The W
Views: 98934047
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
16.9.14 0829
The W - Pro Wrestling - Rumored Wrestlemania Card Rumors (Page 3)
This thread has 25 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.43
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
(1895 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (79 total)
steven87gill
Polska kielbasa








Since: 14.1.11

Since last post: 29 days
Last activity: 29 days
#41 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.00
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    Of course, it always goes without saying that they could scrap everything tomorrow and build to Cena/Orton instead. Last year there was a plan from the start and they stuck to it, but at this time two years ago the planned lineup for WM25 was

    Cena vs. Orton for the Raw world title
    HHH vs. Edge for the SD world title
    Michaels vs. JBL for slavery freedom
    Undertaker vs. Kozlov for the streak
    Jeff Hardy vs. Christian for being a secret assassin

    and then everything was rearranged the weekend of the Royal Rumble.


Orton vs Cena would only really work if you were intent on turning one of them heel, likely Cena, now in some ways a Cena turn is overdue, but then again, i remember back to 2001, being a young 14 year old WWF fan and being heartbroken that my hero had joined his biggest enemy vince mcmahon, i'm sure there were plenty of smart fans back then who were jizzing in there pants at the prospect of a heel Austin and lauging at gullible young idiots like me back then, just like how some smart fans now would love to see all the young Cena fans faces as he tells them to stick it.

So i can't really blame Vinnie for only just coming round to the idea of turning his top money maker to the dark side, i mean the last time he tried something like this, it didn't exactly go to plan did it? In some ways the WWE to this day have never really won back the fans it lost when they did what they did in 01'

You know what, in a way, (without sounding like a complete loser) i never have really quite forgave WWE for what they did to my beer swilling hero in 01' :):):):)


redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 442 days
Last activity: 442 days
#42 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.16
    Originally posted by steven87gill
      Originally posted by JustinShapiro
      Of course, it always goes without saying that they could scrap everything tomorrow and build to Cena/Orton instead. Last year there was a plan from the start and they stuck to it, but at this time two years ago the planned lineup for WM25 was

      Cena vs. Orton for the Raw world title
      HHH vs. Edge for the SD world title
      Michaels vs. JBL for slavery freedom
      Undertaker vs. Kozlov for the streak
      Jeff Hardy vs. Christian for being a secret assassin

      and then everything was rearranged the weekend of the Royal Rumble.


    Orton vs Cena would only really work if you were intent on turning one of them heel, likely Cena, now in some ways a Cena turn is overdue, but then again, i remember back to 2001, being a young 14 year old WWF fan and being heartbroken that my hero had joined his biggest enemy vince mcmahon, i'm sure there were plenty of smart fans back then who were jizzing in there pants at the prospect of a heel Austin and lauging at gullible young idiots like me back then, just like how some smart fans now would love to see all the young Cena fans faces as he tells them to stick it.

    So i can't really blame Vinnie for only just coming round to the idea of turning his top money maker to the dark side, i mean the last time he tried something like this, it didn't exactly go to plan did it? In some ways the WWE to this day have never really won back the fans it lost when they did what they did in 01'

    You know what, in a way, (without sounding like a complete loser) i never have really quite forgave WWE for what they did to my beer swilling hero in 01' :):):):)










There has been a segment on this board begging for a Cena heel turn dating back to '05. If they do a turn, it will be Orton, because if they couldn't/wouldn't pull the trigger on Cena turning to Nexus in the fall of '10, why would they have him do a quick turn now?
Big Bad
Scrapple








Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 8 hours
#43 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.80
Would anyone object greatly to this Mania card?

*Miz vs. Cena for the WWE title

*Edge vs. Morrison (Rumble winner) for the World title

*Undertaker and Big Show vs. Barrett/Zeke/Gabriel/Slater...creates intrigue with handicap match, plus concept of Big Show being pinned and costing UT his streak

*Orton vs. Punk

*Triple H vs. Sheamus

*20-man 'legends of WCW' battle royale. Rey acts as the 'host' of the event, which brings back Jericho to badmouth WCW and also enter himself into the mix. Includes Chavo, Regal and Dustin Rhodes from the current roster and any big WCW stars that could be convinced to return. Ideally, you'd have the likes of Sting, Flair, Nash, DDP, Booker T, Goldberg, Vader, Simmons, Malenko, Kidman, etc. You could have Cody Rhodes enter himself as 'WCW legacy' to get him in the mix and on the card

*Kingston vs. Del Rio, IC title

*Money in the Bank featuring Ziggler, Henry, R-Truth, McIntyre, Christian, Kane, Swagger, Bryan, Bateman

*Laycool, Maryse, Melina, Awesome Kong vs. Natalya, Beth, Eve, Kim, Kelly, elimination match for the Divas title

*Santino/Kozlov vs. the Usos as a dark match for the tag belts
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 76 days
Last activity: 75 days
#44 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.00
Edge Vs. Morrison is a gangbusters idea, especially if Edge started playing snarky tweener.
Quezzy
Knackwurst








Since: 6.1.02
From: The Moon

Since last post: 28 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
#45 Posted on
This will probably be an unpopular but I'd love to see Sting vs. Triple H. I know that HBK/Sting is a dream match because HBK is THE WWE guy and Sting is THE WCW guy But Triple H is a "WWE guy" more than anyone else on the roster besides Taker. It would still be two huge names and I think it would be a good match.



Lance's Response:

THAT IS AWESOME!
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 76 days
Last activity: 75 days
#46 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.00
The problem with doing a potential Sting match this year is that there are three guys - HHH, Shawn, UT - who would be the only real "WWE" options, and all of them are carrying various injuries and/or ring rust and/or retirement. Sting needs a good worker in good condition to get a memorable match out of him at this stage. Cena's the only other option and actaully kinda makes sense given Cena's baby-kissing persona is pretty much early '90s Stinger, but what a booking headache that match would be.
PaulKTF
Summer sausage








Since: 26.5.06

Since last post: 1142 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#47 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.00
Wouldn't the WWE have to do a bunch of video packages to remind the current WWE fanbase who Sting is (or introduce him, most likely)?

God, he's still doing the Crow gimmick 14 years later. There's an entire generation of WWE fans who not only doesn't know who Sting is, they also don't know what The Crow is either.
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 21 min.
#48 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.92
You would think with 24/7, WCW DVDS, TNA and so on even the WWE fan would know who Sting is. Hell, if they picked one of the three Flair DVDS, they would know who Sting is. I don't think the kids would know, but the fans who can actually afford to go to Mania will. Mania has turned into a quasi smark event thus people would know who Sting is, they popped for Steamboat, they will pop for Sting. I doubt Sting is coming since, TNA seems to pushing hard for him to return.

I do think, Sting is a double edge sword for both WWE and TNA. WWE would have to admit there is another TV wrestling company out there to really push Sting as a legit bad ass and not some guy who is coming out of retirement in his late 40s. For TNA, losing Sting even for the HOF would be bad since, it would make the WWE HOF more legit then anything TNA would do down the road. I just think Sting has never cared for Vince and unless, they can get Flair back for this thing then I am not sure how well a WCW HOF will be without two of the biggest WCW stars of all time in attendance.

I like some of the matches Big Bad put forth like Taker/Big Show vs. Nexus and Edge/Morrison. Yet, I think Cena/Miz is not something I went to see a two month build for while PuNexus could probably go that long and have a better match. WWE has just done a terrible job of building faces of late that it won't shock me to see a heel vs. heel match at Mania for one of the titles or someone turn face for no reason in the coming weeks.

(edited by lotjx on 17.1.11 0825)
PaulKTF
Summer sausage








Since: 26.5.06

Since last post: 1142 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#49 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.00
    Originally posted by lotjx
    You would think with 24/7, WCW DVDS, TNA and so on even the WWE fan would know who Sting is. Hell, if they picked one of the three Flair DVDS, they would know who Sting is. I don't think the kids would know, but the fans who can actually afford to go to Mania will. Mania has turned into a quasi smark event thus people would know who Sting is, they popped for Steamboat, they will pop for Sting. I doubt Sting is coming since, TNA seems to pushing hard for him to return.
    (edited by lotjx on 17.1.11 0825)


A huge part of WWE's fanbase doesn't have or can't get 24/7 and doesn't buy the DVDs of WCW guys because they're "the old guys". The problem in targeting the product towards kids is that when they roll out the older guys like Sting, much of their fanbase who are buying the PPVs are clueless.

lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 21 min.
#50 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.92
That is the kids' problems. The regular WWE who gets Mania every year knows who Sting is. TNA gets over a million viewers and they I would guess a good chunk of those guys also watches WWE, so they will know who Sting is. If the kids don't know who Sting is, tough for them. We have had Cena, Hornswoggle and other new crap shoved down our throat, give a little something to the long time wrestling fan. I also doubt the $60 plus price is going to endear many parents in this economy to pay Mania anyway. If they do, they are going to buy it for Cena anyways, they can play with their crappy Mattel figures while a Sting match or HOF segment goes and the parents may enjoy the match or they may learn to respect the guy much like Steamboat did. Mania is supposed to more then just for the kiddies anyway.
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 76 days
Last activity: 75 days
#51 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.00
Yes, the highest-drawing PPV of WWE's year should go out of its way to cater to te hardcore wrestling fan demographic.

I'm glad to hear that Ricky Steamboat finally learned to respect Sting, though.
PaulKTF
Summer sausage








Since: 26.5.06

Since last post: 1142 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#52 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.00
    Originally posted by lotjx
    That is the kids' problems. The regular WWE who gets Mania every year knows who Sting is. TNA gets over a million viewers and they I would guess a good chunk of those guys also watches WWE, so they will know who Sting is. If the kids don't know who Sting is, tough for them. We have had Cena, Hornswoggle and other new crap shoved down our throat, give a little something to the long time wrestling fan. I also doubt the $60 plus price is going to endear many parents in this economy to pay Mania anyway. If they do, they are going to buy it for Cena anyways, they can play with their crappy Mattel figures while a Sting match or HOF segment goes and the parents may enjoy the match or they may learn to respect the guy much like Steamboat did. Mania is supposed to more then just for the kiddies anyway.


People actually want to see Sting wrestling in 2011 in the main event of the biggest PPV of the year? Really?
GRL
Frankfurter








Since: 13.7.02
From: Austin

Since last post: 29 days
Last activity: 46 min.
#53 Posted on
You're right, you're absolutely right. I'd much rather see Triple H/Sheamus again or Cena winning the title or even UT/Kane at WrestleMania, then get to see the one guy who hasn't made a Mania appearance (or hell, a true WWE appearance) come in for a one-off that would give the show a unique feel versus whatever the repeat card for Backlash turns out to be.



"Maybe I'm getting off topic, but this thread already sucks, so I don't feel bad about it. " -LotusMegami


"The only way TV Gangrel could change is if Real Gangrel changed." -Filipino Elvis
odessasteps
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: MD, USA

Since last post: 90 days
Last activity: 57 days
#54 Posted on
    Originally posted by GRL
    You're right, you're absolutely right. I'd much rather see Triple H/Sheamus again or Cena winning the title or even UT/Kane at WrestleMania, then get to see the one guy who hasn't made a Mania appearance (or hell, a true WWE appearance) come in for a one-off that would give the show a unique feel versus whatever the repeat card for Backlash turns out to be.


reading from bottom up, I thought this would be about someone complaining about Lawler finally getting a WM match.

I would however agree that I don't need to see Real Estate Steve at WM. Old school Sting is a different story. :>



Mark Coale
Odessa Steps Magazine
ISSUE FOUR - OCTOBER 2009
JimBob Skeeter
Bratwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: MN

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 33 min.
#55 Posted on
    Originally posted by PaulKTF
      Originally posted by lotjx
      That is the kids' problems. The regular WWE who gets Mania every year knows who Sting is. TNA gets over a million viewers and they I would guess a good chunk of those guys also watches WWE, so they will know who Sting is. If the kids don't know who Sting is, tough for them. We have had Cena, Hornswoggle and other new crap shoved down our throat, give a little something to the long time wrestling fan. I also doubt the $60 plus price is going to endear many parents in this economy to pay Mania anyway. If they do, they are going to buy it for Cena anyways, they can play with their crappy Mattel figures while a Sting match or HOF segment goes and the parents may enjoy the match or they may learn to respect the guy much like Steamboat did. Mania is supposed to more then just for the kiddies anyway.


    People actually want to see Sting wrestling in 2011 in the main event of the biggest PPV of the year? Really?


I don't see any mention of the main event in that paragraph. You don't think that IF it does happen and IF there is a match with Sting vs anyone in Atlanta, that the pop alone from Sting walking down the aisle (match or not)in the Georgia Dome alone would be well worth whatever they would have to pay him? This 42 year old man would actually consider buying the PPV just for that.
SC
Potato korv








Since: 11.12.01
From: Valparaiso, IN

Since last post: 1290 days
Last activity: 624 days
AIM:  
#56 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    Sting needs a good worker in good condition to get a memorable match out of him at this stage.


A memorable normal match, sure, but a memorable Mania match? They've gotten "memorable" out of Vince McMahon a bunch of times (though they went to that well one too many times). You give Sting and Taker or Sting and HHH or Sting and Shawn enough purposely dramatic "stuff" with near-falls and run-ins and surprises and all that, and I think they can do something fine over 15 minutes even if rusty or not 100% or just plain old.

As for the kids, kids are pushovers. Kids will chant and yell about anything, especially if they're at WrestleMania which almost surely has them greatly excited. If enough people are going nuts for Sting and chanting "Sting" or shouting or cheering, the kids will get on board, and I expect Mania has enough adults who know who Sting is in Atlanta to get that rolling.

Plus the idea would just be a one-off, so if it's neat it's neat and if it sucks, oh well.



| TAPE MACHINES ARE ROLLING! |
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 76 days
Last activity: 75 days
#57 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.00
Good points, Christ, although given that UT is still injured and probably will be at 'Mania that match would likely be a challenge.

All this is probably moot anyhow, given that the online rumblings would seem to suggest a return to TNA is looming in Sting's future. I fear we're headed for a Goldberg match instead.
odessasteps
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: MD, USA

Since last post: 90 days
Last activity: 57 days
#58 Posted on

I also think Spiteful Vince likely wouldn't sign the one person who never came to the WWF for a big payday at WM, even if it was to job him out to one of his regulars.

Same as I think people fantasy booking a WCW-themed HOF are a little delusional. Personally, I think the only people that qualify that might get in are WWE employees like Arn and Michael Hayes (with Ron Simmons an outside chance).





Mark Coale
Odessa Steps Magazine
ISSUE FOUR - OCTOBER 2009
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 7 min.
#59 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
    Originally posted by odessasteps
    Same as I think people fantasy booking a WCW-themed HOF are a little delusional. Personally, I think the only people that qualify that might get in are WWE employees like Arn and Michael Hayes (with Ron Simmons an outside chance).


If the WCW-themed HOF concept hadn't originated in the Observer I don't think anyone but the most fantastical of fantasy bookers would expect it. That it would be mostly WWE employees went without saying. Arn, Hayes, Teddy Long, Ron Simmons, and Malenko will all go in as company guys, they'll invite Luger to make him sing for his supper, they'll work out a deal with one of Sting and Goldberg, and they'll round it out with whichever '60s/'70s guys someone in the inner circle gets approved.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 7 min.
#60 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
Scott Christ as I live and breathe.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Thread rated: 5.43
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Thread ahead: Alex Shelley out with a broken collarbone
Next thread: NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood #18 - 1/14/11
Previous thread: CM Punk gets his ass kicked by a 10 year old?
(1895 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
There were two MTV wrestling specials, one featured Triple H and Chyna, the other featured Tony Atlas and other indy workers.
- IPowerbombedKidman, That's John Cena on DSC!!! (2002)
Related threads: WrestleMania Plans - documentarian Werner Herzog on Wrestlemania - At 18-0, who tries to break The Streak next year? - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - Rumored Wrestlemania Card Rumors (Page 3)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.595 seconds.