Mrs. Shem has made these on occasion, and they turn out damn good.
Chewy Fudge Brownies
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter 1 1/4 cups sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cold large eggs 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil or baking parchment, leaving some to overhang the sides.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat the chocolate and butter, stirring frequently until melted and smooth and hot enough that you want to take your finger out quickly after dipping it in to test. Remove from heat.
3. With a non-metal spoon, stir in the sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add the cold eggs (taking them straight from the refrigerator is best) one at a time, stirring well to mix each in. Stir in the flour and beat until the batter is smooth and glossy and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 1 or 2 minutes. If desired, stir in the nuts. Spread batter evenly in the prepard pan.
4. Bake until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 20 minutes. The top will look dry, but a toothpick inserted in the center should come out wet with batter. Immediately place the pan in the refrigerator or set it in a larger pan filled with ice water to a depth of 3/4 inch.
5. When the brownies are completely chilled, lift up the ends of the parchment or foil liner and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 or 3 days.
Like Frosty, I use barber's clippers. Getting too-close a shave is hell for African American guys. That being said, I sometimes shave my head with a Venus Devine razor--since its made to shave a woman's sensitive areas (among other things)