They had a PPV tonight, which was taped back at the beginning of December.
- Shark Boy beat Frankie "The Future" Kazarian.
- Konnan beat Nate "Spyder" Webb in three seconds. Only three seconds? Yep. Perry Saturn ran to the ring before the match and killified Webb, then Konnan came out and put one finger on him for the pin.
- Johnny Swinger & Buff Bagwell beat Norman Smiley & Malice when Swinger pinned Smiley.
- Teo defeated Puppet in a midget match, with Midajah served as special guest referee. After the match, Perry Saturn ran out, beat up Teo and Puppet, then claimed Midajah as his valet.
- New WWA commissioner Mike Sanders pinned Joe E. Legend (formerly "Just Joe" in the WWF).
- NWA champion Jeff Jarrett beat Nathan Jones after hitting him with a guitar.
- Sabu beat Simon Diamond and Perry Saturn in a triple-threat hardcore match when he pinned Diamond. During the match, Teo and Puppet came out, caned Saturn, and ripped Midajah's dress off to get revenge.
- Lex Luger beat Sting to win the vacant WWA Title after Jeff Jarrett hit Sting with three guitars.
Ugh. This PPV was just a disappointment. If I'd actually paid for it, I'd be pissed. The match between Joe E. and Sanders was good, and the Jarrett/Jones match was watchable, but other than that, it sucked.
And imagine Schwarzenegger with a beer gut. That's what Luger looked like. Sting still looks pretty good though; I've really missed seeing him, and I wish WWE would sign him. At least he's not a shell of his former self like Steiner.
Anyway, thumbs down for this PPV. I just wish the WWA could hire talent that would stick around. They lost their champion to WWE and half their roster to TNA. I also wish they'd either get a TV deal or vanish of the face of the earth. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone, and a TV deal would make me care more about them.
This PPV is just about exactly what I expected from WWA...so you can probably imagine just how low my expecations were.
WWA and TNA kinda have an incestuous sharing thing going on, given Borash's involvement. You may have noticed a lot of the TNA music library behind many of the entrances.
Konnan is an unbelievably bad commentator. Disco is getting better, but soooooooooooooo verrrrrrrrrry sloooooooooooooooooowly. Borash is actually finding a groove as a play-by-play announcer - I'm shocked!
The Glasgow crowd was more fun than any of the matches, actually.
Don't know if this is allowed here, but if you can get a copy of Hyatte's recap of the "WWA Eruption" PPV from last year, it clearly shows that this bunch is just bush league all the way. Just a horrible PPV from start to finish. (The only PPV worse than this was that "Heroes of Wrestling" fiasco of two years ago.) Andrew McManus or whatever his current alias is needs to find another field of endeavor, because staging pro-wrestling PPV's ain't it!
As for Hyatte's hoot of a recap, the best part was when he informed the Interent Wrestling Community that Sid Vicious was the only wrestler in history ever to take a huge dump in his tights during a match at Wrestlemania, and that he had the videotape to prove it!