They use(d) medical facility so that fans aren't calling local area hospitals looking for wrestlers.
"When did they pass a law that says the people who make my sandwich have to be wearing gloves? I'm not comfortable with this. I don't want glove residue all over my food; it's not sanitary. Who knows where these gloves have been?" - George Carlin
Originally posted by Shem the Penman"Fulfill your fantasy match"? Shyeah right. What if my fantasy doesn't involve schoolgirls, French maids, or nurses? When is WWE going to pander to me, that's what I want to know.
If you're not a 19-year-old virgin, WWE isn't going to pander to you any time soon.
And I have two questions/comments about this show: Number one, who was Val Venis' tag team partner? I left the room and came back, and then just saw Kane cleaning house.
Number two, I dig Angry Edge, but it's sad that this is the first time he's had a discernible personality since E&C split up.
Originally posted by Shem the Penman "Fulfill your fantasy match"? Shyeah right. What if my fantasy doesn't involve schoolgirls, French maids, or nurses? When is WWE going to pander to me, that's what I want to know.
My fantasy involves never seeing Jazz as a School Girl, French Maid or Nurse.
It was an interesting show. Edge’s reaction was appropriate. He’s been going heel for a while, and the British crowd are smart enough to respond to it. There’s no way in hell he’s going to win in the voting over HBK or Benoit, so why not use the lack of support from his “Edgeheads” to get the turn going?
Orton, on the other hand, is in dangerous territory. It doesn’t matter if Flair is playing a heel or not. You don’t make comments about killing Flair’s legend in front of a wrestling-starved region like England if you want the fans cheering you.
As someone who grew up going to southern rasslin', that was the coolest thing I've heard a crowd do for a punch since the days we were all conditioned to go "OOOOOOOOOOOH!" for every babyface punch/bionic elbow.
La Rez v Regal/Eugene was a fun match anyway, but the crowd doing that upped my enjoyment of it.
Originally posted by Blanket JacksonAs someone who grew up going to southern rasslin', that was the coolest thing I've heard a crowd do for a punch since the days we were all conditioned to go "OOOOOOOOOOOH!" for every babyface punch/bionic elbow.
I still have a soft spot for the Hack Myers "SHAH! SHAH! SHAH!" / "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" chants in ECW.
“Back in 2000 a Republican friend warned me that if I voted for Al Gore and he won, the stock market would tank, we'd lose millions of jobs, and our military would be totally overstretched. You know what? I did vote for Gore, he did win, and I'll be damned if all those things didn't come true!" -- James Carville
Ok show, Orton's entrance is awesome, Trish and Stacy were very hot indeed, the fan went for HBK it looked like and he just held him down until he and Edge just pushed him out the ring and he was escorted out by security. Nothing stands out too memeorable except the fake tag title switch and the main event post match.
0) The picture...it looked a little like I was watching a mid-70's sitcom.
1) Stacy/Trish...ok match, not much to say except that Stacy was doing the Cena routine and wearing the represented home's sports jersey.
1a) Simon Dean...when are you coming, getting tired of these promos.
2) Regal/Eugene vs. La Resistance...For the first time since the Marquis de Queensbury (or whatever it's called) matches against Flair that I was excited about a Regal match. When they restarted the match, I thought, good thing this was not the last match or there would be a riot. Actually a good match, but the "Dusty Finish" really screwed it up for me.
2a) Snitsky interview from afar...pretty generic Snitsky interview until the end, which was really funny. And all that Kane could do is breathe loudly. GRRRRR.
3) Hurricane/Rosey vs Venis/Richards with our very special guest...KANE!!!...Kane, I would like to thank you for keeping us from boredom with this match. I was the complete opposite of the Orton/Foley incident many months ago, when I kept saying, "Stop, Stop!!!" I was saying, "Keep it going, Keep it going!!!" It's just that Val Venis really has become the Hacksaw Jim Duggan of the 2000's. Really annoying.
4) Orton/Flair interview...fun to watch, this could end up being a great match.
5) Rhyno/Jericho becomes Rhyno/Jericho vs Christian/Tomko...is it me or is Christian is giving Bubby Ray Dudley a run for his money in the talking very loud in the ring without a microphone category. Nice match, Tomko really got smacked good a few times at the end.
5a) Promo for Taboo Tuesday...really interesting stips, wait till you see my predictions in that topic.
6) 6 man tag match...nice match, and the Edge turn was hilarious. After HBK finished his statement, POW!!! It went like this "...H...B...K...OOF!!!"
I can't do Smackdown this week because my grandma is coming tomorrow, but it will be Tivo'd while my parents and her are going to watch a movie or two while I'll be watching something up here in the computer room. I hope to be back for the next Raw, but with the Tuesday PPV, it will be very tough. Likely, it will be the next Smackdown that I will be back here.
Originally posted by The GoonI don't think I've ever seen William Regal as excited as he was tonight. That alone made the show worth watching. Shame about the titles not actually changing hands.
Why is Jonathan Coachman included in the people who can get an IC title shot?
Agreed about Regal. Last time I remember him showing emotion like that was during the early nWo dayz in WCW. Regal fought off a bunch of them by himself and scared them away from the ring. It was funny because he'd do his fist pump and yelling then go back to being serious afterward.
But will WWE let him be El Generico? I can imagine Vince/management saying a tall white guy has no business wearing a mask, let alone claiming to be from Mexico. They'll repackage him and call him Eric Generic (if he's lucky) and his charm is gone.