The W
Views: 98611198
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
2.9.14 0159
The W - Pro Wrestling - NXT #15 6/1/10 (Page 2)
This thread has 9 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.89
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next
(2222 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (49 total)
Loosie
Boudin rouge








Since: 2.1.02
From: Kitchener, Ontario

Since last post: 1062 days
Last activity: 944 days
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.36
The banter at the end was awesome. CM Punk just walking out was hilarious too. And Christian's burn on Regal "You haven't won a match in a year"

But I also loved at the beginning of the show when Punk came out he moved his chair away ever so slightly from the rest of the Pros.

I agree with the rediculus names of the Rookies that are sons of Rotundo and Hennig.

I also think they should have eliminated Otunga first becuase it would have led to a nice face/heel dynamic.

After R-Truth won the US Title though I was almost scared they would give Otunga the win just so he could challenge R-Truth for the title. Thank god they didn't do that. I see bright futures for Daniel Bryan and Wade Barret, Gabriel could be a good mid carder. I don't see Otunga lasting long unless he can improve his in-ring skills.

As for season 2 I see Titus Lucky and Percy being the early eliminations. Kaval and ugh 'Michael McGilicutty' *cough*JOEHENNIG*cough* being the heavy favorites to win it.

It's interesting to note that all of the current FCW champions are on WWE TV right now (or will be as of next week), as the Uso's are the Tag Champs and Alex is the Heavywegiht Champ

(edited by Loosie on 2.6.10 1141)


Loosie.
Your friendly nieghbourhood Canadian.


---Under Construction---
This Is Not Spam
Psycho Penguin
Liverwurst








Since: 24.6.07
From: Greenacres FL

Since last post: 1423 days
Last activity: 1419 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.04
I have to imagine the WWE knows the legacy guys aren't going to win NXT, so why already saddle 'Joe Hennig' with being a loser when they can just debut him as such later? I really don't think there's a grand conspiracy going on here.



http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/9471.html


http://www.runningondew.com


"I think that in five years, Orton is far more likely to be in Billy Gunn Land than being a major player in WWE." - Big Bad - 11/22/03
Big Bad
Scrapple








Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.70
    Originally posted by Psycho Penguin
    I have to imagine the WWE knows the legacy guys aren't going to win NXT, so why already saddle 'Joe Hennig' with being a loser when they can just debut him as such later? I really don't think there's a grand conspiracy going on here.


Good point. Billing him as 'Joe Hennig' or Harris as 'Windham Rotunda' puts a lot of inherent pressure on them right away. NXT could be a test to have their earn their names, so to speak. Though really, it's ironic in these cases given that their fathers are known to 90 percent of the world under their gimmick names (Mr. Perfect and IRS). Unless you're an old-timey NWA fan, the Rotunda name isn't well-known.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 28 min.
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.54
I don't understand why some of you's think that pros are going to hurt anything when season 1 just demonstrated that the pros don't teach or do anything.

    Originally posted by lotjx
    it is a rip-off of Beautiful People with uglier chicks.


Whoa, that's not true. I've seen the Beautiful People without makeup.

(edited by JustinShapiro on 2.6.10 1249)
Kevintripod
Andouille








Since: 11.5.03
From: Mount Pleasant, Pa.

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 18 hours
AIM:  
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.79
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    I don't understand why some of you's think that pros are going to hurt anything when season 1 just demonstrated that the pros don't teach or do anything.




True.

But you have to admit that even though Barrett deserved to win, Jericho's presence as his pro helped him out a lot on the show.



Peter The Hegemon
Lap cheong








Since: 11.2.03
From: Hackettstown, NJ

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 1 hour
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.04
    Originally posted by The Game

    8)Alex Riley: Perhaps the most separated from the group because not also does he have some of the necessary charisma but with Miz as his pro, this duo should gel pretty nicely. His character is pretty similar to Christopher Nowinski's and he didn't last very long despite having character as well.




It should be pointed out that Nowinski didn't last long because injuries forced him to retire.

You know what I would love to see? A promo where the Usos come out and taunt all the NXT Rookies for being so stupid to enter a long, drawn-out competition for a WWE contract and a title shot, when all they had to do was show up at Raw and attack the champs to get the same thing. They could do that on the season 2 finale and use that to explain why there won't be a season 3. B^)

The proportion of WWE wrestlers whose fathers were wrestlers is getting mighty high.
Mr. Boffo
Scrapple








Since: 24.3.02
From: Oshkosh, WI

Since last post: 400 days
Last activity: 361 days
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.67
Superfreakonomics told me that sons of professional baseball players are 1000 times more likely to become professional baseball players than other children. I think similar factors are at play with the children of professional wrestlers.
dMp
Banger








Since: 4.1.02
From: The Hague, Netherlands (Europe)

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.72
    Originally posted by Big Bad
      Originally posted by Psycho Penguin
      I have to imagine the WWE knows the legacy guys aren't going to win NXT, so why already saddle 'Joe Hennig' with being a loser when they can just debut him as such later? I really don't think there's a grand conspiracy going on here.


    Good point. Billing him as 'Joe Hennig' or Harris as 'Windham Rotunda' puts a lot of inherent pressure on them right away. NXT could be a test to have their earn their names, so to speak. Though really, it's ironic in these cases given that their fathers are known to 90 percent of the world under their gimmick names (Mr. Perfect and IRS). Unless you're an old-timey NWA fan, the Rotunda name isn't well-known.


Suddenly having Cody (former Legacy member, and someone who probably has to fight more than DiBiase to escape the family heritage) as the Pro makes a lot more sense.

Joe Hennig looks insanely much like his dad, but with a Jamie Noble hairdo.



Avatar Mud
Psycho Penguin
Liverwurst








Since: 24.6.07
From: Greenacres FL

Since last post: 1423 days
Last activity: 1419 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.04
If only he could wrestle, talk, or groom his hair as well as his dad. Seriously, Joe Hennig was a pretty big disappointment in FCW.



http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/9471.html


http://www.runningondew.com


"I think that in five years, Orton is far more likely to be in Billy Gunn Land than being a major player in WWE." - Big Bad - 11/22/03
BigDaddyLoco
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 6 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
#30 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.56
    Originally posted by thecubsfan
    Lucky Cannon sounds like a gay porn name. Not even like a real gay porn name, like a a name a group of high school juniors getting drunk for the first time would come up. It's over the top, but not over the top in a hilarious way like Percy Watson appears to be (except Cole seemed to think Percy was on the level and cool? but maybe that's just Cole?)

    Most of these names are super horrible. And they're changing the rules again and probably will five more times. And the Cole/Daniel stuff just didn't go anywhere here. Kavel with LaCool is a bit of mad genius but maybe someone else can tell me how it goes.

    (edited by thecubsfan on 2.6.10 0002)


This has really been a terrible problem for the WWE over the last couple of years. Dolph Ziggler is the one that comes to mind right away as a guy who really could do something for the company, but is still trying to get over the hump of having a terrible name.

I wish I could think of a few of the others that amazed me when hearing them, but I'm either not watching enough to remember, they are already gone or I've just gotten used to them having bad names.

They'd probably be better off dumping a bunch of first names in one hat and last names in another and just drawing at random.

    Originally posted by Shapiro
    Originally posted by lotjx
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it is a rip-off of Beautiful People with uglier chicks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    Whoa, that's not true. I've seen the Beautiful People without makeup.




The Beautiful People, there's a group of girls that got good names.



(edited by BigDaddyLoco on 2.6.10 2021)
AegisD
Cotto








Since: 22.5.10

Since last post: 417 days
Last activity: 273 days
#31 Posted on
    Originally posted by BigDaddyLoco
      Originally posted by thecubsfan
      Lucky Cannon sounds like a gay porn name. Not even like a real gay porn name, like a a name a group of high school juniors getting drunk for the first time would come up. It's over the top, but not over the top in a hilarious way like Percy Watson appears to be (except Cole seemed to think Percy was on the level and cool? but maybe that's just Cole?)

      Most of these names are super horrible. And they're changing the rules again and probably will five more times. And the Cole/Daniel stuff just didn't go anywhere here. Kavel with LaCool is a bit of mad genius but maybe someone else can tell me how it goes.

      (edited by thecubsfan on 2.6.10 0002)


    This has really been a terrible problem for the WWE over the last couple of years. Dolph Ziggler is the one that comes to mind right away as a guy who really could do something for the company, but is still trying to get over the hump of having a terrible name.

    I wish I could think of a few of the others that amazed me when hearing them, but I'm either not watching enough to remember, they are already gone or I've just gotten used to them having bad names.

    They'd probably be better off dumping a bunch of first names in one hat and last names in another and just drawing at random.

      Originally posted by Shapiro
        Originally posted by lotjx

        it is a rip-off of Beautiful People with uglier chicks.


      Whoa, that's not true. I've seen the Beautiful People without makeup.




    The Beautiful People, there's a group of girls that got good names.



    (edited by BigDaddyLoco on 2.6.10 2021)


Dolph Ziggler may be a bad name, but it's a step up from being in the Spirit Squad...

(edited by CRZ on 2.6.10 1958)
Hokienautic
Liverwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: Blacksburg VA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#32 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.73
    Originally posted by Peter The Hegemon
      Originally posted by The Game

      8)Alex Riley: Perhaps the most separated from the group because not also does he have some of the necessary charisma but with Miz as his pro, this duo should gel pretty nicely. His character is pretty similar to Christopher Nowinski's and he didn't last very long despite having character as well.




    It should be pointed out that Nowinski didn't last long because injuries forced him to retire.

    You know what I would love to see? A promo where the Usos come out and taunt all the NXT Rookies for being so stupid to enter a long, drawn-out competition for a WWE contract and a title shot, when all they had to do was show up at Raw and attack the champs to get the same thing. They could do that on the season 2 finale and use that to explain why there won't be a season 3. B^)

    The proportion of WWE wrestlers whose fathers were wrestlers is getting mighty high.


I got the impression that Bret Hart said he signed the Usos *before* they attacked The Hart Dynasty, not because they did.
ekedolphin
Scrapple








Since: 12.1.02
From: Indianapolis, IN; now residing in Suffolk, VA

Since last post: 75 days
Last activity: 20 days
#33 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.33
    Originally posted by AegisD


    Dolph Ziggler may be a bad name, but it's a step up from being in the Spirit Squad...




True, but ya gotta admit, though they knew they were stuck with a future WrestleCrap-inductee gimmick, they played it to the hilt!



"Say, the next time you want to win your daughter back, you could just try giving her a pony, the apocalypse doesn’t really cut it!"
--The Prince, Prince of Persia (2008)

Fan of the Indianapolis Colts (Super Bowl XLI Champions), Indiana Pacers and Washington Nationals

Certified RFMC Member-- Ask To See My Credentials!

Co-Winner of Time's Person of the Year Award, 2006

It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 11 hours
#34 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.29
    Originally posted by ekedolphin
      Originally posted by AegisD


      Dolph Ziggler may be a bad name, but it's a step up from being in the Spirit Squad...




    True, but ya gotta admit, though they knew they were stuck with a future WrestleCrap-inductee gimmick, they played it to the hilt!


You know, speaking of the Spirit Squad, have ANY of them been seen again since that angle? They played such a shitty gimmick like champs. You'd think ONE of them would have earned their way back to the big leagues by now.



Karlos the Jackal
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: The City of Subdued Excitement

Since last post: 32 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#35 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.00
    Originally posted by It's False
    You know, speaking of the Spirit Squad, have ANY of them been seen again since that angle? They played such a shitty gimmick like champs. You'd think ONE of them would have earned their way back to the big leagues by now.
Wait, do you mean besides Dolph Ziggler?



Last 5 movies seen: Alice in Wonderland (2010) ** - The Road ***1/2 - Mystery Team *** - The Messenger *** - The Rock-afire Explosion ***
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 13 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#36 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.68
(deleted by CRZ on 3.6.10 0009)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 13 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#37 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.68
Aw, crap, board ate my reply. Here, just go to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org).

(A big The W Welcome to our new Canadian smark)



Big Bad
Scrapple








Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
#38 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.70

    This has really been a terrible problem for the WWE over the last couple of years. Dolph Ziggler is the one that comes to mind right away as a guy who really could do something for the company, but is still trying to get over the hump of having a terrible name.

    I wish I could think of a few of the others that amazed me when hearing them, but I'm either not watching enough to remember, they are already gone or I've just gotten used to them having bad names.

    They'd probably be better off dumping a bunch of first names in one hat and last names in another and just drawing at random.


What was the old WWE rule about names? "If you can't picture Howard Finkel announcing it as the NEW WWE champion, then it's a bad name." It seems like the only guy who's escaped the lame name curse in the last few years was Jack Swagger, who received not just a good name, but a great wrestling name.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 28 min.
#39 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.54

    I wish I could think of a few of the others that amazed me when hearing them, but I'm either not watching enough to remember, they are already gone or I've just gotten used to them having bad names.


Scotty Goldman. Braden Walker. Vance Archer. And there were the sports names -- Bam Neely, Kenny Dykstra, Daniel Rodman. Some of them you just end up used to; Evan Bourne seemed stupid at first since I was used to "Matt Sydal."

(edited by JustinShapiro on 3.6.10 0140)
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 11 hours
#40 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.29
    Originally posted by Karlos the Jackal
    Wait, do you mean besides Dolph Ziggler?

    Originally posted by CRZ
    Here, just go to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org).


Man, I can't believe I didn't recognize Dolph. Never would have guessed him as Nicky.

Also forgot about Kenny's brief return, which was about as unmemorable as it gets.



Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next
Thread rated: 4.89
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next
Thread ahead: Undertaker out for the summer; scratched from PPV
Next thread: iMPACT! 6-3-10 "Smoke & Mirrors"
Previous thread: RAW #888 5/31/10
(2222 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Actually she started driving Monster about the time she did the last WCW stint about three years after her retirement match where she couldn't win the WCW Women's World championship.
Related threads: NXT #14 - 5/25/10 - "Attack of the Cole" - NXT #13 - 5/18/10 - "Danielson Strikes Back" - NXT #12 5-11-10 "Elimination Night" - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - NXT #15 6/1/10 (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.395 seconds.