The W
Views: 99151334
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
23.9.14 0126
The W - Pro Wrestling - RAW #821 2/16/09 (Page 2)
This thread has 36 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.52
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next
(2882 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (57 total)
Hokienautic
Liverwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: Blacksburg VA

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.66
I wanted to add, I thought it was a GREAT explanation as to how Edge was part of the Raw Elimination Chamber. For all the complaints here when a storyline isn't explained well enough or isn't believable enough, this was pretty simple and straightforward.
Packman V2
Bratwurst








Since: 16.3.04
From: Albuquerque, NM

Since last post: 18 days
Last activity: 6 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.48
Piper's promo was great, I really thought he was going to burst into tears a few times...well done.

I loved Orton's "Oh fuck" look after the RKO on Stephanie. As if he knew, he finally bit off more than he could chew, and Trips, while yeah, he did over do the facial expression a bit, that actually gave me goosebumps....and got me absolutely excited about HHH/RKO. And HHH can come over to Raw fairly easily, SD just picked up Hardy, and with HBK or JBL (ok it'll be HBK) taking on Taker, they'll be spending some time over on SD, as will Cena I imagine.

Then again, rosters be damned, it's WrestleMania time, and then they'll resort things out with the draft a week later. It all works in the grand scheme of things.




used2bcool
Bockwurst








Since: 5.11.08
From: Lake Forest, IL

Since last post: 14 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.93
Santino was looking distinctly metrosexual tonight. Wonder what's up with the appearance change.

I agree that the UT match at WM cannot be a triple threat. I don't see how SHawn could lose next week, or how JBL manages to save face after that loss.

    Originally posted by shawnpatrick
    MiTB prediction 5 of the 6 in the match, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston Rey Myesterio, Evan Bourne, Mike Knox, and a Smackdown roster member whom I can't figure out.

MitB has been 8 people for the past couple of years, so I'm going with Punk, Kofi, Rey, Morrison, Bourne, MVP, Shelton, and JBL. That would be awesome. You can also replace Kofi with Knox if you really want.

That leaves some high-profile people on SmackDown without anything to do come Mania, namely Big Show and Kozlov. Show has history with Edge, but with the Cena story starting, I don't see Show playing a part in their match at Mania. Kozlov's your generic main-event heel with no real ongoing program. With the Hardys looking like they'll go at it at Mania, that leaves Kozlov with nothing. Same with Umaga. Maybe Kozlov goes into MitB, but I really don't want to see that.



Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame
Cover up your face, you can't run the race
The pace is too fast, you just won't last
- "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
SEADAWG
Boudin rouge
Moderator








Since: 5.7.03

Since last post: 602 days
Last activity: 55 days
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.35
    Originally posted by CRZ
    INCREDIBLE HHHULK FACE SUXXX


Are people really not getting that he was doing "angry guy on the verge of breaking down in tears" as opposed to "super angry pissed off guy"? Or is there some other reason why no one is mentioning this?

Because it was clearly the former and clearly awesome. Best HHH moment since the legendary Bob Holly encounter.
Mayhem
Scrapple








Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 15 hours
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.15
    Originally posted by shawnpatrick
    MiTB prediction 5 of the 6 in the match, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston Rey Myesterio, Evan Bourne, Mike Knox, and a Smackdown roster member whom I can't figure out.


I'd take out Knox and add MVP, Shelton, Morrison & Miz.

So half the WM card is pretty much set now, eh?

Cena/Edge
Triple H/Orton
HBK/Taker
MitB
Hardy/Hardy?
Tenken347
Boudin blanc








Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 10 hours
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.03
I know I'm supposed to understand that Randy Orton's punt is the most devastating move in the entire history of professional wrestling, but COME ON. It's a kick to the head. I saw Randy get hit in the head with a ring bell last night, and he was able to shrug that off in like a minute. A kick to the head warrants a stretcher-job, though? I could buy the punt when it was getting delivered to retirees and non-wrestlers, but when you drop it on a guy that's just done back-to-back hardcore matches, I have a real hard time buying into it.
Spaceman Spiff
Knackwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: Philly Suburbs

Since last post: 27 days
Last activity: 2 hours
AIM:  
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05

    What did Shad do to get no ring time at all tonight?

Shad is in the doghouse for not progressing as quickly as the company would like.

How are we going to take Orton seriously against HHH? Orton can barely get by Shane, to the point where Rhodes/DiBiase have to save Orton 1 night removed from Shane spending the night in the hospital. If Orton is barely able to survive Shane, HHH should have no problem.

(edited by Spaceman Spiff on 17.2.09 0929)

redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 449 days
Last activity: 449 days
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.86
Nice to have the run in at the end have no entrance music.
Probably the best Piper promo in 20 years. Have to wonder whether Lawler has full senility though, as Jericho attacking Piper has now surpassed Orton punting Vince as the most despicable thing he has seen on RAW.
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 86 days
Last activity: 86 days
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.00
    Originally posted by Hokienautic
    I wanted to add, I thought it was a GREAT explanation as to how Edge was part of the Raw Elimination Chamber. For all the complaints here when a storyline isn't explained well enough or isn't believable enough, this was pretty simple and straightforward.


I loved the explanation too. They went the extra mile explaining Vickie having the authority to make the call to substitute Edge in the Chamber and having the WWE Board of Directors and John Cena himself legitimize the title change.

The best line of course was "when Kofi Kingston 'BECAME UNABLE TO COMPETE'..."

I'd like to see a Kofi vs. Edge match come out of this for a one-off where Kofi fails to get revenge.
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#30 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.92
    Originally posted by Packman V2
    I loved Orton's "Oh fuck" look after the RKO on Stephanie. As if he knew, he finally bit off more than he could chew, and Trips, while yeah, he did over do the facial expression a bit, that actually gave me goosebumps....and got me absolutely excited about HHH/RKO.


It hit me the opposite way. As Orton finds himself surveying the damage caused by his mental condition, he appears scared of what HHH will do in response. It's a WM title angle. I don't want a timid challenger. He needs to preen and gloat. He needs to swagger. He clocked the McMahons (sans Linda who probably should stay off TV for a while) within a month. Who else can claim that?

Ride that momentum, Randy. Be the bad guy.




"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker
JimBob Skeeter
Bratwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: MN

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#31 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.41
Youk now he will. He had the same look after he punted Vince, and the next week he was out there without any remorse. I think it's just all part of him playing up "Blame my IED!" stuff, making you think that he kinda is sorry, but not really. And, yes, please keep Linda off our tv. She's got to much to worry about with this board of education thing that her family getting punted. Someone has to bring home the bacon!

Santino getting femmed out. Dunno about that. He even had a bit of a Vicne strut going on as they walked. Earring. Short hair. No unibrow. Rosa is re-making him into her own little pet. Rosa goes big time heel, leading to Beth's face turn.

Have they actually announced yet who is inducting the HoF'mers yet? Did I miss something?
kentish
Andouille








Since: 19.8.05
From: My Old Kentucky Home

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 6 days
#32 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.63
If this is the WM 25 lineup, well, at least we have HBK-Taker. Would they mention that Taker has NEVER defeated Shawn? Didn't Shawn win all of their matches in 97-98? Ground Zero was maybe a double DQ. Or are these matches too old to reference for fear of making the guys seem too old? Not to mention making me feel old.

Orton taking out McMahons doesn't make me want to boo him. Bring on Linda!

Cena/Edge has just been done way too many times for me to be very interested.




"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Stansbury Alum
Cotto








Since: 18.5.07

Since last post: 102 days
Last activity: 12 hours
#33 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.00
    Originally posted by Tenken347
    I know I'm supposed to understand that Randy Orton's punt is the most devastating move in the entire history of professional wrestling, but COME ON. It's a kick to the head. I saw Randy get hit in the head with a ring bell last night, and he was able to shrug that off in like a minute. A kick to the head warrants a stretcher-job, though? I could buy the punt when it was getting delivered to retirees and non-wrestlers, but when you drop it on a guy that's just done back-to-back hardcore matches, I have a real hard time buying into it.


I thought the same thing. I believe Randy actually endured two hits to the head with the bell, and was up and walking within two minutes.
mskj
Summer sausage








Since: 10.1.02
From: Tennessee

Since last post: 938 days
Last activity: 697 days
#34 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.07
Orton and HHH played their parts perfectly last night. Great kickoff for the Wrestlemania build.



Go Bucks.
Broncolanche
Sujuk








Since: 2.6.03
From: Littleton, CO

Since last post: 1133 days
Last activity: 386 days
#35 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.01
    Originally posted by SEADAWG
    Are people really not getting that he was doing "angry guy on the verge of breaking down in tears" as opposed to "super angry pissed off guy"? Or is there some other reason why no one is mentioning this?

    Because it was clearly the former and clearly awesome. Best HHH moment since the legendary Bob Holly encounter.
I'm with you. I was half-expecting HHH to break down crying.
The Thrill
Banger








Since: 16.4.02
From: Green Bay, WI

Since last post: 159 days
Last activity: 5 days
#36 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.25
Godspeed, men of the 2nd Bn, 127th Infantry, 32d "Red Arrow" Brigade, Wisconsin Army National Guard! Victory in Iraq!

Promo-awesomeness on Raw. Between Edge actually WORKING THE CROWD, Piper's heartfeltedness (a word?), Jericho's yelling "CRAWL, PIPER!," the dueling of monotone JBL and pizzazz-restored HBK (and hell, even Jamie Noble referencing WrestleMania history)...

...this was one of the best nights for wrestling promos I've seen in a long time. Even Vanilla Cena had one good line about throwing up in his mouth a little bit upon thinking of Edge and Vickie...eew.

As for 'Taker-Shawn at 'Mania...have JBL attempt a run-in and quickly get whooped by both HBK and 'Taker in succession, he runs away...bingo. Need-to-have-him-involved-somehow accomplished.

And .GIF-wise...how 'bout a split-screen of Randy's "Oh F*CK" face and HHH's Dizzy Gillespie imitation?










NWAWisconsin.com...Live, Local Pro Wrestling!

JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 23 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#37 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.20
    Originally posted by SEADAWG
      Originally posted by CRZ
      INCREDIBLE HHHULK FACE SUXXX


    Are people really not getting that he was doing "angry guy on the verge of breaking down in tears" as opposed to "super angry pissed off guy"? Or is there some other reason why no one is mentioning this?

    Because it was clearly the former and clearly awesome. Best HHH moment since the legendary Bob Holly encounter.


I loved it too, Mr. Can't Catch Any Fruit, but may I also submit HHH blinded by Tajiri's mist cutting a promo on a plant. What I found weird was that that was the same face Triple H makes when he's cut himself and he's trying to squeeze more blood out of it.

    Originally posted by Matt Tracker
    It hit me the opposite way. As Orton finds himself surveying the damage caused by his mental condition, he appears scared of what HHH will do in response. It's a WM title angle. I don't want a timid challenger. He needs to preen and gloat. He needs to swagger.


I think if Randy was like "yeah, I RKO'd Steph, jealous?" he'd be too much of a babyface. The whole "uhh it wasn't me!" act makes him a liar instead of a badass, plus it sells that doing something nasty to Vince or Stephanie has bigger ramifications than your run of the mill evil angle on a wrestling show.

    Originally posted by patrickshawn
    No doubt, Jericho versus Flair at WM 25 with Rourke interfering with the match to give Flair the win.


How about Jericho vs. Steve "hey ya sumbitch, I'm in the HOF, what?" Austin

(edited by JustinShapiro on 17.2.09 1308)
Broncolanche
Sujuk








Since: 2.6.03
From: Littleton, CO

Since last post: 1133 days
Last activity: 386 days
#38 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.01
CajunMan
Boudin blanc
No longer registered








Since: 2.1.02
From: Give me a Title shot!

Since last post: 1069 days
Last activity: 206 days
#39 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.68
Whoa that's a ugly picture. You have to wonder if we will be sitting through(watching) another HHH/Steph Wedding?
2P4E
Boerewors








Since: 4.1.05
From: SE12, London, UK.

Since last post: 412 days
Last activity: 17 hours
#40 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.45
He looks like Sabretooth.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next
Thread rated: 4.52
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next
Thread ahead: Sonjay Dutt done with TNA
Next thread: Random Quote Generator leads me to a gem...
Previous thread: WWE Smackdown 2-20-09
(2882 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
RD is married, no? If so, I don't know of any wife that would allow $6,500 or so to go to women's underwear that belonged to second rate strippers no matter how hot his books were selling.
- BigDaddyLoco, RAW Work RATE Report 11/29/04 (2004)
Related threads: RAW #820 2/9/09 - RAW #819 2/2/09 - RAW #818 1/26/09 - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - RAW #821 2/16/09 (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.494 seconds.