I have shaved. I have unplugged my TV and my Playstation 2. I have broken out my new keyboard and my new mouse. I have made tea.
In short, I have finished the rituals, it is time to stop procrastinating and to begin writing. Today, November 1st is the first day of National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as nanowrimo (www.nanowrimo.org) The objective is to write a 50, 000 word novel during the 31 days of November. Last year, I undertook this peculiar undertaking and succeeded - even if it took me until November 31st to finish the 50, 000 words and my novel. (You can read last year’s novel starting here: http://the-w.com/???thread.php/???id=23021)
This year’s novel is not about wrestling, but I hope that people will enjoy it anyway. Originally, I was going to protect my copyright and ask people to sign up to read the novel chapter by chapter, but screw it, I am going to do like last year and post the novel chapter by chapter on the w (assuming that CRZ does not object.)
Also unlike last year, this year I am looking for sponsors. Anyone who would like to encourage me in my writing can send a contribution by paypal (Llakor@hotmail.com) I should point out that this has nothing to do with nanowrimo.org.
Now, you might be asking yourself: Why should I give Llakor money? I have no good reasons, just bad ones:
1. If I actually get even a dollar, I will probably feel obligated to finish the novel thus exponentially increasing my chances of completing the thing.
2. Anyone who gives me enough to cover postage will get some IWS memorabilia sent to them.
3. Anyone who contributes at least $20 will get sent a copy of last year’s novel sent to them some time in late December. This will be a revised and edited version of what I wrote and posted on the internet last year. I will sign and number each book that I send out.
4. If you like my When We Were Marks columns, think of it as a way of saying thanks
5. Llakor is a money-grubbing son of a bitch
Like I said, bad reasons and yet send money anyway.
NaNoWriMo is fucking hard. I have 1,400 words so far. I should be at around 5,100 by the end of today. I think I'm done already. But as soon as I quit, I get all excited about NaNoWriMo and want to carry on. And then as soon as I start, I get all discouraged and want to quit. I'm clearly an idiot.
I'd like to believe that they learned their lesson in the Clone Saga. You can't say that a character people have been reading about for decades is really a big fake withought seriously pissing people off.