They showed them on TV last night up here in Boston. All I can say is that they sold me on them with those shots. I know a lot of people here did not like the idea when they first started building them but from what I saw last night they are well worth the $50 it will cost to get up there. They look like the best seats in Baseball.
I saw it last night as well, and while Dan Shaugnessy being the first thrown off the wall would have been funny, I still miss the screen. As a positive though, I do like the return of the National League Scoreboard on the Wall. Now, onto the new Green Monster seat pool:
1) How long before objects get thrown at Manny Ramirez or the opponents left fielder from on top of the monster.
2) How many beers will be dropped onto the warning track during the season.
3) When will the first Red Sox fan decide to take the 'honorable route' off the Wall after a loss.
4) Who will be the relief pitcher that causes a Red Sox fan to take the 'honorable route' off the wall after a loss.
1) First Yankees series 2) 327 beers dropped onto the warning track 3) First Yankees series 4) Ramiro Mendoza, while the fan screams on the freefall that Mendoza was sent as a spy by the Yankees.
There is only one man left to save Vince McMahon and the WWF/E. Where have you gone Greg Gagne, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
As a Yankees fan, born and raised by expatriate upstate New Yorkers, I find it odd that I am agreeing with redsoxnation on anything. But he's right on the objects tip. It all depends on the object. Any self respecting Yankee Stadium bleacher bum (like myself) who got up on the monster is bringing his D Cells. I only wish it were me, 1989 or so, and that dweeb Mike Greenwell.
And I'm with him on the beers, give or take a couple dozen.
But that's where the similarities end.
The first Sox fan will 'do the honors' after the Sox are scratched from the playoffs. True though, it will likely come at the hands of the Yankees.
But Mendoza is hardly a mole. The Yanks, for better or worse (and I don't agree with this policy but there it is), have no need for deception, trickery or guile. Not when they can beat you with sheer checkbook power.
And the first Yankees fan forcibly ejected the hard way will likely be me.
OK, who gave me crap when I picked the Cards to finish middle of the pack in the Central this year?
Naw, I'm not gloating or anything. It sucks when your team is crippled by injuries like that. Honestly, I *DO* feel for y'all.