Originally posted by geemoneyAlso, I couldn't help but notice that when Chris Nowinski was in the Steiner Recliner, he looked a lot like Brian Pillman. Don't ask why I noticed that.
You weren't the only one... :-)
Other thoughts: * HHH goes over one of the few people on RAW that he's never beaten. Yeah, he sold in that sort of way where he looks fresh as a daisy for the Pedigree and the posing with the belt. Booyah...
* Booker gets destroyed again. Peachy. If he's not going to get the belt as a result of this (and the idea that they're using him to keep HHH "strong"), then why not just crush some other guy. I mean, this is getting boring. He hasn't killed Jeff Hardy in a while.
* Love that replay of Y2J kicking HBK after the match.
* Flair grabbing that mask had my wife appalled. I was laughing. Flair is just tremendous, even when he's getting the life choked out of him by Booker. :-)
* I could see the Austin firing leading to a little body double switch with Goldberg if he's going to make an appearance tonight.
Man... If Rock is about to leave WWE, I hope Goldberg isn't the one to send him out. Not only because the Rock is a star of far greater magnitude, but because Goldberg doesn't need the rub here, at all.
"May God bless our country and all who defend her."
"Don't try and pretend you're cool just because you know the Rock's accountant, Ira Goldberg!"
I know it's been said many, many times, but I just have to say it again ... the Rock rules.
"next to of course god america i love you land of the pilgrims' and so forth oh say can you see by the dawn's early my country tis of centuries come and go and are no more what of it we should worry in every language even deafanddumb thy sons acclaim your glorious name by gorry by jingo by gee by gosh by gum why talk of beauty what could be more beaut- iful than these heroic happy dead who rushed like lions to the roaring slaughter they did not stop to think they died instead then shall the voice of liberty be mute?"
i think i, and a lot of other people, would have marked out a hell of a lot more if they never played that promo at wrestlemania, and instead just had the music start up and him show up on raw. that would have been tigggght. then again, my friend who went to raw tonite said he didn't know and almost shit his pants when he came out. go figure..
Poor Hurricane had to be fed to the beast tonight, which upset me, but Hurricane in a big match and losing is better than no Hurricane at all. I was waiting on Nash to run down and make the save as well, but I guess they didn't want to take away from the appearance of Goldberg later on in the night. I know I'm in the minority here, but I was happy to see Goldberg come in, and at least storyline-wise (for the moment) Austin get out.
1. As most people will probably end up saying: the answer is probably going off steroids. Virgil obviously didn't work out any less, but just didn't gain that extra mass and bulk that steroids maintain. 2.