The W
Views: 100040798
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
25.10.14 1148
The W - Pro Wrestling - Smackdown 9/21/07
This thread has 19 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.70
Pages: 1
(3576 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (10 total)
Alessandro
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 86 days
Last activity: 1 day
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.04
This episode featured the "biggest wedding in the history of television" (at least that's how Michael Cole described it at the beginning of the show, channeling his inner Tony Schiavone) and no one sees fit to start a thread about it?

As for the big event itself, they were actually able to pull off something that was fairly entertaining (at least as far as wrestling weddings go), but it wasn't enough for them to just have Teddy and Krystal exchange their "I do"s and then ride off into the sunset ... Nope, they had to play the stupid card and "spice" things up with a heart attack angle; I would say that having a lot of the recent wrestler deaths occur due to enlarged hearts would make this angle incredibly inappropriate, but it would really just be wasting my breath typing fingers at this point.

But if they were going to go down this dark path, couldn't they at LEAST have made me laugh by giving Teddy the line "I'm comin' to join ya Elizabeth!" before keeling over?





Mean Green Boston Celtics Message BoardUnofficial Boogeyman Fan Club MemberAre you ready for a web site so hot its gonna feel like somebody took a trayful of cookies and BAKED EM UP IN YOUR ASS


Promote this thread!
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 2 days
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.65
Man, last night had NOTHING on Billy & Chuck's fiasco of a wedding five years ago. At least that wedding featured Eric Bischoff ripping off a mask, Scooby Doo-style.

I am convinced that I am watching this show purely for MVP and Matt Hardy. For a feud that started off boring, they've easily become the best feud in the company right now. Although JBL's moment of greatness last night was pretty cool, too.

(edited by It's False on 22.9.07 1842)



It's HAMMER TIME!
CxMorgado
Boudin rouge








Since: 21.1.02
From: Boston MA is the rippen'ist town...

Since last post: 305 days
Last activity: 1 day
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.29
The whole thing was pretty hit and miss with me. Most of my enjoyment came from watching the assembled wrestlers and seeing who was actually bothering to react to things in character. I'm sure that type of continuity isn't the sort of the thing they want us to be thinking about for this type of thing, but when its so long and soooo stupid you just have to try and find the stuff worth laughing at so that you don't start wondering just exactly WHY the heel divas are all teary eyed over this wedding, or just how exactly Kelly Kelly is going to feel over Balls Mahoney running off with the ho-train (that was my girlfriends complaint; she's a big fan of that angle, mainly cuz she pretty keen on a diva she can't stand one day having to make out with a toothless fat guy on live television). Little things like CM Punk no selling the stupid arm waving R&B sing along, Vince chasing Coach and Hornswoggle to the back while still using the McMahon strut, Melina and Beth Phoenix being outraged over the ho-train as soon as they showed up, Elijah Burke's reactions to pretty much everything, Kristal's reactions to all the shenanigans up until the heart attack... all very enjoyable. The main goings on were watchable, just kind of groan inducing, but then the heart attack ending... ugh.



Biddip-bo!
SchippeWreck
Banger








Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.07
And now?

WWE.com is reporting that the heart attack was caused by hypertension aggravated by the ingestion of VIAGRA.

Russo's still with TNA, right? Just checking.



My mom says sigs are bad for you.
drjayphd
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 22.4.02
From: Long Island

Since last post: 34 days
Last activity: 4 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.99
You wanted the best, you got... Out of Context Quote of the Week.

"The Mexican rebels aren't running it back for touchdowns, so it's close." (thecubsfan)


    Originally posted by SchippeWreck
    WWE.com is reporting that the heart attack was caused by hypertension aggravated by the ingestion of VIAGRA.


I smell a Cialis or Levitra endorsement.



CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 18 hours
Last activity: 9 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
    Originally posted by SchippeWreck
    And now?

    WWE.com is reporting that the heart attack was caused by hypertension aggravated by the ingestion of VIAGRA.

    Russo's still with TNA, right? Just checking.
Russo wouldn't have written a "Vickie gives Teddy a blue pill" segment weeks earlier. (Maybe MINUTES earlier.)



Kraftwerk/Hot Chip9/24
(The W at Amazon)
Cerebus
Scrapple








Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 17 hours
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.48
    Originally posted by It's False
    Man, last night had NOTHING on Billy & Chuck's fiasco of a wedding five years ago. At least that wedding featured Eric Bischoff ripping off a mask, Scooby Doo-style


You forget the awesomeness of Kane poping up through the floor during Edge and Lita's wedding.

That was great!
sentonBOMB
Frankfurter








Since: 25.11.02
From: Jersey

Since last post: 1976 days
Last activity: 676 days
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.52
    Originally posted by CxMorgado
    The whole thing was pretty hit and miss with me. Most of my enjoyment came from watching the assembled wrestlers and seeing who was actually bothering to react to things in character. I'm sure that type of continuity isn't the sort of the thing they want us to be thinking about for this type of thing, but when its so long and soooo stupid you just have to try and find the stuff worth laughing at so that you don't start wondering just exactly WHY the heel divas are all teary eyed over this wedding, or just how exactly Kelly Kelly is going to feel over Balls Mahoney running off with the ho-train (that was my girlfriends complaint; she's a big fan of that angle, mainly cuz she pretty keen on a diva she can't stand one day having to make out with a toothless fat guy on live television). Little things like CM Punk no selling the stupid arm waving R&B sing along, Vince chasing Coach and Hornswoggle to the back while still using the McMahon strut, Melina and Beth Phoenix being outraged over the ho-train as soon as they showed up, Elijah Burke's reactions to pretty much everything, Kristal's reactions to all the shenanigans up until the heart attack... all very enjoyable. The main goings on were watchable, just kind of groan inducing, but then the heart attack ending... ugh.


The only thing I found out-of-character was CM Punk jumping up and down wanting to get on the Ho Train. Part of being Straight Edge is no promiscuous sex, and he even brought this up in an "is CM Punk the McMahon bastard?" promo a few weeks ago on Raw.
CxMorgado
Boudin rouge








Since: 21.1.02
From: Boston MA is the rippen'ist town...

Since last post: 305 days
Last activity: 1 day
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.29
    Originally posted by sentonBOMB
      Originally posted by CxMorgado
      The whole thing was pretty hit and miss with me. Most of my enjoyment came from watching the assembled wrestlers and seeing who was actually bothering to react to things in character. I'm sure that type of continuity isn't the sort of the thing they want us to be thinking about for this type of thing, but when its so long and soooo stupid you just have to try and find the stuff worth laughing at so that you don't start wondering just exactly WHY the heel divas are all teary eyed over this wedding, or just how exactly Kelly Kelly is going to feel over Balls Mahoney running off with the ho-train (that was my girlfriends complaint; she's a big fan of that angle, mainly cuz she pretty keen on a diva she can't stand one day having to make out with a toothless fat guy on live television). Little things like CM Punk no selling the stupid arm waving R&B sing along, Vince chasing Coach and Hornswoggle to the back while still using the McMahon strut, Melina and Beth Phoenix being outraged over the ho-train as soon as they showed up, Elijah Burke's reactions to pretty much everything, Kristal's reactions to all the shenanigans up until the heart attack... all very enjoyable. The main goings on were watchable, just kind of groan inducing, but then the heart attack ending... ugh.


    The only thing I found out-of-character was CM Punk jumping up and down wanting to get on the Ho Train. Part of being Straight Edge is no promiscuous sex, and he even brought this up in an "is CM Punk the McMahon bastard?" promo a few weeks ago on Raw.

Well he IS Chick Magnet Punk after all, ha ha.

But yeah, speaking as someone who is Straight Edge, I can tell you that lots of Straight Edge kids don't play by the "third rule". Its kind of like vegetarianism... it fits, but the basic premise is don't drink, smoke or do drugs, and anything else is just kind of your personal spin on it. So if he hadn't had brought up during the McMahon bastard hunt, I wouldn't have even thought twice about it. But he did, so I did, and then I shrugged it off as them just wanting an excuse to get everyone backstage. Plus then I saw Pat Patterson holding Gerald Brisco in his seat and I lost it.

And I guess I should have clarified a little, I didn't mean reacting strictly "in character", but also reacting with character.



Biddip-bo!
flairforthegold13
Kishke








Since: 1.5.03
From: Gainesville, FL.

Since last post: 2517 days
Last activity: 2504 days
AIM:  
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
Besides if Punk's indie rep is proof of anything, he's not opposed to shacking up with a lady here and there.
Thread rated: 5.70
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: IWS Blood, Sweat and Beers Detailed Results
Next thread: RAW #748 9/24/07
Previous thread: WWE Offers Rehab to All
(3576 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
With a lot of fans, the Rock could appear on WWE television once every three months, lay down in the middle of the ring, and let every wrestler on the roster pin him one by one each and every time...
- ParagonOfVirtue, The Rock at WMXX (2003)
Related threads: Smackdown 9/14/07 - ECW 9/11 and Smackdown 9/14 spoilers from Minneapolis - the CRZ timeline - SmackDown! 9-07-2007 - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - Smackdown 9/21/07Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.426 seconds.