Upon checking out their new website design (www.nwatna.com), it looks like they will be releasing three DVDs soon, and have some shirts up right now, with one taking a shot at the WWE. No word on the video game is at the site that I can see.
Edit: Sorry, I've got a pop-up blocker. I don't know if the link provides any ads or not.
(edited by Dexley's Midnight Jogger on 8.10.03 1116)
Originally posted by StingerWhy on earth are they releasing a video game?...has there ever been a fun wrestling game since Royal Rumble for the snes and sega?...wrestling video games suck, this one will be no different.
Have you ever actually PLAYED SD: Shut Your Mouth?!? Not only is it a blast (after having it for nine months, I still find it interesting) but you can spend as much time creating characters as you do actually wrestling the matches. I already have two memory cards filled up with CAW's; one with TNA/indy/retired guys and WWE guys who aren't on the current roster, and another with classic jobbers (Paul Roma, Tiger Chung Lee, Jimmy Jack Funk, etc.) Anyways, my point is, I think a lot of people have found the SmackDown series "fun".
I concur, Bulldog. I find myself buying new memory cards just to create more sets of wresters, classic guys/non-wwe and originals. I don't understand what you guys could possibly want out of a wrestling game that atleast the latest Smackdown game doesn't offer. I hope the TNA game will include a CAW mode.
I agree that the creating wrestler options are the greatest thing ... espically when you create yourself and your buddies and inject yourself into storylines ... hell, my friends and I even have a damn website based on that ... pretty damn sad, I know.
I hope that the TNA video games takes off ... more exposure for them ... I think they're on the verge and this is something that could help put them there.
"This is U.S. History, I see the globe right there." -- Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Originally posted by Darkmatcher I don't understand what you guys could possibly want out of a wrestling game that atleast the latest Smackdown game doesn't offer. I hope the TNA game will include a CAW mode.
1) For it to be on the Gamecube (or even the X-box).
2) For the actual wrestling in the game to be enjoyable. Yukes' current system just doesn't work for me.
To Make Jeb Feel Better: ;)
Note to self:
The less I post, the fewer chances I have to look like an ass.
1. Online option. If it's an EA Sports game, they could offer the possibility of playing against people on the Net. Also, TNA could offer monthly roster updates, where guys who appear on the show can get digital renderings as "official" created player file specs.
2. Matches - Steel Cage, Clockwork Orange House of Fun, Ultimate X, War Games, Tournaments.
3. Factions - Obviously Sports Entertainment X-treme, but what about Red Shirt/Black Shirt Security or Disciples of the New Church?
4. Movesets - Certain specialty moves have to be there, but the X-division wrestlers especially need to incorporate higher-quality moves. Maybe you could introduce a "blown spot" feature for highly difficult maneuvers...
5. Fans/chants - Gotta have the Heel Section. Imagine the "Indy Applause" stance and real Indy Applause. I want to hear "Holy Shit" and "Ahhhhhhhsooooooole!" in a wrestling game as well.
6. Trademark weapons - Jeff Jarrett must have his guitar. Sting gets a bat. Raven does the drop-toehold onto the chair. Shane Douglas has to pull out the chain. Kid Kash does the Smashmouth.
If done correctly, and marketed effectively under the EA Sports Big banner, this game could earn money and draw for the Show. I'm looking forward to checking it out.