Yes, yes, for the fourth straight year(4th? I think, maybe only 3rd) it's time for the GOTY Super-poll! The poll will be on multiple forums, and the results will be tallied and revealed sometime around new year's eve/day. The only rules:
1) You MUST vote for 3 games, not 2, not 4, but three. No ties. 2) Console, PC, Handheld, all games count. 3) The game must have a US release date sometime in 2003(unless it's an import, then 2003 release date from wherever it originated)
As far as my picks go...
Shit, I'll have to get back to you on that. I have no clue yet what I want to vote for. It's been a bad year for games, IMO. There's been a lot of good games, but nothing GREAT that sticks out to me as an obvious choice.
1. NCAA Football 2004 (PS2) 2. Need for Speed Underground (XBox) 3. Mario Cart: Double Dash (GCN)
WIENER OF THE DAY! July 6, 2002!
Wienerville Survivor League Co-Champion If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink.
Advance Wars 2 Golden Sun: The Lost Age Tony Hawk Underground
The 2003 Seattle SketchFest is coming October 16 through October 25 at the Broadway Performance Hall. Featuring sketch groups from LA, Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Dallas, Chicago, Edmonton and elsewhere! (Inluding my own group "Flaming Box of Stuff")
Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath, we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish. Collin & Murphy MacManus
#3) Soul Calibur II (Gamecube edition) - Being Link and fighting against Nightmare was too cool.
#2) Knights of the Old Republic (XBox) - Oh yeaaaahhhh...this game is a wet dream for Star Wars fans. Being able to choose the color of your lightsaber is what we've dreamed about for years.
#1) Wario Ware, Inc. (GBA) - I don't ever think there's been a game that's as addictive or more fun to play as this. This game caused three people I work with to go buy GBA's after playing it just so they could play it at home.
Hail to the Redskins! Patrick Ramsey will own you! Oh, who am I kidding...
(1) Viewtiful Joe, Gamecube. I've only played the demo of this game, and IT'S so good that I play it everyday. I can't wait to pick this one up.
(2) ESPN NFL Football, Xbox. As usual, nobody bought this game, but it's one of the strongest football games out there. The presentation blows away Madden, and The Crib turns out to be more fun than you might think. And First Person Football, with some tweaks, will soon become a must have feature in future games. Plus, it's online. Are you listening, EA?
(3) NBA Street 2, Xbox. You can have your basketball sims. This game was so good that it dragged it's inspiration, NBA Jam, out of retirement. Too bad NBA Jam couldn't hang.
1. SSX 3 2. Soul Calibur II 3. GTA: Vice City OR The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
GTA: Vice City came out for PC in 2003, but it's a gray area since it was already out on PS2 last year. I had a lot of fun with this on the PC and never played the PS2 version. So, if VC is eligible, I vote for that, if not, it's WW. I LIKED the sailing.
I agree with Oliver on GTA: Vice City. It might be okay to put GTA III ahead of it (I wouldn't myself as VC was the game that got me into GTA), but to put VC below SA is silly. Ocarina of Time is way too low on this list. As is Metroid Prime.