This CD rocks.
It's got the title themes from all 19 official Bond films released so far, and more. Every song on the album is, in my opinion, very good to excellent. Here's a track listing:
1. “James Bond Theme” (from Dr. No
), John Barry & Orchestra
2. “Goldfinger”, Shirley Bassey
3. “Nobody Does It Better” (from The Spy Who Loved Me
), Carly Simon
4. “A View to a Kill”, Duran Duran
5. “For Your Eyes Only”, Sheena Easton
6. “We Have All The Time in the World” (from On Her Majesty's Secret Service
), Louis Armstrong
7. “Live and Let Die”, Sir Paul McCartney and Wings
8. “All Time High” (from Octopussy
), Rita Coolidge
9. “The Living Daylights”, a-ha
10. “Licence to Kill”, Gladys Knight
11. “From Russia With Love”, Matt Munro
12. “Thunderball”, Tom Jones
13. “You Only Live Twice”, Nancy Sinatra
14. “Moonraker”, Shirley Bassey
15. “On Her Majesty's Secret Service”, John Barry Orchestra
16. “The Man With the Golden Gun”, Lulu
17. “Diamonds Are Forever”, Shirley Bassey
18. “GoldenEye”, Tina Turner
19. “Tomorrow Never Dies”, Sheryl Crow
20. “The World is Not Enough”, Garbage
21. “James Bond Theme” (from Tomorrow Never Dies
22. “James Bond Theme” (from GoldenEye
Trailer, Previously Unreleased), Parodi/Fair
As I said, each of these songs is very good or excellent in my opinion. CD quality is very good, as well-- although “Moonraker” seems to suffer from some sort of unusual static. I definitely recommend picking up this CD, even if you're not a fan of the movie series.
My favorite song on the album is, of course, “The Living Daylights” by a-ha. It's just got that sort of '80s quality that sticks in your head. Hard to describe.
Hope anyone who buys it enjoys it!(edited by ekedolphin on 10.10.02 0523)
“I've been waiting long for one of us to say,
‘Save the darkness, and let it never fade away.’”
--a-ha, “The Living Daylights”, theme from The Living Daylights
Two-Time, Two-Time Randomly Selected Weiner of the Day, 5/27/02 and 7/3/02
|Promote this thread!|| |
From: Your Grocer's Freezer, NC
Since last post: 203 days
Last activity: 12 hours
|#2 Posted on 10.10.02 1008.46 |
| So there's TWO people on this board who like "Living Daylights" now? I find it ironic that John barry hates it so. . .he's a great track.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart as well for "A View To a Kill." possibly the best song about a hole in the ground ever committed to posterity.
Also glad they didn't stop (as they have in other pressings) at just sticking the themes from the most recent movie on there and added the Moby track (always liked that sample from "Goldfinger" in the break) and the music from the "Goldeneye" trailer which, sad to say, was better than the music in the movie.
"Confucious, he say, "Name go in book."