was there a game last night? (At least it wasn't any good (hopefully?)?)
Java's Picks                     OAK 42.19  DEN
Pieman's Awful Selections OAK 42.19 DEN

bash91 SDG 21.03 SFO
Rider Nation SDG 21.03 SFO


Canadian Bacon Survives DAL 5.08 WAS

Cheesehead Cartel N/A
I have to say, I'm surprised by how many people picked Oakland, but I guess by this time of the season a lot of folks probably still had Oakland left to pick.






Promote this thread!
hansen9j
Andouille








Since: 7.11.02
From: Riderville, SK

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 14 hours
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.72
Jeff's keys to success:

1) Pick against Carolina (unless it's a crappy team like Arizona)
2) Pick the Thursday game

(Looks at next week's schedule. Sees Pittsburgh hosting Carolina on Thursday. Yelps in delight. Curses when he realized that he picked Pitt when they played Cleveland in Week 6.)

3) ???



It is the policy of the documentary crew to remain true observers and not interfere with its subjects.
"Well. Shit." -hansen9j
Go Pack Go! (8-5, 2nd NFC North)
Let's Go Riders! (getting pretty tired of being the bridesmaid)
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 9 hours
Last activity: 9 hours
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.80
    Originally posted by hansen9j
    Jeff's keys to success:

    1) Pick against Carolina (unless it's a crappy team like Arizona)
    2) Pick the Thursday game

    (Looks at next week's schedule. Sees Pittsburgh hosting Carolina on Thursday. Yelps in delight. Curses when he realized that he picked Pitt when they played Cleveland in Week 6.)

    3) ???


There are still plenty of dysfunctional teams to pick against. At this point, picking against Tennessee and Washington should be a no-brainer.




"We don't have loofahs at the Palace of Wisdom."
Llakor
Landjager








Since: 2.1.02
From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

Since last post: 620 days
Last activity: 612 days
AIM:  
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.51
    Originally posted by CRZ
      Originally posted by pieman
      And the Cheesehead Cartel goes down by not selecting a team! Oh no!
    Oh crap, was there a game last night? (At least it wasn't any good (hopefully?)?)
    Java's Picks                     OAK 42.19  DEN
    Pieman's Awful Selections OAK 42.19 DEN

    bash91 SDG 21.03 SFO
    Rider Nation SDG 21.03 SFO


    Canadian Bacon Survives DAL 5.08 WAS

    Cheesehead Cartel N/A
    I have to say, I'm surprised by how many people picked Oakland, but I guess by this time of the season a lot of folks probably still had Oakland left to pick.





If you are going to pick a schizoid Oakland team (like CalzoneLad) picking them the week that they play an awful Denver team with a demoralized quarterback who misses the playcaller who helped him (excel is probably not the right word.) not actively suck - this is probably the week to pick Oakland.



"Don't Blame CANADA, Blame Yourselves!"
pieman
As young as
he feels








Since: 11.12.01
From: China, Maine

Since last post: 17 days
Last activity: 21 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.30


    Originally posted by Llakor

    If you are going to pick a schizoid Oakland team (like CalzoneLad) picking them the week that they play an awful Denver team with a demoralized quarterback who misses the playcaller who helped him (excel is probably not the right word.) not actively suck - this is probably the week to pick Oakland.


Well, that was my thinking anyway. There really aren't a ton of quality teams left to pick by Week 15, so it's kind of a crapshoot. This is rarefied air for me, I don't think I have lasted past Week 8 or 9 ever.






thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 59 min.
Last activity: 59 min.
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00

bash91 ARI BUF CAR CHI CIN CLE DEN HOU JAC MIA MIN OAK SEA SFO STL WAS
Canadian Bacon Survives ARI ATL BUF CAR CHI CIN CLE DAL DEN HOU MIA MIN OAK PHI SFO STL WAS
Java's Picks ARI BUF CAR CHI CIN CLE DAL DEN HOU KAN MIA MIN OAK SEA SFO TEN WAS
Pieman's Awful Selections ARI ATL BUF CAR CHI CIN DAL DEN HOU MIA MIN OAK PHI SFO STL TEN WAS
Rider Nation ARI BUF CAR CIN DAL DEN HOU JAC MIA MIN NYG OAK PHI SFO TEN WAS


The league extends to the playoffs this year, but y'all are in surprisingly good shape as far as having playoff teams to pick.



thecubsfan.com - luchablog
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 min.
Last activity: 1 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
    Originally posted by thecubsfan
    The league extends to the playoffs this year, but y'all are in surprisingly good shape as far as having playoff teams to pick.
I noticed that!

They would have to reset it for the playoffs, wouldn't they?



thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 59 min.
Last activity: 59 min.
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
Can I pick the same team more than once?


    In groups that pick through the playoffs, team restrictions will be reset at the beginning of the playoffs, and you will again be able to pick each team once.


Well, that's not nearly as frantic. I wanted someone to have choose the Rams in the 1st round!



thecubsfan.com - luchablog
Thread rated: 7.97
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: December 19, 2010: Miracle at the New Meadowlands
Next thread: New Big Ten logo and division names
Previous thread: Favre sits out Vikings/Giants; streak ends at 297
(400 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
I wish I could get more info about this story besides ESPN, but the local Pittsburgh sports station is getting replaced by Radio Disney in January and are currently playing ESPN sports radio which is the most boring controlled sports radio out there.
Related threads: The W Survival League: version 2010.0 (Week 14) - The W Survival League: version 2010.0 (Week 13) - The W Survival League: version 2010.0 (Week 12) - More...
The W - Football - The W Survival League: version 2010.0 (Week 15)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.216 seconds.