Once upon a time when I first set up my signature, I only used the enter key to separate my lines. Now when I see that it's increasing my breaks (by having 5 or 6 [br]'s), I go into my profile and just delete all but one. Which works, until it magically bumps up to 5 or 6 again (which I think happens the next time I edit my profile).
So right now my signature coding looks like this: It is the policy of the documentary crew to remain true observers and not interfere with its subjects. [br][br]GCWOC-Approved[br][Ty Cobb signature]
It already looks like a second [br] got popped in. Perhaps every time I go to my profile, the enter key return after "subject." is turned into a [br]? Let me see if this will work if I take out ALL [br]'s and replace them with enter key returns.
(5 minutes later)
Nope. Each profile edit adds one extra [br]. Crappy. Let's try no enter key returns, and use [br] instead...
(5 minutes later)
There we go. Apparently the enter key returns were the problem. It kept reading them as [br]'s, but also kept the initial return as well. (Looks like the same thing was happening in my bio too.)
It is the policy of the documentary crew to remain true observers and not interfere with its subjects. GCWOC-Approved
I know there was an issue with this right after we changed servers...if I can remember what it was, it probably is the same deal in the profile edit page but wasn't ever noticed and thus never fixed. I'll try to suss it out.
EDIT: Ah, it's probably the carriage return thing. You silly PCs. MAYBE it's fixed. I dunno.
Originally posted by hansen9jWell, NOW I can't make a line break between "GCWOC-Approved" and Ty Cobb, regardless if I type [br] or if I throw in some enter key return. (Same problem with the bio.) Methinks your fix broke it. :)
I've probably undone the fix, so your posts may look wrong again. If it does, I'll try harder to figure out just what the heck we'd been doing with it and try to get it consistent between the profile and your posts.
Well, the deal was Y! was going to do it in the order presented in the feed, no matter, what. Seems to defeat the purpose of a pubDate field, but I decided to go with it and list things in the feed in top down, newest first order.