My parents are in town staying with me this week, which is my excuse for completely spacing on this.
30-Man Royal Rumble Match: So few competitors have been announced, and even fewer have a real shot at winning. Roman Reigns, I guess, though I think it would make more sense to have a Smackdown wrestler win.
30-Woman Royal Rumble Match: Asuka seems too obvious of a choice, and they can eliminate her without having her streak broken, so why not give the rub to someone else? I'll say the win goes to Nia Jax, to continue the Jax/Bliss story.
Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane, Triple Threat Match for the Universal Championship: Yeah, Lesnar wins.
A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn, Handicap Match for the WWE Championship: Having Owens and Zayn as co-champs would create some fun moments, but would do a number on its credibility. Styles wins and retains.
Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan vs. The Bar, Raw Tag Team Championship Match: Jordan does something stupid to cost his team the titles.
The Usos vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin, Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: I wish I would've seen more personality from Benjamin and Gable to this point. The champs win and retain.
@gregmparks - live Tweeting of Raw and Impact, wrestling thoughts and other slices of life.
30M. Daniel Bryan. Nope. I think Smackdown wins it. I don't think we get a cross brand challenger. I want them to take a risk and go Rusev or Big E. Ill go with Nakamura. See if they try to rehab him some. Plus we'll either get sudoheel Nak or Styles. My dark horse is Finn.
LesnarWinsLoL. They should pull the Braun trigger, but won't until it's way too late.
I have no idea with the RAW tags. Dean being out messes this up. I say they retain the titles. Leads to a match with Shield vs Angle and Son for the belts. They don't lose em, just Dean comes back and want the belt.
Benjamin and Gable. DUIs are looked down upon by Vince I heard.
Nakamura for the Rumble, but not sure that it is deserved. Has to be a Smackdown guy with the Raw PPV in February, unless they use that as a swerve! I'd quite like Finn to win it and go to Smackdown but don't see it happening. Roman winning would be hilarious and would be great to see for the crowd reactions! Worth happening just for that!
Becky for the womens Rumble. Very little chance but she deserves it for putting up with her year and still getting great reactions every time she is out. Ronda winning would make sense in some ways, but doubt they would do that unannounced so don't see it happening. Jax will look good. Just keep Stephanie out of the ring at the end to raise the hand of the winner and starting a Yes chant.
Lesnar unfortunately. Just give it to Braun and have some fun rather than someone turning up every month to get beat down and then win the match at the PPV. Just because a plan was made last year for the super showdown that everyone wants to see at Mania doesn't mean you should stick with it. People dislike it for a reason, so change it as you listen to the fans. When it suits you.
Styles wins, probably surprisingly easily.
The Bar win so it leads to Seth v Jason at Mania.
Gable needs to have a belt around his waist so give it to him here.
205 good guys will win if they have a match as well.
1st. Bayley 30th. Lita. She hasn't had the tv presence recently. I don't remember at least. They need so early 2000 legends. Most Eliminations. Nia Jax. Hope she gets an Icebox chant. Longest. Bayley. She'll end up final 4 and Banks will toss her.
1st. Wyatt. 2nd Balor to end their minifeud that never finished. 30th. Tempted to go Shane here. If Kami wins might go that way. Ill pick Matt Hardy. Gets tossed fast to help break him. Most Eliminations. Rusev. Longest. Finn. Similar to Bayley, I know.
Surprise returns: Trish, Lita, NXT Payton. Jeff Hardy, both NAO guys, NXT No Way Jose, and Zigler.
Heel 205 trio.
The US Title open challenge intrigues me. Could they go Owens/Zayn for both titles? Have Owens try to give Zayn the US Title so he can be sold World Champ? I say Woods challenges and Roofs retains.
1) 30 Man Royal Rumble - First two: Elias and Aiden English - #30: Miz - Longest: Elias, as Cena will be entered in a later slot. - Shortest: Curt Hawkins - Surprises: Alister Black (NXT), Hideo Itami (205), Devon (legend on crew), Tommy Dreamer (Philly/ECW reasons), Bob Backlund (out of the blue) - Final 4: Miz, Reigns, Nakamura, Orton - Final 2: Miz, Nakamura - Winner: Nakamura - Most eliminations: Baron Corbin
2) 30 Woman Royal Rumble - First two: Bayley and Ruby Riott - #30: Trish Stratus - Longest: Sasha Banks - Surprises: Trish, Lita, Iconic Duo (NXT), can't figure out other NXT's since it is interchangable - Final 4: Sasha, Becky, Natalya, Asuka - Final 2: Becky, Asuka - Winner: Asuka - Most eliminations: Nia Jax
3) Lesnar/Strowman/Kane (Triple Threat Universal Title Match) - Lesnar with the F5 on Kane to retain.
4) Styles/Owens and Zayn (Handicap Match for the WWE Title) - Styles with the Styles Clash on Owens after miscommunication on the heel side.
5) Rollins & Jordan/ The Bar (Raw Tag Team Title Match) - The Bar wins the title with the Brogue Kick on Rollins after Jordan turns on Rollins, leading to the walk-off win.
6) Usos/Benjamin & Gable (2 out of 3 falls for the Smackdown Tag Team Title Match) - Usos get fall win with a Superkick, B&G get fall 2 with rollup using the tights, B&G win titles on fall 3 with Gable clothesline from the top rope.
A) Bobby Roode open challenge for the US Title - Ziggler returns, but ends up getting pinned with the Glorious DDT.
B) Anderson & Gallows/Revival - Revival gets revenge from Monday Night Raw with the Shatter Machine.
C) Kalisto, Lince Dorado, & Gran Metalik/TJP, Gallagher, & Gulak - Kalisto wins for his team with the Salida del Sol on TJP, TJP's downward spiral continues.
I've whiffed on way too many of these of late. Time been getting away. For me, the Royal Rumble is the only remaining 'must watch' WWE event, so we'll see how that goes this year.
30-Man Royal Rumble Match: The smart money seems to all be on Nakamura, with the prevailing view that it will be a Smackdown winner. Sadly, my money has proven itself over the journey to be particularly stupid. Therefore I'm picking Baron Corbin to win.
30-Woman Royal Rumble Match: Surely the WWE have learnt from the debacle of the first women's MITB match? And they won't do anything really dumb for 'heat'? I did hear that Stepho will be on commentary for this match, so that will be totes enjoyable. She wouldn't be a surprise entrant would she? They wouldn't overshadow the actual performers in a first for the women again with Sportz EntertainmentTM would they? You know what; I've talked myself into it. Stephanie MacMahon is a surprise entrant and wins!
Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane, Triple Threat Match for the Universal Championship: Yeah, Lesnar wins. LOL
A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn, Handicap Match for the WWE Championship: Yeah, Hmmm. Styles wins and retains.
Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan vs. The Bar, Raw Tag Team Championship Match: I think The Bar wins this
The Usos vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin, Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: I have Gable & Benjamin winning with the drinky, drinky Uso taking the falls.
You are all deulding yourselves if you think there is, was, or will be any other plan but the one you know. Reigns wins and fights Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Resistance is futile.
- First: Nakamura so he gets his full entrance - #30: You know what? I'm gonna call Jericho in fun little spot for the smarks. Vince will pay him plenty to show ass for a bit, NJPW probably won't care. - Longest: Nakamura - Shortest: Chris Jericho - Surprises: Jericho, Lars Sullivan, Strowman (I love the surprise entrant who has a match later on move. How long has it been since they've done that?) - Final 4: Reigns, Cena, Nakamura, Strowman - Winner: Reigns - Most eliminations: Strowman
2) 30 Woman Royal Rumble - First two: Sasha and Bayley - Longest: Sasha Banks - Surprises: Lita, Ember Moon - Final 4: Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, Tamina - Winner: Asuka - Most eliminations: Tamina
3) Lesnar/Strowman/Kane (Triple Threat Universal Title Match) - Lesnar pins Kane cause duh
4) Styles/Owens and Zayn (Handicap Match for the WWE Title) - Owens/Zayn, kicking off much hilarity
5) Rollins & Jordan/ The Bar (Raw Tag Team Title Match) - The Bar
6) Usos/Benjamin & Gable (2 out of 3 falls for the Smackdown Tag Team Title Match) - B&G
A) Bobby Roode open challenge for the US Title - Dunno. I'm gonna call Rusev day cause why not. Rusev wins too!
B) Anderson & Gallows/Revival - Revival
C) Kalisto, Lince Dorado, & Gran Metalik/TJP, Gallagher, & Gulak - heels. Drew Gulak rules, so I'm gonna say he gets the pin.
I just realized with all the RAW25 hype this month they never ran those "by the numbers" video packages! I assume they will during the PPV itself...but I'll be there in person! I've been at the two past Philly Rumbles (when you-know-who and Roman won, respectively) and it'll be insanely stupid to have Roman win again *here* of all places.
Also going to NXT Takeover but not the RAW & SD! tapings...
Men's Rumble: Nakamura Women's Rumble: Asuka AJ Styles Lesnar Rollins & JJ The Usos Bobby Roode 205 Lucha-Trio The Revival
I was talking to my friend about who I think will win and when I said Asuka and Nakamura would both win. He pointed out that they are both Japenese, which obviously I knew, but didn't think about both winners being Japanese. That just convinced me even more that they'll win so the WWE can now make the push for the Japanese market since they've moved on from the Jinder India push.
Other predictions. Men's Battle Royal Winner - Nakamura First - Balor 30th - Jericho Longest - Balor Shortest - Curt Hawkins Surprises - Jericho, is MVP still a surprise after showing up at Raw 25?, I'll also throw out there Neville and...let's say Ellsworth. Also, I'll say Ziggler DOESN'T return here. Final 4 - Balor, Nakamura, Reigns, Big E (mainly because I think he should win) Most Eliminations - Cesaro
Women's Battle Royal Winner - Asuka First - Sasha 30th - Stephanie Longest - Sasha Shortest - Dana Brooke Surprises - I think we'll see Trish, Lita, Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly, Torrie Wilson, Ember Moon, Baszler and Iconic Duo. Don't know how big of surprises these are since they were all either on Raw 25, work closing with the company or are NXT wrestlers and we know they have to fill some spots with NXT wrestlers. Final 4 - Sasha, Becky, Asuka, Ruby Riott Most Eliminations - Becky
What the hell, I'll say Owens/Sami win based just on the fact that it's a weird stipulation to have and then not run with.
I think Rollins/JJ will retain despite more seeds of a break up.
Pre-Show matches I'll take Roode, Gallows/Anderson, Team Gulak.
Damn. I thought this was going to be a thread about Sting and Robocop. That would have been cool. Actually, with Cena's old "Prototype" gimmick, HE could come to RAW and free Kane from a cage that HHH put him in. Best segement ever.