No. He's from Scottland. This person's a big Scott Steiner fan, so he lists his hometown as Scott-Land. This joke has replaced the Jim Backus scenes in Angel's Revenge as the funniest thing I have ever come across in my lifetime.
1) His punches looks like shit and he gets winded quickly, which doesn't amount to great brawling. I don't agree with your "technical sux" theory, but it's all a matter of taste.
2) He stutters constantly. It seems like his ideas of what to say are all mumbled together. He seems nervous on the mic, so he resorts to a hundred catch-phrases to get the audience to cheer.
3) He was way better as a heel. I still fondly remember a time in WCW where, in the middle of the match, he jumped over the barricade to argue with a fan. Good times. Besides, anyone can get over with Stacy Keibler. I mean, Test got over with Stacy Keibler. TEST, for christ's sake!
4) His suplexes are okay, but to say they're the best in the business, especially with guys like Angle and Benoit still around, is preposterous (sp?). He sure can do a belly-to-belly suplex though. Just watch Royal Rumble 2003. Skip over that tiger-suplex where he fell flat on his ass, though.
5) I'm not really a good judge on looks, so I'll say this: Jonathan Coachman looks good too. Does that make him a great announcer? No! Cosmetics over talent is Vince McMahon mentality if I've ever heard it.
6) I love the word "NATURAL muscles" in a sentence to descibe Scott Steiner.
Of course, I said, it's all a matter of taste. But to say "Stop making fun of Steiner. He rulz!" is just asking for nitpickers like me to rundown Steiner as the big waste of space that (I think) he is.
He sure was good in 1992 though. Sure was.
Oh, and Notorious F.A.B.: If you wanna' imagine the Steiners at Thanksgiving dinner, look no further than the Survivor Series 1993 poster. Apparantly, they both pose with forks and knives, while Tatanka dances around the turkey and Lex "I'm totally heterosexual" Luger does what he does best: flexes his muscles.
1) Steiner is one of the best brawlers, although his punches look weak now. 2) Steiner is good on the mic but as a heel he rules. As a heel he knows how to work the crowd and make them hate him. 3) Probably because of Stacy, but as a heel he was the man. 4) He has some wicked suplexes, the spinning belly-to-belly suplex is awesome. 5) I wouldn't know, but he does have a tough guy look goin on. His goatee, blonde hair and body make him stand out from the rest. 6) Well, he does have some of the best muscles in WWE.
Vince should just turn Steiner heel. Steiner gets over as a heel no matter what he wrestles like. Holla if ya hear me.
Originally posted by Benoit Rules AllSteiner gets over as a heel no matter what he wrestles like. Holla if ya hear me.
I really don't know.... Nobody really gives a damn about him as a face, so why would anyone care if he was a heel? Steiner used to be really good, but I yawn when I see him on TV. I don't really think he brings anything to the product anymore.
Steven & Faith... Wedding day cometh July 24th, 2004
I disagree. I thought, while his skill level wasn't great, the character was compelling, but he wasn't given enough time to make an impact. I would have to agree with "willmysensesfail" though - an Undertaker/Mordecai feud could have been good.