The W
Views: 98481735
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
28.8.14 0236
The W - Pro Wrestling - RAW King of the Ring #914 11/29/10 (Page 4)
This thread has 47 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.34
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4
(1925 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (73 total)
TwisterF5
Italian








Since: 18.2.04
From: The Houston 'burbs

Since last post: 461 days
Last activity: 461 days
#61 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.77
    Originally posted by Moss
    Sadly a lot of the newer guys don't get how to do that. It was way better than it had any right to be, and it helped too with Punk on commentary showing the mistakes (or as late Gene Shalet would say, Mizstakes) he, the young & cocky new champ, was making that came close to him losing the title.


Mr Shalit and his mustache are alive and well.
CruelAngel777
Frankfurter








Since: 7.4.02

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 8 hours
#62 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.01
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
      Originally posted by Above Average 1
      I thought it was the night they could have made Morrison. They built him up really well and going into the finals he was a huge underdog with the bad arm, and facing a fresher Shamus. His winning would have been huge.


    Dare I say it? Oh, what the heck. I'll say it again:

    They have really small plans for John Morrison.



If they have small plans for him why have him fight off their rising new heel and former champion Shamus for weeks, beat him clean at the ppv, then build him as the injured underdog that nearly won KoR against the same rival? He should of just jobbed quickly in the preliminaries.

That was probably the best match I've seen Shamus wrestle so far. Mind you I've only watched two of his matches. If I didn't know he was Hunter's new buddy, I'd be much more receptive to his sudden rise up the card. He's improved exponentially in the ring. The Brogue kick to a flying Kingston was especially awesome looking.
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 12 hours
#63 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.81
    Originally posted by CruelAngel777
      Originally posted by John Orquiola
        Originally posted by Above Average 1
        I thought it was the night they could have made Morrison. They built him up really well and going into the finals he was a huge underdog with the bad arm, and facing a fresher Shamus. His winning would have been huge.


      Dare I say it? Oh, what the heck. I'll say it again:

      They have really small plans for John Morrison.

    If they have small plans for him why have him fight off their rising new heel and former champion Shamus for weeks, beat him clean at the ppv, then build him as the injured underdog that nearly won KoR against the same rival? He should of just jobbed quickly in the preliminaries.


WCW used to do this a lot in their dying days. In lieu of actually pushing someone, they'd do it half-assed by having the guy come really close to beating a top star without actually BEATING anyone. They'd assume the fans would get behind that guy, but they wouldn't because in their eyes, the guy never actually wins. The guy's a loser.

That's the kind of line the E's towing with Morrison. Yeah, he's come really close to beating Sheamus and come really close to beating Miz, but he always loses. Therefore, the first word that comes to mind when thinking of Morrison is "loser". Has he actually BEATEN a top guy convincingly? No, the fluke win at Survivor Series doesn't count.

The only name that comes to mind is Jericho.

(edited by It's False on 1.12.10 2123)


dMp
Banger








Since: 4.1.02
From: The Hague, Netherlands (Europe)

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 16 hours
#64 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.79
    Originally posted by InVerse
      Originally posted by Big Bad

      This is an awesome analysis of the Cole/Miz relationship, but I don't see how it in any way represents a face turn for Cole.


    If Cole were to come out next week, explain the situation in a manner similar to what I did, and offer a sincere apology, I think he could transition back into a face as a result. Now, I don't expect that to happen, nor do I think it *should* happen, I just meant that they were at a point where they could actually go either way if they so chose, which is a rarity in wrestling these days.


You seem to put a lot of faith in the ability of the average WWE-Universer to listen to logic.
They see Cole, they see the jerk that screwed Lawler. They boo.
The best actors in the world couldn't convince them to see the logic they make and to make them go "You know, he's right. It wasn't a heel action at all"



(edited by dMp on 2.12.10 0944)


Avatar Mud
InVerse
Bierwurst








Since: 26.8.02

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 4 days
#65 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.35
    Originally posted by dMp

    You seem to put a lot of faith in the ability of the average WWE-Universer to listen to logic.
    They see Cole, they see the jerk that screwed Lawler. They boo.
    The best actors in the world couldn't convince them to see the logic they make and to make them go "You know, he's right. It wasn't a heel action at all"



The world was round prior to Pythagoras.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 4 hours
#66 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.81
    Originally posted by It's False
    Yeah, he's come really close to beating Sheamus and come really close to beating Miz, but he always loses. Therefore, the first word that comes to mind when thinking of Morrison is "loser". Has he actually BEATEN a top guy convincingly? No, the fluke win at Survivor Series doesn't count.

    The only name that comes to mind is Jericho.


The SurivorS win was pretty convincing. He kneed him in the face and knocked him out.

His other big clean win was over Rey Mysterio for the IC title. The problem isn't so much whether he wins and loses but that they get really behind him for a month and then forget about him for a couple because ooh, Drew McIntyre. Then out of nowhere he'll get to shine big again (Elimination Chamber, beating Jericho).
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 60 days
Last activity: 60 days
#67 Posted on
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    The SurivorS win was pretty convincing. He kneed him in the face and knocked him out.

    His other big clean win was over Rey Mysterio for the IC title. The problem isn't so much whether he wins and loses but that they get really behind him for a month and then forget about him for a couple because ooh, Drew McIntyre. Then out of nowhere he'll get to shine big again (Elimination Chamber, beating Jericho).


Also, he's not the Shaman of Sexy and the Monday Night Delight from the Palace of Wisdom anymore. He has no character. When he comes out, he poses all flamboyant-yet-mean looking on the ramp then starts smiling and giving 5 year olds his glasses. The beard is supposed make him look tough and maybe he does - from the neck up. But this tough but pretty guy from the neck down is wearing sequined too-tight pants and furry lined bell bottoms. And God forbid he should talk. (I disagree even about his heel promos. His voice is awful for promos, though as a heel he was much more acceptable than in his current position.)

Yes, he's talented and athletically maybe the most gifted guy on the roster. He does cool flippy floppy moves. But why should I care about him? Answer: I don't. And neither does Creative for any real length of time or for any real consequence that would turn him into a top guy in main events.

I think CM Punk summed up the problem best:

"John Morrison is a beautiful woman."

Actually, my favorite re: John Morrison quote is from Paul London in his shoot interview (consider the source, I know, but it's still funny). I'm paraphrasing London in regards to Morrison letting Batista bang Melina back in '05 because Batista is a top guy and there was nothing Morrison could do about it:

"John Morrison's a great guy. He'll not only let you bang his girl, he'll drive you and pay for dinner."

(edited by John Orquiola on 2.12.10 1114)


@BackoftheHead






www.backofthehead.com
Mr Shh
Toulouse








Since: 9.1.02
From: Bergen County, NJ

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 1 day
#68 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.47
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    Yes, he's talented and athletically maybe the most gifted guy on the roster. He does cool flippy floppy moves. But why should I care about him? Answer: I don't. And neither does Creative for any real length of time or for any real consequence that would turn him into a top guy in main events.

Why the random aside about Evan Bourne?




You askew my mirror. I askew yours.

Behold, my plunger.
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 60 days
Last activity: 60 days
#69 Posted on
    Originally posted by Mr Shh
      Originally posted by John Orquiola
      Yes, he's talented and athletically maybe the most gifted guy on the roster. He does cool flippy floppy moves. But why should I care about him? Answer: I don't. And neither does Creative for any real length of time or for any real consequence that would turn him into a top guy in main events.

    Why the random aside about Evan Bourne?



You got me. DON'T USE PRONOUNS! Vince McMahon would fire me on the spot of he ran these boards. Or at least my screen would be filled with ALL CAPS EXPLETIVES.



@BackoftheHead






www.backofthehead.com
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 4 hours
#70 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.81
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    I disagree even about his heel promos. His voice is awful for promos, though as a heel he was much more acceptable than in his current position.


His sense of humor is probably too irreverent for the bigness of pro wrestling but he cracked me up as a heel. I understand why they'd want him as a babyface because of his twirlies but I'd love to see him again as An Arrogant Man taking big Shawn Michaels/Curt Hennig deathbumps for babyfaces.

I'd like to see MVP as a heel again too but at this point he seems to have hit the Shelton/Carlito point of no return.
Mr Shh
Toulouse








Since: 9.1.02
From: Bergen County, NJ

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 1 day
#71 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.47
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
      Originally posted by Mr Shh
        Originally posted by John Orquiola
        Yes, he's talented and athletically maybe the most gifted guy on the roster. He does cool flippy floppy moves. But why should I care about him? Answer: I don't. And neither does Creative for any real length of time or for any real consequence that would turn him into a top guy in main events.

      Why the random aside about Evan Bourne?



    You got me. DON'T USE PRONOUNS! Vince McMahon would fire me on the spot of he ran these boards. Or at least my screen would be filled with ALL CAPS EXPLETIVES.

Just drawing parallels between people for whom they (WWE) have small plans, is all.

And I couldn't agree more regarding his (John Morrison's) voice. Everytime he (damn pronouns) trades barbs with someone, he sounds like an NXT rookie. Just go rewatch the backstage convo with Sheamus. Morrison is unbearable to listen to a lot of the time.





You askew my mirror. I askew yours.

Behold, my plunger.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 4 hours
#72 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.81
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    I'd like to see MVP as a heel again too but at this point he seems to have hit the Shelton/Carlito point of no return.


SPOOKY
InVerse
Bierwurst








Since: 26.8.02

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 4 days
#73 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.36
    Originally posted by Mr Shh
      Originally posted by John Orquiola
      Yes, he's talented and athletically maybe the most gifted guy on the roster. He does cool flippy floppy moves. But why should I care about him? Answer: I don't. And neither does Creative for any real length of time or for any real consequence that would turn him into a top guy in main events.

    Why the random aside about Evan Bourne?



I thought he was talking about Rob Van Dam, a man who made an entire career, including a WWE world championship, out of those traits. I'm too lazy to go check the dates but I'm guessing RVD floundered in limbo for much longer than John Morrison has thus far.

Coincidentally, I can't stand either Van Dam or Morrison. That's why I'd never make it in WWE management. I can't stand Morrison yet I'd probably still be pushing him as a top guy. Then if he succeeded, I'd get bored with my own product and shoot myself in the foot.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4
Thread rated: 5.34
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4
Thread ahead: Wrestlicious TakeDown #13...at last
Next thread: BS Report With Miz
Previous thread: NXT #41 (3x12) 11/30/10 - WWE Next Breakout Diva Is...
(1925 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
OMG, I kind of remember him now... I saw him work a little in World Class way back in that Scott Casey/Brian Adias undercard face role. I seem to remember him in a hard hat doing some kind of "union" worker gimmick.
- Evil Buddha, Spike Huber (2003)
The W - Pro Wrestling - RAW King of the Ring #914 11/29/10 (Page 4)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.375 seconds.