When I heard of the HBK vs Benoit vs HHH matchup, I thought they might be going here, but know I honestly think there's a good chance the WM 20 match could end like this: Somehow HHH gets KO'ed for a bit (say a Benoit Swandive hits him) and he rolls out of the ring or Flair pulls him out, Benoit and HBK go at it for a little bit, HHH comes back in and knocks HBK down, goes for a Pedigree on Benoit and while he's posing before the jump HBK hits chin-music on HHH, Benoit pulls HBK down in the crossface. Benoit wins, HHH never lost, rematch at Backlash. Something along those lines.
What I bought at the new local used CD store in my search for good, cheap CDs last time I was there: Riot Act by Pearl Jam for 8.00 Moving Pictures by Rush for 8.00
Originally posted by Scott SummetsWhen I heard of the HBK vs Benoit vs HHH matchup, I thought they might be going here, but know I honestly think there's a good chance the WM 20 match could end like this: Somehow HHH gets KO'ed for a bit (say a Benoit Swandive hits him) and he rolls out of the ring or Flair pulls him out, Benoit and HBK go at it for a little bit, HHH comes back in and knocks HBK down, goes for a Pedigree on Benoit and while he's posing before the jump HBK hits chin-music on HHH, Benoit pulls HBK down in the crossface. Benoit wins, HHH never lost, rematch at Backlash. Something along those lines.
Or how about this one:
After thirty minutes, HHH is out cold after a super kick, and right after, HBK superkicks Benoit. benoit falls down on top of HHH and HBK pins Benoit. But now we have Benoit pinning HHH and HBK pinning Benoit. Since no one winner, title stays with HHH and then for the next three weeks there is a series of #1 contender matches with HBK and Benoit where Benoit wins and faces HHH at the next PPV and then wins one on one vs. HHH.
Unrealistic? Welcome to the WWE.
The more I think about the triple threat the more I realize it is the only way HHH would lose the title. He is not going to lay down clean on the biggest stage (MSG) for the biggest PPV (Wrestlemania). More than likely, he will win somehow (pinning HBK) thus eliminating HBK from the picture while Benoit can claim HHH never beat him. Benoit then goes into a #1 contenders match with (insert wrestler here) and wins the right to face HHH one on one at the next PPV, where HHH would, by the grace of GOd, let Benoit go over. This frees up HBK to suck the momentum out of another wrestler (Christian? Hardy?) or have him turn heel and join Evolution.
Originally posted by WpobThe more I think about the triple threat the more I realize it is the only way HHH would lose the title. He is not going to lay down clean on the biggest stage (MSG) for the biggest PPV (Wrestlemania). More than likely, he will win somehow (pinning HBK) thus eliminating HBK from the picture while Benoit can claim HHH never beat him. Benoit then goes into a #1 contenders match with (insert wrestler here) and wins the right to face HHH one on one at the next PPV, where HHH would, by the grace of GOd, let Benoit go over. This frees up HBK to suck the momentum out of another wrestler (Christian? Hardy?) or have him turn heel and join Evolution.
Hardy has momentum? (*ba-dum-bum*)
You gave me chills in your description of HHH at WM. You're right - we've never had any inclination from Trips that he'll lay down at the big stage for anyone of Benoit's status (See T, Booker). It would be very, very disappointing to have them drag this out beyond WM without Benoit as the champ, because a win after that would feel so anti-climactic.
Cavaliers: 20-32. 2.5 games out of the playoffs. The East is pathetic. Indians: 0-0 Browns: 0-0
Either way this turns out, WWE is becoming more entertaining. Benoit in the WM Main Event, the brands are starting to have some rivalry going, not only with superstars, with the commentators too. Things could be really hot by the time Survivor Series comes around. Raw was great. Things are happening logically and this slow burn to WM is reminding me of the great build-up they did for WM14 when Mike Tyson was involved.
Maybe it is just because I stopped watching for a month or so, but I am enjoying Raw alot more than I have in the past 2 years.
January 4th 1999 - The day WCW injected itself with 10 gallons of Liquid Anthrax...AKA...The day Hogan "Defeated" Nash to win the WCW title in front of 40,000.
First off, I have just finished watching Raw, and I did not have any time to look at spoilers and results, so don't get me for my reactions. Usually, I will write whatever I can from watching it "live on Tivo," then I go on the computer and take the unnecessaries out and add a few things on while typing. I just don't want to repeat what everyone else says, but I just want to make my own observations.
Anyway, here we go.
1) Goldberg/Vince/Heyman/Austin...When I saw Goldberg coming out first, I thought "Goldber coming out first, guess tonight's roster must be thin." I had to laugh every time Vince comes out with that walk. I want to see this, Vince walking out, but to Slick's "Jive Soul Bro." How about that. It also made me laugh when Vince mimicked (sp?) Austin's driving. Guess Heyman has his own stupid walk. Don't know, he has started out in the ring the last couple Smackdowns. Expected Heyman to get the spear when he turned around, but did not expect Austin to get it.
2) Goldberg meets Austin...mistake, huh? Austin says if he does stun Goldberg, it won't be a mistake. All I could say is do it, because Austin said on Confidential his last stunner would be Goldberg. Then take your 4-wheeler, or ATV, or whatever it is and go away. Then Vince suspends Goldberg...I say he will eventually go onto Smackdown after their PPV, just to go after Lesner.
3) Trish/Jericho vs Molly/Hardy...OK match, but that rope shot on Trish, ouch. Christian helps out Jericho/Trish? Dad says that it is probably more buttering up to Jericho. I'm confused.
4) Outside the Rose Garden, let's see the Trail Blazers. Ah, Rasheed Wallace, in his last appearance as a Blazer, as he was just traded a couple hours after the show ended. Ha, Ha, Ha.
5) Christian/Trish...not listening
6) Cade/Jindrak/Stacy/Jackie...who cares, see above
7) Benoit/Flair...I can't believe they did not say anything about both being Horsemen at one time. Guess they did not want us to know, but I watched both WWE(F) and WCW, so I know. At the start of the match, I talked to my dad about what I said about I do not want to see wrestlers who have wrestled for over 20-25 years. Flair is an exception to the rule. We ended up talking about wrestlers from the early 1980's. If anyone in the Chicago area remember the Bob Luce wrestling promotion that was on channel 26 at Noon on Sundays, let me know. I loved the Ben's Auto Sales ads during the program. Very cheesy commercials. Back to the match, I can't believe how many times Flair has been busted open in strange places in the past few months (back of head, nose, chest this week). Got to see the FLAIR FLOP!!! Very good, and hard hitting match by both.
8) Contract signing...I said at the start that something was going to happen, it always does. This took so long with Triple H talking (sorry, not much of a HHH guy here). HBK comes in, he wants his title shot. Benoit says he's got the respect for HBK. Every time someone says he's got respect for someone, he ends up on his back in a few minutes. After a couple minutes, we saw HBK kick Benoit in the face. I actually yelled out, "TOLD YOU!!!! TOLD YOU!!!!" I knew his fate when the R-word came out.
9) Replay...OUCH!!! JR/King whine and whine about what happened. Two words for both...SHUT UP!!!
10) Kane/'Cane...Battle of the Canes (again). How could those 2 goofs have the short memory of them being tag team partners and nothing said about Flair/Benoit being Horsemen at the same time. I love the ESPN like news/notes section. Match was short, and deserving. Kane looked like an idiot doing the flame thing, and not working the first 2 times. We get the usual (for now) scary Undertaker movie, at least getting a couple of glimpses of the old Undertaker in the shot. I wonder if he's going to have the old garb or have something new on.
11) Bischoff follows Benoit...Benoit/HBK next week. OK
12) Coach/Goldberg...He still has his ticket, didn't go anywhere.
13) Japan Tour...Typical Travelogue, WWE Style
14) Foley enters...I've had it about 12/14/03 and Tampa, Florida and the coward scene. At least he goes into Orton in the military, which I remember seeing it from Confidential a few months ago. Since Foley brought this up, guess this is the next repeat broadcast of Confidential in a couple of weeks. Orton wants Foley in the catering room, which in my opinion, it is good, if you are in the cleaning profession. Foley gets attacked by Evolution, and powerbombed. I'm waiting for something to happen to JR, because he is just annoying me. If you don't like it, you go save him.
15) Triple threat IC match...I just wanted to watch the match without making much notes, except, Booker T needs his old song back. Nice match, except the ending. Evolution celebrates w/Orton, Foley comes out, gets RKO'd. Dad's opinion on Batista "He is definitely rougher than Goldberg." I liked it when Lawler said, "Don't have a stroke" to JR. Guess everything happened except someone smashing his cowboy hat and spilling his BBQ sauce all over the place. The JR annoyance level was up with the WCW/ECW forming the Alliance in Atlanta.
It was actually great watching. If you have anything else to say to me, now is the time. I'll be back, likely on Friday, for Smackdown.
I still think it is due to his retirement. With TNA he really doesn't have to travel, isnt there every week, and it's only ONE day a week as opposed to a huge schedule if he was with WWF/ECW/WCW (when they all were around).