The W
Views: 99979907
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
24.10.14 0453
The W - Football - Pac-Man Has Too Many Power Pellets (Again)
This thread has 5 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.46
Pages: 1
(1233 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (8 total)
JoshMann
Andouille








Since: 17.11.03
From: Tallahassee, FL

Since last post: 2293 days
Last activity: 2290 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.00
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14512546/

Considering the last time he got pinched was for disorderly conduct in a club last year, I think I see a pattern forming:


    MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was arrested outside a bar early Friday and charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

    Officers saw Jones arguing loudly with a woman outside a nightclub where a rap concert had been held, according to the police report. The 22-year-old Jones was described by police as slurring his speech, having bloodshot eyes and smelling strongly of alcohol.



(edited by JoshMann on 25.8.06 1417)



It's Suntory Time!
Promote this thread!
Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 3 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
AIM:  
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.81
You've never been drunk in public?

I have. Tailgating at a football game. I bet I was slurring my words and yelling.

I wonder people will muster moral outrage against me for that




Sign up for Folding@Home and join our team. PM me for details.

Ignorance is bliss for you, hell for me.
TheBucsFan
TheChiefsFan








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 73 days
Last activity: 73 days
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.42
    Originally posted by Guru Zim
    You've never been drunk in public?

    I have. Tailgating at a football game. I bet I was slurring my words and yelling.

    I wonder people will muster moral outrage against me for that


I don't think the issue is as simple as that - the fact that he is a highly sought (and highly paid) athlete means he lives by different rules. If you think he's still OK here (and I'd agree), given that, than that's a different story ... but I'm sure you do a lot of things it'd be (criminally) stupid for an NFL star to do.



"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it."

--George Carlin
StaggerLee
Scrapple








Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 3 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.04
Its retarded to give somebody a different set of "rules" due to their occupation.

He's a 22 year old KID.


I am quite sure he wasnt the ONLY one arrested, or at least DRUNK that night.

And really, he wasnt driving, right? So, who cares that he was drunk and arguing outside?

No drugs, no guns, do DUI. Being drunk may make him look bad, but at least he isn't an unofficial Cincinnati Bengal quite yet.
Mr. Boffo
Scrapple








Since: 24.3.02
From: Oshkosh, WI

Since last post: 452 days
Last activity: 413 days
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.12
It is against the law. And I've never been arrested for anything, so I guess I can pass judgement.
TheBucsFan
TheChiefsFan








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 73 days
Last activity: 73 days
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.42
    Originally posted by StaggerLee
    Its retarded to give somebody a different set of "rules" due to their occupation.

    He's a 22 year old KID.


    I am quite sure he wasnt the ONLY one arrested, or at least DRUNK that night.

    And really, he wasnt driving, right? So, who cares that he was drunk and arguing outside?

    No drugs, no guns, do DUI. Being drunk may make him look bad, but at least he isn't an unofficial Cincinnati Bengal quite yet.


"Retarded?"

How about contracts that forbid players from riding motorcycles?

And if it's retarded in this case, than it's also retarded to make a big deal out of, say ... Barry Bonds using steroids. If the guy down the street from you was on the juice, would you want to read about it in the newspaper? Of course not, that's "retarded."

He's a celebrity, he's in the spotlight, things are different when you make millions of dollars. Same for Mel Gibson, Bonds, Bode Miller and every other celebrity that has learned (or refuses to learn) that doing and saying stupid things carries a different penalty than for everyone else.

And on the Titans' part ... this guy is an invesment. If he's gonna wind up passed out in a gutter somewhere ... would YOU want to count on him for anything?



"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it."

--George Carlin
Mayhem
Scrapple








Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 19 hours
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.07

Ahhhh ... good ol' Pac ...

The local media here hasn't been quite as harsh as I would have thought. During the pre-season game last night, it was mentioned that he had buried one of his best friends the day before. Not to defend him, but that's reason enough for him to get a pass on this one.
StaggerLee
Scrapple








Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 3 days
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.04
    Originally posted by TheBucsFan
    "Retarded?"

    How about contracts that forbid players from riding motorcycles?

    And if it's retarded in this case, than it's also retarded to make a big deal out of, say ... Barry Bonds using steroids. If the guy down the street from you was on the juice, would you want to read about it in the newspaper? Of course not, that's "retarded."

    He's a celebrity, he's in the spotlight, things are different when you make millions of dollars. Same for Mel Gibson, Bonds, Bode Miller and every other celebrity that has learned (or refuses to learn) that doing and saying stupid things carries a different penalty than for everyone else.

    And on the Titans' part ... this guy is an invesment. If he's gonna wind up passed out in a gutter somewhere ... would YOU want to count on him for anything?


What about contracts? WTF does that have to do with anything?

THinking because somebody has a certain career (in this case an NFL player) he should somehow be held ABOVE the law for certain things is plain stupid. SHould he know better? Sure, Should he have somebody watching him to make sure he doesnt fuck up? Probably. But, saying he lives by different rules, simply because of his job and his income is stupid. Plain and simple. He's a man, but a YOUNG man. He made a mistake. He wasnt out driving drunk, he wasnt waving a gun at people, he wasnt slapping the lady around. He was drunk (which happens quite frequently when you are 22) and happeed to be in public when some police were around. What do you think they should do? Send him to prison forever?
Saying it carries a different penalty than it does for everybody else is true. It may cost him advertising dollars. But, how many national ads featuring the guy have you seen anyway?

Thread rated: 4.46
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Reminder: The-W's Fantasy Football Draft is near!
Next thread: Titans sign Kerry Collins
Previous thread: Junior Seau signs with Patriots
(1233 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
It's clear what the should have done. They should have traded for Trent Dilfer this offseason.
- Whitebacon, 2 ex-Titans become Ravens. (2005)
Related threads: McNair told to leave training facility - Travis Henry heading to Nashville - Pacman goes to jail - More...
The W - Football - Pac-Man Has Too Many Power Pellets (Again)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.111 seconds.