The W
Views: 95535720
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
16.4.14 0238
The W - the-w.com Site Feedback - The W-banned in LAX!
This thread has 3 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 7.63
Pages: 1
(616 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (7 total)
The Goon
Boudin blanc
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Since last post: 12 days
Last activity: 20 hours
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.08
I've been in Mexico for the last little while, and I flew back to Calgary today through LAX. I was there super-early, so I decided to catch up online with those little internet terminals.

Not having seen wrestling in a couple of weeks, I called up the-w.com, and got to the main page. When I clicked on the wrestling forum, I got some big security screen saying this site was banned due to adult content. Same thing when I clicked on the random folder. So, I gave up, as my screen was visible to hundreds of people as they cleared security, and I didn't want them thinking I was some mad pervert.

I'm just curious what content would have triggered the "adult" warning screen I received.
Promote this thread!
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 12 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.02
    Originally posted by The Goon
    I've been in Mexico for the last little while, and I flew back to Calgary today through LAX. I was there super-early, so I decided to catch up online with those little internet terminals.

    Not having seen wrestling in a couple of weeks, I called up the-w.com, and got to the main page. When I clicked on the wrestling forum, I got some big security screen saying this site was banned due to adult content. Same thing when I clicked on the random folder. So, I gave up, as my screen was visible to hundreds of people as they cleared security, and I didn't want them thinking I was some mad pervert.

    I'm just curious what content would have triggered the "adult" warning screen I received.
I'm sure it's those dirty, dirty pictures. Any chance you recall what service was providing you that message?



CRZ
JayJayDean
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: Seattle, WA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 6 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.66
Huh. A couple of months ago I was at DFW on the way back from New Orleans (it was RIGHT after the hurricane almost hit New Orleans) and I was able to access the W on one of those terminals.



To get ass, youve got to bring ass." -- Roy Jones Jr.

"Your input has been noted.
I hope you don't take it personally if I disregard it."
-- Guru Zim

"Speak English or face admin retribution." -- CRZ
The Goon
Boudin blanc
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Since last post: 12 days
Last activity: 20 hours
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.08
    Originally posted by CRZ
    I'm sure it's those dirty, dirty pictures. Any chance you recall what service was providing you that message?


I believe it was Neptune Networks.
Torchslasher
Knackwurst








Since: 17.1.02
From: New F'n Jersey

Since last post: 189 days
Last activity: 156 days
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.75
I have been at libraries trying to access the site. I could get there, but many pages would stop abruptly and I would be given that same message.

My thought was that it was the "adult" language. For instance, in the wrestling forum, there are plenty of threads that have harsh language. Hell, many of Dean's SD threads do this.

So I don't think it is the pictures so much as it is the profane language issue.



WADSWORTH: The games up, Scarlet. There are no more bullets left in that gun.
SCARLET: Oh, come on, you don't think I'm gonna fall for that old trick?
WADSWORTH: It's not a trick. There was one shot at Mr. Boddy in the study. Two for the chandelier, two at the lounge door, and one for the singing telegram.
SCARLET:That's not six.
WADSWORTH: One plus two plus two plus one.
SCARLET:Nuh, uh. There was only one shot that got the chandelier. That's one plus two plus ONE plus one.
WADSWORTH: Even if you are right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one.
SCARLET:(thinking) Okay, fine.One plus two plus one--(angered) Shut up!

Clue: The Movie
rinberg
Boudin rouge








Since: 30.1.02
From: South Georgia

Since last post: 827 days
Last activity: 76 days
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.96
    Originally posted by Torchslasher
    I have been at libraries trying to access the site. I could get there, but many pages would stop abruptly and I would be given that same message.

    My thought was that it was the "adult" language. For instance, in the wrestling forum, there are plenty of threads that have harsh language. Hell, many of Dean's SD threads do this.

    So I don't think it is the pictures so much as it is the profane language issue.


I find this to be very likely. The firewall at work sometimes does the same thing. It scores a page based on the words that it finds and if score>=? it stops the page from loading. It also replaces the "four-letter" words with dash marks if the page's score has not exceeded the threshold.



The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim.
-Edsgar Dijkstra
CANADIAN BULLDOG
Andouille








Since: 5.3.03
From: TORONTO

Since last post: 355 days
Last activity: 354 days
ICQ:  
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.62
You know -- now that you mention it, I had trouble accessing the site from Edmonton's airport earlier this year... It was on a Bell Canada (Sympatico) terminal, IIRC.



TONS of great last-minute wrestling-related gift ideas (YOU'RE F'NG WELCOME!!!) in the latest Inside The Ropes!!!
Check out the ITR Website, featuring the ridiculously expensive Canadian BullBLOG!!!
Thread rated: 7.63
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Our entries in Google updated
Next thread: Perfect Game
Previous thread: Thread/Forum ratings
(616 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Thanks a lot. Now it all makes sense.
The W - the-w.com Site Feedback - The W-banned in LAX!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.123 seconds.