The W
Views: 100259783
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
31.10.14 0209
The W - Pro Wrestling - The Trouble with Billy Kidman
This thread has 189 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1(12435 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (14 total)
GRL
Frankfurter








Since: 13.7.02
From: Austin

Since last post: 8 days
Last activity: 4 hours
#1 Posted on
Just out of curiosity... what's the inside Smark story behind Billy Kidman's refusal to go along with a planned angle with Torrie Wilson? I only recall hearing that Kidman vetoed the angle(and subsequently was sent to Velocity), and nothing else. What's up?

And that's without even going on about how completely uninteresting I think he is now, without the wife-beater/denim look and a smaller physique. And the absence of a feud with Rey Mysterio, Jr. hurts, too.
Promote this thread!
Kawshen
Liverwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: Bronx, NY

Since last post: 1966 days
Last activity: 226 days
AIM:  
#2 Posted on
Personally, I think Billy Kidman has a bigger problem refusing to wear clothing than refusing a storyline.

Really, Billy.

Put some clothes on, OK?

And Rey will be here on the SD after Vengeance so we won't have to wait long.

(edited by Kawshen on 14.7.02 1644)



Bullitt
Shot in the dark








Since: 11.1.02
From: Houston

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 3 days
#3 Posted on
Kidman hasn't been the same since they took away his SWANK~! entrance music...

...that, and the "tiny, tiny pants."



- Surprised you didn't know that...

www.Gordie.ca
BobHollySTILLRules
Bockwurst








Since: 3.1.02
From: C-Bus, Ohio

Since last post: 4391 days
Last activity: 4391 days
#4 Posted on

    Originally posted by GRL
    Just out of curiosity... what's the inside Smark story behind Billy Kidman's refusal to go along with a planned angle with Torrie Wilson? I only recall hearing that Kidman vetoed the angle(and subsequently was sent to Velocity), and nothing else. What's up?


I've never really heard much about this, but maybe he just didn't want a valet who was more over than him? You wouldn't think he'd have a problem working with his fiancee, but who knows?

And yes, I miss his old music, and yes, he does need to put some pants on.



I am Mr. Positivity! Sometimes.

Bengals, Playoffs, 2002.

DON'T BELIEVE IT!

*I* want to be the right one!
deadbeater
Morcilla








Since: 12.2.02
From: Parts unknown

Since last post: 4379 days
Last activity: 4379 days
#5 Posted on
If Savage didn't have a problem escorting his beyond over wife to the ring, and he was allegedly all ego and superego, what pin pricked Kidman off on the idea of using his girlfriend Torrie as his valet? If I was Kidman, I'd escort her everywhere. I'd slap Maven like the bitch he is during the Thongathon, and take his place as a voter.

Disclaimer: I don't believe that Maven's a bitch, or even the son of one.



Molly practices pureresu, which means "Pure Wholesome Goodness" in Japanese.
Santa Sangre
Bockwurst








Since: 21.6.02
From: Germany

Since last post: 478 days
Last activity: 366 days
#6 Posted on
Yeah there are a couple of troubles with Kidman. One thing that has already been said many times is that he needs to wear more clothes. That got me thinking about what else could he wear. I've only seen him in the jean shorts and now these tiny bikini's. Since Knoble stole his old look that leaves Kidman SOL. I'm really stumped about what he could wear and tired of thinking about it so as long as he changes his look without stealing from Torrie's wardrobe he should be fine.

My other beef with him is not really his fault at all. I'm tired of seeing him and the other cruisers in three minute matches. That's enough time for every one to tag in have a pier4, the trainwreck spot and the pin. To that I say BULLSHIT. If the Vince fucks a diva spot got pulled off Smackdown that would give another three minutes. That's still only six minutes and you know the guys in the back don't want to give up their spot for the "little guys". And I'm hoping they're not bringing in Rey so he can be in a three minute match every week. That would be such a waste of talent it's not even funny. It'd be like putting him in a wigger gimmick and having him steal peoples jewlry...



And what do we use to burn witches? More witches!!!
Dahak
Frankfurter








Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 2034 days
Last activity: 1687 days
#7 Posted on
    Originally posted by Santa Sangre
    Yeah there are a couple of troubles with Kidman. One thing that has already been said many times is that he needs to wear more clothes. That got me thinking about what else could he wear. I've only seen him in the jean shorts and now these tiny bikini's. Since Knoble stole his old look that leaves Kidman SOL. I'm really stumped about what he could wear and tired of thinking about it so as long as he changes his look without stealing from Torrie's wardrobe he should be fine.

    My other beef with him is not really his fault at all. I'm tired of seeing him and the other cruisers in three minute matches. That's enough time for every one to tag in have a pier4, the trainwreck spot and the pin. To that I say BULLSHIT. If the Vince fucks a diva spot got pulled off Smackdown that would give another three minutes. That's still only six minutes and you know the guys in the back don't want to give up their spot for the "little guys". And I'm hoping they're not bringing in Rey so he can be in a three minute match every week. That would be such a waste of talent it's not even funny. It'd be like putting him in a wigger gimmick and having him steal peoples jewlry...



The weird thing about Kidman's clothes is that they aren't much smaller than Austins, Rocks, HHH, and all the rest. Maybe they are tighter or maybe it's his body but they look like underwear. At first I thought it was the color but this week they were a different color and they still looked like underwear. So just give Kidman some damn tights already. Oh and for God's sake but the Big Show in tights NOW.
For the CW division Velocity is a good show. They get one on one 5 minute matches. Not as long as they should be but better than a 3 minute tag team match. Wrestling wise Velocity is pretty good. No excellent matches and no big names but some decent matches. But Micheal Cole sucks even more on Velocity if you can believe that.

(edited by Dahak on 14.7.02 1919)

I just have 13 words for you. How much wood would a woodchuch chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Ubermonkeys
Frankfurter








Since: 2.1.02
From: Michigan

Since last post: 3526 days
Last activity: 3400 days
AIM:  
#8 Posted on
If Savage didn't have a problem escorting his beyond over wife to the ring

I think you just stumbled onto it.

More often than not, through one way or another, the real life couples that brought it in front of the cameras end up breaking up somehow. Remember how Kevin Sullivan booked his own divorce? Savage and Liz? Kaput. Savage and George? Seeya. Mongo and Debra? Nope. Austin and Debra? Fuck, who knows.

About the only couples I can think of that broke up on screen yet stayed together are Triple H & Stephanie, The Meros, and DDP & Kim... I suspect they all survived because those 6 people as a group consist of at least 85% pure EVIL.



Go on... touch it.

VK Wallstreet
Goetta








Since: 18.6.02
From: New York, NY, USA

Since last post: 4346 days
Last activity: 4345 days
#9 Posted on
I remember when I first became a Billy Kidman detractor. He had just debuted and worked a match on Saturday Night against "Hard Work" Bobby Walker (or "Hardworkin' Bobby Walker," as ol' Dust, God bless him, used to say), which he finished with a positively awful shooting star press that saw him almost miss Walker completely but manage to slap his chest. The Internet praise started almost immediately.

He's much better now, but still -- eh. But whatever happened to the Hard Working One? I think I last saw him getting thrown into a pool at Spring Breakout. (Or maybe that was Hardbody Harrison. So much confusion.)



¡Azúcar, flores y muchos colores! Estos fueron los ingredientes elegidos para crear a la niñita perfecta. Pero el profesor Utonio agrego accidentalmente otro ingrediente a la formula: ¡la sustancia X! Y así nacieron, ¡las Chicas Superpoderosas! ¡Con sus ultra súper poderes, Bombón, Burbuja y Bellota dedican su vida a combatir el crimen y las fuerzas del mal!
ExtremeLuchador
Salami








Since: 8.6.02
From: La Arena del Treno

Since last post: 2408 days
Last activity: 1474 days
AIM:  
#10 Posted on
Walker sued WCW for racial discrimination along with Hardbody Harrison, Sonny Onoo, among others during 2000.



Quote of the week!


6/17/02 RAW HBK doing color:"That grown man is wearing makeup!"
ekedolphin
Scrapple








Since: 12.1.02
From: Indianapolis, IN; now residing in Suffolk, VA

Since last post: 134 days
Last activity: 7 days
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.52
And the guys involved in that lawsuit pretty much committed career suicide. None of them was ever heard from again in American professional wrestling.

Of course, I thought the racial discrimination suit was bullshit to begin with. If WCW was racist, how the hell could one explain Booker T's push? It wasn't a racial thing, it was just that those guys sucked!

Although Onoo was funnier than hell.



“And each and every one of you, when you see me, you will not put your eyes directly on me-- you will look to the ground and you will refer to me as 'Lord Master.'”

Kevin Nash, January 17, 2000

Two-Time, Two-Time Randomly Selected Weiner of the Day, 5/27/02 and 7/3/02

Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#12 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05

    Originally posted by ekedolphin
    And the guys involved in that lawsuit pretty much committed career suicide. None of them was ever heard from again in American professional wrestling.

    Of course, I thought the racial discrimination suit was bullshit to begin with. If WCW was racist, how the hell could one explain Booker T's push? It wasn't a racial thing, it was just that those guys sucked!

    Although Onoo was funnier than hell.



isn't oono with jarrett or the xwf or some indy place like that???



You can't fire a gun in a confined space! What are you tring to do, make us deaf?!"
"Just get out of the chopper."
"What?"
"Get out of the chopper!"
"The crops!?" - Jack Lemmon and James Garner, "My Fellow Americans", and the reason I say "The crops?" instead of "Huh?"
RawLo
Salami








Since: 9.7.02
From: San Diego, CA

Since last post: 3713 days
Last activity: 2958 days
#13 Posted on
Kidman's mic skills are "Hardy-level" at best... the crowd pops for his moves, that's about it. He can't get people to love him or hate him on the microphone... people could care less if he wins or loses. And putting him with Torrie- forget it! They did that to Tajiri and it was an instant heat-killer!
mountinman44
Sujuk








Since: 8.5.02
From: San Diego, CA

Since last post: 1259 days
Last activity: 1105 days
Y!:
#14 Posted on

    Originally posted by RawLo
    Kidman's mic skills are "Hardy-level" at best... He can't get people to love him or hate him on the microphone...


Every time I hear Kidman on the mic, I think of his "feud" with Hogan back in the "New Blood/Millionaires" days. He was horrible. Everyone on the net at the time thought he was the second coming of HBK, but he sounded like WBK, the Whiny Bitch Kid.



"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
Pages: 1Thread ahead: Help!
Next thread: Batista KOs Randy Orton
Previous thread: Confidential Thoughts
(12435 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The actual problem with WWE these days is that there's way too many PPVs, and too little change between them. They're going for the "excitement through repetition" approach, and as a result we're in month 7 of a Randy Orton vs.
- Alex, The WWE Then and Now (2009)
The W - Pro Wrestling - The Trouble with Billy KidmanRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.426 seconds.