Edge comes to the ring at the open and vents a little. Long story short, he faces Big Show tonight...no holds barred!!
- U.S. Champion Matt Hardy v. Shelton Benjamin (non-title match). Benjamin won after a pretty good match on a very quick finish. Clothesline out of nowhere that was not that devastating. Sudden end - hopefully Hardy is OK - he didn't move much after the bump.
- Mr. Kennedy v. Domino. Another pretty good match. Kennedy teased the crowd prior. MVP at ringside to commentate. KK wins after a mic check and then gets eliminated by Umaga (sans the braids) with to the delight of the magnificently-dressed MVP.
- Finlay and Hornswoggle v. WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison and The Miz (non-title match). Finlay and lad are winners after the Shillelagh to the head/tadpole splash combination. Hornswaggle delivered two impressive stunners during the match and then suffered a double dropkick from Miz/Morrison. Was that really needed to take the little guy down?
- WWE Champion HHH v. Chavo Guerrero. Trips wins after a Pedigree on Chavo. Weird matchup here. JR and Mick mostly discussed why Chavo would ever need a bodyguard.
- Jesse and Festus v. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder. Pretty fun match here as Hawkins and Ryder got intentionally counted out to sound the bell and turn Festus back to his comatose state. The beatdown went on as planned until the Edgeheads turned their attention to the big guy and left Jesse alone to find his way back to the ring bell and turn Festus back into the wrecking machine. Good idea, guys.
- Michelle McCool & Cherrie v. Neidhart & Marise. Bowling shoe ugly. Neidhart beats down MM after the match ... zzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Vladimir Kozlov v. Stevie Richards. It's Stevie! Good offense from both. Man, Koslov is a big dude. He ends it with a headbutt to the head. This was also the first time I've heard entrance music for the big Russian.
- Big Show v. Edge. Also a pretty fun match. It ended up a no Contest as Vickie Guerrero intervened to prevent Big Show from giving Edge a taste of his own Concerto. Vickie and Edge, after regaining his senses, made out disgustingly.
Originally posted by djpetti- Vladimir Kozlov v. Stevie Richards. It's Stevie! Good offense from both. Man, Koslov is a big dude. He ends it with a headbutt to the head. This was also the first time I've heard entrance music for the big Russian.
I was just getting used to Koslov's entrance. Kinda reminded me of all the (loser) jobbers in the past. Except that Koslov would win.
Reads like it was pretty decent show. Too bad I missed it. What's up" Raw, ECW & Smackdown are all pretty good now? Wow.
I was thrilled to see Shelton beat Matt Hardy. He's the right guy to take the US Title from Hardy. The "talent exchange" between ECW and Smackdown might not be ending any time soon, but it would help public perception (and Jim Ross and Mick Foley's ability to remember who is which brand) post-draft if Smackdown's titles were held by Smackdown superstars. Shelton taking the US title would bring the US belt "back to Smackdown" and would free up Matt to make a run at everybody's new favorite for some reason, ECW Champion Mark Henry.
The Divas match was just awful. Cherry wasn't even in Natalya's sharpshooter all the way before immediately tapping. Way to show "resiliency". Even Natalya was surprised. Cherry tapped faster to the sharpshooter than Razor Ramon did to Bret Hart's at the 1993 Royal Rumble. The BEST PART of the match wasn't Natalya's pretty cool snap suplex on the floor of McCool, it was the perfect timing of the WOLF WHISTLE from some fan as soon as McCool's back smacked the floor and she screamed in pain. I LOL'd, which probably wasn't what was intended to see beloved baby Michelle McCool suffer a dastardly attack on the arena floor.
I hold out hope for this MVP-Kennedy-Umaga feud to go somewhere interesting. There aren't enough storylines on Smackdown for the undercard. Besides McCool and Natalya for the Divas title and Edge's endless storyline with Vickie, most of the roster just go out there and wrestle aimlessly.
Well, when I thought about it, I couldn't find any flaws with the women, but I could with the guys. Jake = Too slow of a learner, Kenny = No charisma. But I'm guessing they'll both get developmental deals. Or at the very least, Kenny...