It's all true. Going to a game with my girlfriend has become an exercise in torture. The crap she says just kills me. All I can do is shake my head and thank God I didn't take her to Fenway with me last year.
(edited by mountinman44 on 3.10.02 1830) "Don't feel bad. I've been wrestling wolves since you were on your mother's teet!" -- Groundskeeper Willie
1) No "PDA" - what a cute acronym. Spell it out as "Public Displays of Affection", Bill - or does the word "Affection" make you blush? At first, I thought he had problems with women pulling out PalmPilots in the middle of the game.
2) I've never asked that in my life.
3) No one criticizes my calls in the middle of "ER" or "Smallville", and I won't criticize anyone's calls in the middle of football games.
4) Women like long-term relationships - with cars, with men, with TV shows. Men should have figured this out by now. That's why we don't like "channel flippers".
5) We try, but sometimes even *we* can't laugh at a dud of a joke.
6) Since I've participated in football pools, I can't criticize anyone else for gambling on football. Also, given some of the "ideal fed" threads I've participated in, I can't criticize fantasy football either.
7) Cooking? Not a problem - I make a great seafood dip.
8) Also not a problem - but you'll probably have to wait for me to use the restroom first (that's probably why I'm getting up).
9) This is Wisconsin - everyone at least knows their way around the NFC North, regardless of age, sex, or creed.
10) If someone - man or woman - uttered a statement as brain-dead as this in Wisconsin, the waves of absolute derision would cut that imbecile to ribbons.
(edited by Stephanie on 4.10.02 0111) I'm going twenty-four hours a day...I can't seem to stop
I've got to agree with Bill on #4, the point about the channel surfing. Being that I manage some 13 fantasy football teams, and thus of course have the NFL Sunday Ticket package, I have developed an innate sense of timing as to when it's time to flip from game to game and how long to stay on any given game. If you're just watching to see your favorite team play that's one thing, but when you're watching ALL the games, you can't be tarrying too long on any one game.
And as for the last point...yeah, I'd be begging her for marriage too I've had girlfriends who I got way into baseball, but never a football lady. Though I did get one who was from abroad to understand how important it is for Chicago residents to hate the evil Packers.
Bears Take Group Field Trip to ER: Buffalo 33, Chicago 27 Bears go to 2-2 (next vs. Green Bay) Congratulations to the Brisbane Lions for beating my Collingwood Magpies for the AFL Premiership...we'll get you next year though! Brisbane 10 15 75 Collingwood 9 12 66
my sister's parents have the direct TV package and have 4 tv's in their living room to catch the games for their various pools...
Raw rhymed with glory. Smackdown made me all shades of happy. WWE is getting good again. The crops? Jeezum Spice! Someone stole my crops. What in the ham fat is going on. That's just poo-doo! That's just my 2.458 Yen.
To be fair to my wife - she had never been to anything but her high school's football games when we met - over the past 10 years she had sat in Mile High Stadium in single digit weather, been verbally abused at Arrowhead Stadium, sat in the Yale Bowl during a deluge and hasn't complained at all when I have flown off to places like Miami & San Diego to see a game. She takes our kids away for the whole day on Super Bowl Sunday and she was very upset when Terrell Davis retired earlier this year. I am very lucky.
Then again, I have watch The Christopher Lowell Show and Designer's Challenge whenever she gets a hold of the remote - guess it's a fair trade.
5 Time 5 Time 5 Time 5 Time 5 Time Wiener of the Day Runner-up
Originally posted by Stephanie10) If someone - man or woman - uttered a statement as brain-dead as this in Wisconsin, the waves of absolute derision would cut that imbecile to ribbons.
(edited by Stephanie on 4.10.02 0111)
Which part, because I live in Madison, and I know PLENTY of brain dead people, some of whom probably would have had that exact conversation.
Since everyone else is doing it (ok, not EVERYONE, but...)
Vikings (0-4) - Whoops, that kinda...Uh...Sucked. Hey but at least we looked better in the second half! Badgers (5-0) - *Sigh.* Bye weeks sure are boring. Twins (1-1) - Well, that wasn't so hot, now was it? Buffy 7.2 earns a 8.8 Out of 10 for being the funniest episode since "Tabula Rasa" and without the dramatic ending. It might even have scored higher if my UPN's audio didn't cut out and I didn't have to watch it in closed captioning...
The quality of announcing on Thursday Night College Football has slipped the past few years. I could live with Craig James, but the scab Flutie is just annoying. Doesn't seem like their is any chemistry in the booth, unlike the Corso/Kirk days.