Ok - I'll preface this by saying I'm a deep blue voter in a deep blue state, and as such am fairly terrified for our country for the next four years. But there's a million forums where I can talk about that.
The other thing the next four years are going to be politically (and I think we can all agree on this) is hella unpredictable. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say "weird."
As such, here's the pool: name three predictions concerning the President-elect in the next four years. These have to be things which one would not reasonably expect from another president (hmm... actually let's amend that to "would not reasonably expect from another Republican president"). We'll check in in four years for the winner.
1) at some point, Trump will suggest adding his head to Mt. Rushmore. 2) Trump will appear at Wrestlemania (sorry, took it). 3) Trump will personally conduct a marriage ceremony at the White House for two women, and make a joke about a threesome.
1. Registration for Muslims will begin in the summer. It will start with just Muslims then it will become one sub group after another. The fact they are using itermain camps as a legal stance should terrify everyone.
2. The Wall will get started being built, but with the large amount of protests around it, it will only lead to a bigger mess. When people find out the real cost of the Wall, they will be pissed.
3. The Great Recession Part II. Everyone has been saying the economy is gong to crash again since the last crash. A lot of people have made a ton of cash on this chicken little phrase and they will be right. This time, it will happen after the trade wars begin.
4. Weed laws will be terminated. The GOP love States' rights unless it goes against their narrative. The new AG will take the laws to now more friendly GOP court and waste a ton of money on it to see it fail.
5. Trump's first Justice will fail. The Dems in Congress will look to concede, but something will come up about the Justice that will cause everyone to think twice. The second appointment probably in 2018 will go in.
6. The Dems will fail in 2018. They just will. Voter suppression will get worse plus a sense of fear will be instilled in everyone that no one will want to oppose the GOP. There will be no good candidates and the masses will vote more GOP to give Trump his fifty-seventh chance for some unknown reason. It will be the lowest turn out in modern history.
7. No jobs in the rust belt. Those states are fucked. Fucked beyond fucked. After this election, no investors in Silicon Valley will invest in those areas that they have to worry about their employees' safety. Those jobs will stay on the coasts where people will begin to flock. People in the rust belt will have to move or be forced to deal with the reality that America has left them and they will get more angry.
8. Hate Crimes become the norm. Trump saying Stop It while filling his cabinet with noted racists is a clear sign to the Alt Right, they are in charge. The new AG will downplay them and focus more on imprisoning drug dealers. People who stop these crimes will be prosecuted.
9. Trump Towers will be burnt to the ground. Don't ask me if this is a good thing or not, but eventually someone or someones will think this is a good idea. If not the Tower, but his companies will find it difficult to do business.
10. Social Media Revolt. Trump won using the internet. However, Twitter, Facebook and other companies are now being forced to deal with the hatred brewing on their platforms. A new social media platform will come along that will be more user friendly and protective. That platform will become popular with celebrities thus it will be popular with the masses. The platform will curb some of the recruiting being done out there. However, the Alt Right will continue to find a way to spread hate in the disguise of free speech.
Oh..this was supposed to be only three things? And fun? Shit.
1) Donald Trump does not contest the 2020 election.
2) Most of Trump's policies of note will end up getting watered down, reduced, backed off or ignored completely. History ends up viewing him as an ineffectual President. The swamp remains as fetid and corrupt as it was back when Donald was merely a plot device to enable Meat Loaf and Gary Busey to old man punch on.
3) The peoples of the Democratic World, realising their folly and finally understanding that this "Jimmy Carter hobbled our Grandmother's donkey. Oh yeah? Well Nixon Bogarted the people's eight ball." style of political discourse makes the Post Truth Age a statistical inevitability, band together to demand no more economic fascism and refuse to vote for any candidate that uses fear as a campaigning tool. We still disagree about pretty much everything but understand that shouting each other down and racing to be the first to play the hurt feelings card only leads to a place that's even worse.
Editorial: In geemoney's predicition threads, I always tip that Cena will win every match he's in. Same with HHH. Not because I want them to win though. Which reminds me, need to get my Survivor Series tips in! Tootles
1. No wall will ever be built, other than the one we have now. Perhaps some adjustments will be made.
2. At least one current cabinet department will be abolished, probably education
3. Some sort of big time immigration reform bill is passed
4. I still think Trump resigns when he doesn't get to do everything he wants, but that is becoming a less likely scenario for me.
5. Very little really changes
We'll be back right after order has been restored here in the Omni Center.
That the universe was formed by a fortuitous concourse of atoms, I will no more believe than that the accidental jumbling of the alphabet would fall into a most ingenious treatise of philosophy - Swift
It's funny, all these predictions are more "How will Trump fuck up our country, based on the bullshit the media and social justice warriors have pushed as a narrative about the man for the past 18 months" than actual, you know, predictions.
Here's a go: Trump's first 100 days will set the tone for the first two years. If he does, as promised, and repeals a lot of the unconstitutional executive orders and they make progress to replace the ACA, his first four year will be seen as a success.
The Democrats do not learn their lesson, and move further to the left and alienate more undecided voters and lose fairly largely in the mid terms, giving the GOP the House and Senate even larger majorities.
Supreme Court Justice Ted Cruz.
SOME trade deals get reworked favorably.
US and Russian relations become better, but still not anywhere close to an ally situation.
We go back to using coal to produce petroleum, and the coal states experience a flourishing economy.
Leftists complain the entire time about how they're lives are ruined and suppressed and how they're "moving to Canada" as a result, yet by and large still sit around and do nothing of note.
First off, I do agree with Dirt. Secondly, you do have a point. What banning ammo would do is eliminate a lot of "lazy crime" (your story would be a good example); people using guns because they're there.