The W
Views: 133998750
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
18.6.18 0658
The W - Current Events & Politics - Rumsfeld: Dirty, Dirty Liar!
This thread has 8 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.58
Pages: 1
(1508 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (8 total)
ThreepMe
Morcilla








Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 5035 days
Last activity: 4694 days
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.08
http://www.moveon.org/ censure/caughtonvideo/

I wonder how good it must have felt to be sitting there waiting for the B.S., then BLAMO!

Poor Rummy, he had that proverbial "hand in the cookie jar" look on his face.

HA!



"Are you kidding me? A soda with MY name on it? Now more than ever, SODAS RULE!" - Edge to Christian Smackdown Sept 7th 2000
Promote this thread!
Grimis
Scrapple








Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 2603 days
Last activity: 1057 days
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.29
You're going to have to come up with something a little more credible than the Bank of George Soros(and incidentally a group that is being investigated for 527 violations) to pass the smell test.



ThreepMe
Morcilla








Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 5035 days
Last activity: 4694 days
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.08
    Originally posted by Grimis
    You're going to have to come up with something a little more credible than the Bank of George Soros(and incidentally a group that is being investigated for 527 violations) to pass the smell test.


I thought video footage of catching him in a flat out lie was plenty credible enough. All the violations in the world doesn't change what happened in that video.

And if by "smell test" you mean "blind faith," then you are absolutely correct.

A picture is worth a 1000 words...Video is worth a million.



"Are you kidding me? A soda with MY name on it? Now more than ever, SODAS RULE!" - Edge to Christian Smackdown Sept 7th 2000
PalpatineW
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: Getting Rowdy

Since last post: 4164 days
Last activity: 4006 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
The neat thing is that nowhere in that video does Rumsfeld say Iraq is an imminent threat.



In Theo We Trust
ThreepMe
Morcilla








Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 5035 days
Last activity: 4694 days
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.08
    Originally posted by PalpatineW
    The neat thing is that nowhere in that video does Rumsfeld say Iraq is an imminent threat.


But he did say that he NEVER said Iraq was an imminent threat.

And he did. And was called out on it.

Nice try.

Next.



"Are you kidding me? A soda with MY name on it? Now more than ever, SODAS RULE!" - Edge to Christian Smackdown Sept 7th 2000
PalpatineW
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: Getting Rowdy

Since last post: 4164 days
Last activity: 4006 days
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
I can't play the video at the moment, for fear of waking folks up, but I will guarantee he never said Iraq was an imminent threat. More imminent != imminent.

If event X is going to happen in ten years, and event Y in nine years, is it proper to say that event Y is "more imminent" than evenet X, though neither event by itself would be termed imminent?



In Theo We Trust
rockdotcom_2.0
Frankfurter








Since: 9.1.02
From: Virginia Beach Va

Since last post: 1915 days
Last activity: 115 days
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.10
    Originally posted by PalpatineW
    I can't play the video at the moment, for fear of waking folks up, but I will guarantee he never said Iraq was an imminent threat. More imminent != imminent.

    If event X is going to happen in ten years, and event Y in nine years, is it proper to say that event Y is "more imminent" than evenet X, though neither event by itself would be termed imminent?




He claimed to never have said that Iraq was an "IMMEDIATE" threat. After which a quote from him was read back to him where he did in fact call Iraq an immediate threat.


Dont be mad because the Bullshit in Washington is starting to smell.



Well, well, well. If it isn't the serious, elusive, Leroy Green. I've been waiting a long time for this Leroy. I am sick and tired of hearing these bullshit Superman stories about the wassa legendary Bruce Leroy catching bullets with his teeth. Catches bullets with his teeth? Nigga please.
Leroy
Boudin blanc








Since: 7.2.02

Since last post: 962 days
Last activity: 962 days
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.99
    Originally posted by rockdotcom_2.0
    He claimed to never have said that Iraq was an "IMMEDIATE" threat. After which a quote from him was read back to him where he did in fact call Iraq an immediate threat.


    Dont be mad because the Bullshit in Washington is starting to smell.


It's splitting hairs, really. They knew exactly how to spin it, without actually using the word "imminent". So they can say, "We never said 'imminent'".

Then, they go on and on about what a danger he is/was to the rest of the world - how he had all these weapons, and was plotting to do all this stuff, but he was never an "imminent" threat. You should be scared shitless of him, but he's not an "imminent" threat.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if they start a comparison between an "immediate threat" and an "imminent threat".

They painted such a picture of Hussein that I expected his sons to look like Seth Green and a mini-Hussein to be at his side.




"He's like Billy Joel, if Billy Joel didn't suck."
- Ted C. on Jonathan Richman
Thread rated: 4.58
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Al-Qaida has nukes? Oh, joy...
Next thread: Democrats in Idaho fumble
Previous thread: McCain says Kerry, "not weak on defense."
(1508 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
It sounds like things are getting a bit ugly in the War Room (story.news.yahoo.com)
- spf, Rumsfeld = McNamara? (2003)
The W - Current Events & Politics - Rumsfeld: Dirty, Dirty Liar!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2018 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.213 seconds.