The W
Views: 98483565
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
28.8.14 0420
The W - Pro Wrestling - Smackdown #592 12-21-10 (Page 2)
This thread has 9 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.82
Pages: Prev 1 2
(1894 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (29 total)
BigDaddyLoco
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 9 hours
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.97
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    The story that McIntyre has been booked into a TV romance with Kelly just to piss off his possessive wife is incredible; professional wrestling at its finest.

    This thread will be posted again in taped form on Friday.


Wait, what's the backstory here?

GodEatGod
Boudin rouge








Since: 28.2.02

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 1 day
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.45
Drew McIntyre is married to former (fired) Diva, Tiffany. I don't know if the story with him and Kelly is meant to be some sort of shot at her. It seems like a relatively pointless one, if it is. Hell, I'd take Tiffany over Kelly in a heartbeat. Kelly just makes me ick, for some reason.

That said, I'm one of the few who really like McIntyre and hope something comes of this, whether it's some sort of face turn saving Kelly or him being an even more dickish heel (I rather like the character idea of a basically nice guy who gets overcompetitive and just loses control in the ring...although how you jive 'nice guy' with 'making Teddy long beg like a dog', I have no idea).

I thought it was mostly a good show. I think my favorite part was Miz selling the near punt, scrambling up the ramp in terror. He looked like he was about to puke. I'm sure some may read that as Miz coming off "weak", but, to me, they've spent years and years working to make Orton's punt and Orton himself established as deadly and crippling threats. A new champ, still getting his sea legs, -should- be terrified.

I'm finally starting to thaw towards Ziggler. I just don't think he has chemistry with Kofi for some reason (whom I've also completely lost interest in). The fat jokes with Vicki are really, really wearing thin, though, especially when she's clearly not much more than average weight. How many female members of the audience do they insult every time they call her fat? It's not that hard to point out Vicki's annoying, screeching voice and demeanor, which are the reason she got over as a heel in the first place. Stop making me sympathize with her, I already hate Cena enough.



"Never piss off a hawk with a blowgun" - Conan O'Brien
thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 14 hours
Last activity: 4 hours
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
    Originally posted by GodEatGod
    Drew McIntyre is married to former (fired) Diva, Tiffany. I don't know if the story with him and Kelly is meant to be some sort of shot at her. It seems like a relatively pointless one, if it is. Hell, I'd take Tiffany over Kelly in a heartbeat. Kelly just makes me ick, for some reason.


Couples who are put together in wrestling storylines often end up together. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough that people are aware of the phenomenon.

I think WWE still actually likes Drew, but they really don't like Tiffany and this is their passive aggressive way of rooting for a divorce. Which is actually all kinds of icky.



thecubsfan.com - luchablog
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 13 hours
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.80
Here's the original thread about that domestic dispute that led to Tiffany's release.

(edited by It's False on 23.12.10 1442)


"We don't have loofahs at the Palace of Wisdom."
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 1 hour
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.81
Plus Tiffany had just tweeted a tweet on twitter about how she never wanted to go back to WWE if she had to sleep with people in power to get ahead. Ms. Insatiable is supposedly the jealous type, and the original fight that led to her release happened because she was mad at Drew for something he did at a Playboy party. So the story goes that they put him into an angle with Kelly on TV to drive her crazy.
redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 423 days
Last activity: 423 days
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.92
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    Plus Tiffany had just tweeted a tweet on twitter about how she never wanted to go back to WWE if she had to sleep with people in power to get ahead. Ms. Insatiable is supposedly the jealous type, and the original fight that led to her release happened because she was mad at Drew for something he did at a Playboy party. So the story goes that they put him into an angle with Kelly on TV to drive her crazy.








Great way to run a multi-national business.
2P4E
Boerewors








Since: 4.1.05
From: SE12, London, UK.

Since last post: 387 days
Last activity: 16 hours
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.38
    Originally posted by GodEatGod
    I rather like the character idea of a basically nice guy who gets overcompetitive and just loses control in the ring...although how you jive 'nice guy' with 'making Teddy long beg like a dog', I have no idea


Until he was tempted by the fruits of K8LYN that was basically Ziggler's deal. He hangs with Vickie even though she doesn't seem to use her consultant powers to enhance his career or act as a useful ringside accomplice very well, and he steadfastly refused to cheat on Maria with Michelle McCool. He's a nice guy who's also a bit of a dickhead. Maybe that's the in heel style right now.
redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 423 days
Last activity: 423 days
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.92
Going back to Ted DiBiase Jr. for a moment: It is funny how at this time last year he was viewed as someone who was going to breakout from Legacy and become a main eventer by the summer of '10. Considering how poor he has been as a heel, perhaps rolling the dice on a face run for him would be an idea. Doubt it would work, but, they are short-handed and he's going nowhere fast as a heel.
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 13 hours
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.32
    Originally posted by redsoxnation
    Going back to Ted DiBiase Jr. for a moment: It is funny how at this time last year he was viewed as someone who was going to breakout from Legacy and become a main eventer by the summer of '10. Considering how poor he has been as a heel, perhaps rolling the dice on a face run for him would be an idea. Doubt it would work, but, they are short-handed and he's going nowhere fast as a heel.


Whereas Cody busted out springboard enziguris and moonsaults in his first match on SD. It seemed a crime to curtail him they way they did in Legacy, and it seems Dibiase doesn't have the higher gears to use for his singles run.



"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread rated: 5.82
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread ahead: WWE Superstars
Next thread: TLC 2010 Q'n'D Results
Previous thread: NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood #14 - 12/17/10
(1894 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Actually the winner of Smackdown's mini-Rumble, Eddie, got the title shot at No Way Out, then went into WM as the champ.
- Quezzy, Final Two in the Rumble (2005)
Related threads: SmackDown #591 12-17-10 - SmackDown #590 12-10-10 - SmackDown #589 12-3-10 - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - Smackdown #592 12-21-10 (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.366 seconds.